Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Done With Weekly Quests

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i typically do the weekly ships.. and only do the city one if i have a city and scout and all ready to go. i am sick and tired of being begged to do whirlwind.. getting locked into to it for hours if something happens in real life for a player (we've had players fall asleep waiting for walls to come down).. and the of course the leader trying to find that elusive 4th player. It really should be any co-op x 3.. but we've been asking for that since weekly's started... soo i doubt they'll start listening now .. so i revert to my original opinion #stupidweekly

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Since I started this thread, I thought I'd come back to say I still think the weeklies are a great concept... much like the Pathfinder... but there is soooo much in game content not being used for these tasks it's mind-blowing.

The game mechanic is already in place. It appears to work pretty seemlessly, from a programming point of view. So, to make it way better....

ADD VARIATION:
    1) Add about four new weekly challenges, with completely different tasks. They don't have to be easy, or balanced well initially, you guys can check the server stats for completion rates etc to see if we're doing them, where the pain points are, etc. Adjust them on the fly.
    2) After we've cycled through those a few times, change a mission requirement from "Run Whirlwind three times" to "Run Tomb Raiders three times" then after a few cycles of that, switch it to The Siege, then something else. Change Whirlwind to 2x from 3x for one cycle, let us have a better chance to line up four players twice vs three times.
    3) Keep doing #2 above to keep us fresh. With eight different weeklies instead of four and the opportunity to run some different adventures, it would be way more entertaining and use more of the content in game. Do you know most of us are probably running a base adventure over and over, because it's easy, or we like it, or it gives good loot/xp, and then we run the one you have in a weekly... how much content are we not using on a regular basis. I'd love an "End of the World" one, where one of the rewards in step one is EOTW, then you have to run it in step two... most players playing today have never run that content. Shoot, throw one of the old soccer match missions (not scenarios) in there, have a weekly challenge that's "Game Week" needing much beer and villagers and bread and sausage and stuff.
    4) Also, to eliminate my original issue... remove "pay resource" tasks. Add another adventure-type task, as in run one venture, one coop (or), one mini. Any one. We pick, so it's an easy part of the challenge. This allows the tasks to give us "Quest Completed" alerts when we complete a task instead of having to go remember.

Pathfinder:
    Similar situation, just add some new tasks. Outlaws, Stealing from the Rich, etc. Different troop combinations to build. Sac some of the troops we overbuilt for the previous week.

Anyway, would love a response, because improving how already existing mechanics drive our interest would really help, without requiring BB to re-invent the wheel.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    My glitch fixed itself. I hate these things again.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    [...] We also need to be able to dismiss the "Love Garden" quests if it's one we prefer not to complete. [...]

Good point on that one, that one I forgot about as well. That one is so bizarre anyhow as it is only semi-clear on what needs to be done, and to try to place 20 buildings around the garden is nearly impossible given the layout of the isle.... have to run one garden, and watch closely for the narrow window is open then activate the 2nd garden which then exceeds the 20 and completes that quest.. lol
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    [...] The game mechanic is already in place. It appears to work pretty seemlessly, from a programming point of view. So, to make it way better....

ADD VARIATION:
    1) Add about four new weekly challenges, with completely different tasks. [...] Anyway, would love a response, because improving how already existing mechanics drive our interest would really help, without requiring BB to re-invent the wheel.

Kewl, I like the ideas.... +1
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Barney_Google
    The weeklies are a mixed bag. Some of the resources required aren't worth the rewards, doing 3 of any single adventure is a total waste, and probably due to a lack of initiative on the part of devs to vary the adventures.(it is just so much less trouble to program 1 adventure to recur 3 times than to expend time and gray matter to coming up with a weekly variety of adventures. So like so many others, I will farm tokens and EP from the ships and from the less trying parts of the quests, and avoid doing three of the adventures, (especially Storm recovery, which to me is a complete waste of time and resources)

Barney_Google
    Agreed, variation, and ensuring a reasonable amount of resource requirements in ratio to rewards would be good.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The weeklies aren't even remotely worth it. I do the ships about 80% of the time, until they ask for hundreds of book parts. BB can't conceive of anything that doesn't cost 10 times more resources than it's worth. Makes me wonder how they ever came up with the first Settlers game at all.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    I just don't do them. And find it annoying that I cannot self cancel them. The token payout is so low in proportion to the resource layout, and in proportion needed for upgrading buildings. My 3 nickels and I'm sticking to it
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Reply to Thread