Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Done With Weekly Quests

Noble
    World
    Zeus

Done With Weekly Quests

So today I had the joy of logging in to a failed weekly. I had done everything to complete it except click "Pay 3600 coins" because I got involved in something else and didn't log back in, and nothing reminds you that you've done everything if you don't manually go in there and pay the resource.

So, while this is my fault, it's angered me enough to not even bother with them anymore. I'll probably due the silly ship, as those are free tokens, but anything that requires actual effort like running a bunch of one adventure or training troops only to sacrifice them, forget it.

So, would BB please add some variety to them? They feel like a chore not a challenge, since there is no fun in them and for me they're more frustrating than anything, I'm done.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I gave up on them when they were first introduced, but the ship is nice. I do about half of those so I get a slow flow of tokens.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Mine are glitched, but in a good way that gives me free tokens each week (and I mean actually free as in no resources paid out at all) so I like mine

World
    Zeus
    Yes, the 'double' clicking/accepting of quests/subquests in some of the Weekly, Pathfinder and Daily Quests gets annoying. When it is just a Guild Quest, just annoying and perhaps some ribbing from guild mates as you messed up the total Guild coin count for the day, but for Weekly quests, the cost of failure is humongous as was posted in the original post. All those resources used and in the end lost since you forgot to click the acceptance of the quest a second time....
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I was done at the start. The insanely high cost for a few tokens which wind up costing far more in the end than just buying grout in the first place just doesn't make sense to me.
    I just wish we had an option to not even see the stupid things.
    And the same for PvP stuff.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i still do only ships. the rest is insanely overpriced

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I don't believe I've failed a weekly yet, but part of that is very generous guildies helping with ToW advs - those are getting hard to find, please make the "adventure" requirements include at least two different advs, perhaps "ToW or ToK", "BC or SS", "WW or Split City".

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Each week the pop up says quest failed or mission failed and I think to myself... the failure is not on me. I've never completed even 1 because I just presume that it is very long and very expensive.

World
    Zeus
    I have no idea if any BB actually reads these, never have as responses ONLY seem to come when there is a violation of some blathering rule and they want to scold somebody. An occasional note, poke would suffice to show the average interested TSO player in North America that BB gives a rat's patooie

In any case, here goes my 2¢ on the issue(s) I have with the Weekly Quest Chain:

• As mentioned in the original post in this thread, the need to click the same quest/sub-quest multiple times for the same completion (seems only to happen in those quests requiring payment of some good, but regardless) is frustrating, unnecessary and can cause confusion/missed quest opportunities where the quests were actually complete.
    • As mentioned in other responses in this thread, also relating to Weekly Quest chains is the requirement to complete adventures that are rare and hard to find (e.g. Treasure of Wisdom in particular is exceedingly rare and requires 3x be performed when it is called up), or mandating 4x player coop adventures. Whirlwind comes to mind here as when it comes up, 3x Whirlwinds are required for the sub-quest to be completed. Getting 4x players to commit to this is getting harder by the week. Very few players are ready to lock their loot spot down for an unspecified time as they know until all 4x players are available, they may get stuck and have to work or do other Real-Life activities... you see this can be an infinite regress of getting more players to join a possible losing situation. It has taken me 3-5 days to complete this one sub-quest and limited my adventure time to 3x total in that time as my primary loot spot is full of WW waiting for other 3x players to join.

Possible solutions to this issue would be:

1. Allow players to cancel the Weekly Quest all-together and start a new one all over again.

2. Put some more player friendly adventures in place of the tired and rejected Whirlwind;
      e.g. Tomb Raider (4-player coop that is not only faster, but garners a lot more interest from other players);
      or perhaps for higher level players impose on them to run the new 'Split City' coops (2-player ones, but still, much more challenging).

3. For difficult-to-get-players coops or Rare Adventures, perhaps reduce the number of adventures required for the Sub-Quest.
    For BB, I look forward to and am quivering with anticipation to any response to this thread; and for fellow players, please feel free to respond with thoughts/ideas you all may have on these issues.

Cheers and happy adventuring.

PS - Understand me in that I know BB is attempting to provide us challenging and difficult tasks in these various Quests/sub-Quests, but the ones in question are not so much challenging as they are not in our control; I/We have plenty of friends that we deal with on a daily basis providing trades, loot spots various levels of socializing... but we are not in positions that can force other players to play coop adventures that they are not interested in playing. Thus, these sub-quests are beyond our ability to complete in such a time frame. Thank you.
    Last edited by Raubhautz; 01-19-20 at 10:54 am. Reason: addendum/PS
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    For me, now that I have reached level 66, weekly quests are just too expensive both in resources and time demands. My computer gaming is usually only about 2 hours at night so having ridiculously long production quests is out of the question. I managed to get through them until I hit level 66. Until then, I liked the challenge and they were usually doable, though I quit doing "Kingdom Defense" because of the WW requirement. Now they just aren't worth the cost and I have a real life that precludes me being a slave to a "casual" game which is supposed to be a way of relieving stress. There is enough challenge in the game without needing to do the weeklies.

With that, my request is that the default for the weekly to be either minimized or and always at the bottom of the quest book, or allow players to turn off/on the weekly quest function if we want a pause. The quest book window gets crowded, especially during events.

We also need to be able to dismiss the "Love Garden" quests if it's one we prefer not to complete.

Reply to Thread