Reply to Thread

Thread: Training field revision

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Training field revision

The first buff we can use. And probably the only buff we use.
    Is to grant population productions bonus to existing reproduction buildings.
    Targeting mayor house, university and village schools.
    The buff lasts 90 minutes, where village schools produce at 2.5 hours.

My schools may not all be synced up to take advantage of that buff. When I hit it, maybe some schools don't proc in time to reach that buff. I don't know and I'm not checking.
    University at 40 minutes, at least will get 2 cycles. But not three.

Now we have education tribute.
    Which for some reason "education" is related toward settler reproduction and not related to books.
    books.. education.. get it..? Apparently not.
    Anyway.
    We have +1 new building to produce new settlers on a 2 hour timer. That nobody even cares about.
    And it is not included in the training field buff. Uh-oh!
    To be consistent it should be.

But then when we pop that 90 minute buff what are the odds that 120 minute proc is going to land within that buff?

There is nobody that cannot afford "Bread people". That is making new settlers in PH via bread.
    So there is no logical reason to deny access to a usable buff. When we've had to invest and pay for these training fields to begin with.
    Education tribute needs to be included in the buff without doubt.
    And furthermore. Buff ought to be extended to 120 minutes. This still keeps university at 2 cycles not 3. It does extend use on mayor house.
    And increases the odds of more village schools landing within the buff as their proc times are chaotic and not sync.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I used to use the pop buff all the time, but now I'm finding myself much more likely to use the wave or incitement (note: typo on that one Salpeter) instead.

90 minutes of 200%+ helps with my coal mines tremendously.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I was ignoring this building before, though it's good if you are seeking population, but since they added incitement, I have been using it regularly.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i've used the pop buff before during events - and honestly never noticed the timing aberration. i stack it with love gardens (x4, lvl 2). however, most days i use strength training, in combo w/ hi end smelts under market (x4) and reg buffed smelts around the isle (x2).
    Occasionally, if i have gold or tita and salt running i will run incitement. for quests ie lost puppy, event quests - i run the wave.

Reply to Thread