Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2019

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Agreed.. I pay and paid gems to buy explorers.. Even recently, bought those joyous bundles.. just for additional explorers..

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    And not to mention, several reports of accidental gem spending (guild quest etc), which BB has neither fixed, nor reverts (either)..
    So looks like BB just wants to be lazy about reverting transactions, regardless of whose mistake it is.. Player or BB..
    I guess for BB, it is a zero sum game (They lost some gem sales, they gained some gems from our mistakes )
    So perhaps they don't have to worry too much about it.. But totally understand, that its not a zero sum game for many players, which upsets them..

World
    Zeus
    Sometimes the neighbor kids got ice cream and I didn't. Sometimes the slow zebra gets eaten.......
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    when are we getting resource conversion???

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    I read this bit on the news and I'm a bit kind of concerned with this matter. Those who got the double rewards have some what of a bit unfair advantage of the rest of the community in regards to the items they got, specifically the Unique Explorer. What this means is - these players now have 1 extra explorer over the rest. The additional island floating house and settlers HQ which gives a pretty major population.

You said you're not taking anything away, but what are you going to do for the people who didn't benefit from this random giveaway bug that is your fault and not ours. And please don't tell me you're going to mass mail out rewards that ends up including them as well giving them even more free stuff over the rest of us.

I recommend having a Free Shop that allows players to collect the extra rewards that check Max Count. So those players who already received the new max count can't double dip in claiming the rewards to compensate those who didn't get the double reward.
    Let's just look at the numbers here.

Newer player v Established player, newer player got the double reward. However the established player has been here years and after the event has 4x as many explorers and 8x the population of the newer person. Claiming the new player now has a unfair advantage over the established player does not even qualify as a bad dad joke.

Established player got the double reward and the newer player did not. Above numbers still apply but the established player is always going to be in front unless they take a long sabbatical from the game.

2 Established players 1 gets it the other does not. With populations of between 30k-50k a difference of 220 is irrelevant, so is the fact that one now has 2% more explorers.

2 Newer players as before 1 gets it the other did not. OK now we are looking at the only case where your argument has legs but there are two factors which can turn the tables. First there is the random factor from loots, Second is player choice.

World
    Ares
    I don't mind not getting double rewards. But it's certainly one more thing to undermine BB's credibility. They simply may not have enough resources to fix it. Just as they don't have the resources to fix all the other glitches and bugs here and there, to operate diligently their customer service, to review all the answers submitted for the scavenger hunt, etc. Maybe the best thing is just to stop and start over again, and blame it on some external factors. But wait a minute...
    Whence comest thou?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Everyone needs to stop whining about books now. You can queue manus and tomes in the RPH, get a few extra manus from the tributes, slowly build codex from the new story thing and use the bookbinder for whatever, probably tomes since it's less expensive than the RPH. Split city, christmas trees, and one of the easter explorers can bring back books.

This is way better than just 6 months ago, I'm good. Don't need a queue in the bookbinder. Not every gen, explorer, geo needs to be fully booked anyway. Make some choices people.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    my easter explorers have yet to bring anything back better than a tita refill...

but nonetheless

when are we getting our cakes and stuff converted??

World
    Zeus
    argue all you want. but when these mistakes pile up the numbers change. sure you want to give them a pass now and later? and later again?
    these types of mistakes is becoming common if you look at the history of settlers on how many times they've made similar mistakes and somebody always say oh but that's not a big deal. not a big deal. sorry but this lacks credibility. the easter event had many screw ups on the amount of eggs a person could obtain because of the quest bug. it amounted to a full explorer in value.

not to mention the explorer in question has +2 additional loot rolls on it.

no excuse and no sympathy for BB on this. nobody should be defending their actions regardless of what your own opinion is on how small of an advantage you perceive it to be for yourself.

I'm personally upset and annoyed that I don't have the extra explorer, HQ, and imp floating house.

I can tell you this much. A lack of a fix for this just is more reason for me to quit playing this game that keeps piling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Let's just look at the numbers here.

Newer player v Established player, newer player got the double reward. However the established player has been here years and after the event has 4x as many explorers and 8x the population of the newer person. Claiming the new player now has a unfair advantage over the established player does not even qualify as a bad dad joke.

Established player got the double reward and the newer player did not. Above numbers still apply but the established player is always going to be in front unless they take a long sabbatical from the game.

2 Established players 1 gets it the other does not. With populations of between 30k-50k a difference of 220 is irrelevant, so is the fact that one now has 2% more explorers.

2 Newer players as before 1 gets it the other did not. OK now we are looking at the only case where your argument has legs but there are two factors which can turn the tables. First there is the random factor from loots, Second is player choice.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    my easter explorers have yet to bring anything back better than a tita refill...
    but nonetheless
    when are we getting our cakes and stuff converted??
    I'm guessing they're trying to figure out how to fix the problem for us before converting resources and just completely move on with a removal.

Reply to Thread