Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Halloween Event 2019

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The description on love crazed suggests it doesn't work with PFB by design. Guess I'll save those if that's the case.

I've got the bundle, both explorers, and Dracul 5 days in. I'm not sure what expectations are if that isn't enough.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post
    Before I waste my Love Crazed, was the conflict between that the PFB ever sorted out? Apparently they were somehow negating or cancelling each other if active at the same time. :/

While I wouldn't say pumpkin flow was 'good', it's better than some recent events have been (ie the travesty of Easter 2019 when we simply couldn't log on for up to a week-plus while all of our buildings ran un-buffed and our PFB and Prem ran down...and Support's response was *shrug* "Hope you keep playing!").

The unfortunate reality of the cemeteries is they are simply too slow. I've loaded them up and am running them nearly solid on Machine Oil/Elixirs/Snacks/Snow and PFB but their rates still has me falling short. Running more Advs only gets me more 'refills' (that are wasted because the cemeteries can't use them fast enough), not more 'pumpkins'. Unless BB lets the cemeteries run past the core Event and into the 'Removal' Phase week (which the Dev Diary isn't clear on), this is the first time I will have pumpkins left in my cemeteries at the end of the Event. O.o

So having a few Love Crazed on top would be a big help with those numbers.
    Agreed - i have mine filled to basically just b4 event end.... and that will net me about 22k pumpkins give or take on pfb and rainbow -- however idk if i can get the rainbow timing right to the end etc.
    and then i have collies - say 10 a day from there...
    and explorers -
    other than buying at crazy rates theres no other way to get pumpkins .. if i wanted the entire list i'm mathing it at nearly 94k pumpkins. i see that as Nearly impossible.

once again.. i would much rather have pumpkins drop than deal with these stupid fields, making space for them and the store houses needed to make them 'fast' etc etc.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    Agreed - i have mine filled to basically just b4 event end.... and that will net me about 22k pumpkins give or take on pfb and rainbow -- however idk if i can get the rainbow timing right to the end etc.
    and then i have collies - say 10 a day from there...
    and explorers -
    other than buying at crazy rates theres no other way to get pumpkins .. if i wanted the entire list i'm mathing it at nearly 94k pumpkins. i see that as Nearly impossible.

once again.. i would much rather have pumpkins drop than deal with these stupid fields, making space for them and the store houses needed to make them 'fast' etc etc.
    ....or even the ability to pay to upgrade the Small/Common ones to closer to the Noble rates.

Something to deal with the bottleneck that is the six slow Cemeteries...aside from having to drop thousands upon thousands in Gems...which I'm not buying after the travesty that was the Easter Event and lack of Support.

Jinkies, if the Canadians are complaining... :shifty:

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post
    Jinkies, if the Canadians are complaining... :shifty:
    hahaha

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    hahaha

Running PFB with mostly Machine Oil/Elixirs then Snacks/Snow I should be able to get both Bewitching, both Gemini, and both Labs assuming no gaps in production.

To get the Lanterns and Mansions I'll need another 20k+ Pumpkins. The IDeerstalkers would be nice, but alas.

It isn't even a case of not being able to run enough Adventures, because at some point (ie where I am now) the Cemeteries become the bottleneck and can't produce any more Pumpkins. That means having to drop 25k+ in Gems...which will not happen after last Easter.

BB wants money for Gems? They better step up the Support beyond *shrug* "Gosh, that's terrible! Hope you keep playing!".

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    We're several events past getting everything being relatively easy to do. I'd guess I'll end up in the 60-70k range with long treasure searches, so I could get more if I really wanted to send out short searches, but explorers are too much clicking already. That won't buy me everything, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I've set my sights on a ghost lantern, haunted mansions, bundle, explorers, geologist, younger geminis, laboratory, grim reaper, and Dracul. That's 46k, which puts me halfway there 30% of the way through the event. I don't even know what I'll spend my excess on beyond that because everything else I could take it or leave it.

Granted, this is coming from the perspective of someone with 51 explorers and not in need of farms/silos/storehouses/etc. (though those tradable buildings have always been much cheaper to buy with non-event resources).

If you have too many pumpkin refills, there's probably someone in trade who doesn't.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    with the ghost lantern do we get a quest only once a week when the ship comes in or 3 quest one for each GL and if they are not all built at the same time is the weekly gift and 2nd quest coming when you built them

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Like the Christmas Tree. You get one weekly visit. Each visit you get one Gift for each lantern.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Sending explorers on short treasure searches
    During every event, we do short treasure searches to optimize event currency.

There is too much clicking to send explorers on short treasure searches.
    I have 34 explorers but others probably have many more.

The answer is
    1) change the user interface so you can mass send explorers on a given search
    2) change event currency returned so that it scales with the time of treasure search.

Since it is unlikely BB will change the user interface, it seems option 2 is the best answer.

For example:
    Halloween 2019
    70%....30%

Halloween 2020
    70%.....30%

This new scaling of treasure rewards does NOT penalize returns based on length of treasure search.
    This allows us to reduce tedious explorer short searches by sending them on longer searches.

Please create a mass send for explorers, OR change to the new Scaled Treasure Search.

Thank you.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I don't like the idea of an easy button where you can just send everyone on a prolonged search and get 16 times more resources, but this clicking clicking clicking is becoming an increasing chore. I do think people need to at least make some effort, even if that effort is to login once an hour or two and use whatever mass send interface there is.

I'll keep grabbing more and more explorers, but we're at the point now where we're getting multiple per month. It's been like 8 between anniversary and Halloween. I got the first gem bundle, but I stopped there, although I'll keep buying the ones for event resources. Some people macro it, which may not be such a bad idea because when you have dozens of explorers and keep getting more, this is an increasingly obnoxious mechanic. At least we don't have to click on mail one by one anymore.

If nothing else, a repeat last button seems simple enough. Not great, but 1 less click per explorer is better than no improvement at all.

Reply to Thread