Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Halloween Event 2019

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Unless they have changes something in the game mechanics, they gave a clear explaination on how the explorers worked several years ago. The loot for the explorer is determined at the time the explorer is sent out. If the explorer is sent out before the phase 1 ends, the loot will include pumpkins. However, the explorer loot is not saved when your island goes into hibernation 15 minutes after you log out. When you log back in and the island is updated for the time you were off-line (up to 24 hours), the explorer loot is also redone. If this happens after phase 1 ends, it will use the active loot table which does not include pumpkins.

You can maintain the event loot for the explorer if you do not log out and reset the loot tables. This has worked in the previous events and has worked so far in this event with my explorer who have returned after the event ended with pumpkins.

Here are the instructions on how to maximize the event returns with explorers.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    Unless they have changes something in the game mechanics, they gave a clear explaination on how the explorers worked several years ago. The loot for the explorer is determined at the time the explorer is sent out. If the explorer is sent out before the phase 1 ends, the loot will include pumpkins. However, the explorer loot is not saved when your island goes into hibernation 15 minutes after you log out. When you log back in and the island is updated for the time you were off-line (up to 24 hours), the explorer loot is also redone. If this happens after phase 1 ends, it will use the active loot table which does not include pumpkins.

You can maintain the event loot for the explorer if you do not log out and reset the loot tables. This has worked in the previous events and has worked so far in this event with my explorer who have returned after the event ended with pumpkins.

So some people are able to use an exploit to get these and other people who just relied on what BB posted are out of luck. They need to be changing the programming so this doesn't work. The loot should be set when you send these out and it shouldn't make any difference if you log out to go to sleep. All that is happening with this current system since the reset happens when most north americans are asleep is rewarding the European players or the exploiters.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    So some people are able to use an exploit to get these and other people who just relied on what BB posted are out of luck. They need to be changing the programming so this doesn't work. The loot should be set when you send these out and it shouldn't make any difference if you log out to go to sleep. All that is happening with this current system since the reset happens when most north americans are asleep is rewarding the European players or the exploiters.
    It can hardly be called an exploit when the lead game designer posts exactly how the loot works, with illustration. It is more accurate to say the game is rewarding the people who actually have read what was posted.

Mayor
    World
    Ares

all well and good but sometimes you cannot 'stay online' if i leave my game running within 20 min of inactivity the game kicks me out.. regularly with that 'server reset' check box... soo i have no way of staying logged in.. I envy those that can.

nonetheless . the email just received from bb was most welcome and equalled about what i would have reaped from my 40 explorers. I appreciate that.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    see, i knew BB would fix the server-wide error. they always do.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Unexpected bonus pumpkins - always nice!

World
    Zeus
    BB proves once again that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    It can hardly be called an exploit when the lead game designer posts exactly how the loot works, with illustration. It is more accurate to say the game is rewarding the people who actually have read what was posted.
    The intent isn't to have your explorers come back with pumpkins if sent prior to the end of the event. If it was, it would be happening right across the board. Just because you found a way to work the system based on information provided doesn't make it less of an exploit. In any case that was written three years ago, that wouldn't be something everyone would be aware of.

In the future I hope they fix things so that it is consistent throughout.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Bonus pumpkins? Thanks again. I wouldn't have noticed. Enough for a building.

As a suggestion, I accept all loot and delete all battle reports automatically. I'm sure most people do now because the mail improvements are great. For these mails from BB, I think another category is better, or it is easy to overlook if it is just in as loot. What counts as NPC mail? Or maybe gift mail or some other category.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    ok my ghost ship quest keeps 'disappearing'.. i wrote down last one i had timing wise.. so i should have one in 1 hr. approx... but.. the quest has once again completely disappeared from my quests (the countdown).. previously when this happened i click a lantern it mysteriously appeared. not today.
    i thought well maybe i completed it accidentally ... but no mystery chest either so nope.

soo.. anyone else have their quest for lost ship continually disappearing??

in screenshot you can see my quests (or lack of) - and 3 lanterns off to the right

Update: it finally appeared in quest 30 min later.. i dont know if clicking the lantern triggered it or.. what... i completed the quests... and logged out for evening, next morning it is yet still there (6 days 12 hrs countdown portion).. but really it should have never left - clearly a bug somewhere.

Reply to Thread