Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mass sends for explorers

World
    Ares
    It takes longer than that. And sometimes, especially with events, you may not have more than a few minutes available at the time you need to resend them to avoid having them idle. Sometimes their timing means it's outside of your normal gaming time. Sometimes you just want to login to send them out and get back to work in real life. Like PVP, not everyone likes it, but many do. So, also like PVP, it's there for those who want it and those who don't want it don't have to use it.

World
    Zeus
    What we need is a Master Treasure Searcher. The character would be like a Quartermaster General in the respect that there would be 9 slots available for explorers to be assigned to. They would remain assigned until removed. They would disappear from Star Menu when assigned and reappear when unassigned.

The Master Treasure Searcher would be "sent on a search" in the same manner as we now use. In reality he would simply mass launch his 9 explorers and they would search and return as they currently do. The Master Treasure Searcher would only be available for his next search when all individual explorers assigned to him return, so it would be up to the end user to make sure explorers of like type, skill sets and search times were assigned to him.

He could be made available for Bean Stalks and Star Coins, making him voluntary to use and available to everyone who wants the feature. Or if BB really must, they can have say 4 freebies available and the rest available for a reasonable amount of gems. Reasonable, (like the cost of a Savage Scout), being the key word.

A Master Treasure Searcher would be simpler to program than a Master Adventure Searcher where cost variables for the search(es) exist and besides, we aren't expected to do massive amounts of Adventure searches for events.

We could give the Master Searchers names that correspond to their preferred search type using the current naming feature.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Ares
    That sounds good too, Perwyn.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Great idea Perwyn. I'd love to see any feature that would let me send multiple explorers out at once.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Whats next mass build/search mines? Mass buff? Whats the sense? Or maybe mass battle? Pick a guide send gens push battle get results just like a text game -fantastic!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    A QoL improvement of some kind for sending explorers would certainly be helpful, both to help reduce the amount of clicks and ease daily maintenance and help some people who may have carpal tunnel. It could even function like sending generals to an adventure and check off a bunch at once to send.

I don't think anyone is asking or expecting full-automation and everything being sent en masse for us in every aspect of the game. I understand though that players who've been at this game longer may have 'had it harder', but that doesn't mean as a game evolves that certain 'quality of life' improvements can't be added in. I mean the goal overall is to try and keep players.. no shortage of other things to click through in the game.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    yes please

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Pick a guide send gens push battle get results just like a text game -fantastic!
    80% chance I'd play the game again.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    +1

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    yep

Reply to Thread