Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Halloween Event 2019

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    One difficulty I see is adventure searches where collecting amounts of coin and sausage are involved. That could be a major block to it being feasible.
    Considering they can account for different travel times from one menu, they surely can account for different resources payments. I like the Master Explorer idea and some setup settings that can be saved would definitely be welcome.

I would also welcome the ability to 'hide' items in my star. Like unused generals, or geos, or even items like adventures I'll probably never run but I still hang on to cause ya never know.

Getting quite the explorer fatigue. CLICK CLICK CLICK, my mouse isn't happy nor my mind.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    As much as it's easy to complain about the clicking being annoying, the majority of my pumpkins still came from explorers. Though I would welcome some improvement to the system that's quickly ballooning with the addition of so many additional explorers, a bunch of clicking every few hours is small price to pay.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    in the original Dev Diary, it said:

"Explorers will bring Pumpkins if they were sent before the Removal phase kicked in. New explorer searches will not bring any event currency."

Last night, I double checked the diary to see if it was a mistake or if i was remembering it wrong, but it was still there. With this, I then informed my entire guild that it was in their best interest to send their explorers out on the longest searches they could to bring back as many pumpkins possible during the removal phase.

Now, this morning after the event has ended, i see that the line is crossed out and no longer valid.

I get it. Errors are made and things change. But to change the rules of the game AFTER the event ended? That doesn't seem fair.

I don't like to complain. The new Younger Gemini is great. I think the ghost ship summoning lamp posts are cool. But i don't really enjoy having the goal posts moved.

I hope BB does the right thing to rectify this error, as they have always done in the past.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    My Explorers are still bringing back Pumpkins as their Searches end...for now.

"I hope BB does the right thing to rectify this error, as they have always done in the past."

Perhaps 'occasionally, and with varying results', but certainly not 'always'. :/ BB's Support group has been less and less interested in 'rectifying' anything over the last year or so.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    well . broken again
    :Explorers will bring Pumpkins if they were sent before the Removal phase kicked in. New explorer searches will not bring any event currency.:

nope i had 40 explorers out.. 4 brought pumpkins.. rest did not .. all sent BEFORE end.

Agree - changing the mechanics AFTER the end is underhanded and unfair.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    well . broken again
    :Explorers will bring Pumpkins if they were sent before the Removal phase kicked in. New explorer searches will not bring any event currency.:

nope i had 40 explorers out.. 4 brought pumpkins.. rest did not .. all sent BEFORE end.

Agree - changing the mechanics AFTER the end is underhanded and unfair.
    ...and mine are still bringing them back. O.o

I wonder if they figured out they had a glitch and that it was better to remove the promise so anyone who got them got a 'bonus', rather than everyone who didn't complaining about missing out?

...or maybe BB just dropped the ball...again. :/

...and they wonder why I stopped buying Gems?

Case. In. Point.

Keep screwing up Events, even after the fact. When players complain, BB Support gives you a *shrug* and says, "That's too bad. We hope you keep playing!".

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriska416 View Post
    in the original Dev Diary, it said:

"Explorers will bring Pumpkins if they were sent before the Removal phase kicked in. New explorer searches will not bring any event currency."
    Mechanics we'rent changed, they stayed the same regardless of what hope may of been gotten from some incorrect line on the dev diary. Every year BB's post something incorrect about the explorers yet it basically works the same way every year. The search has to end within phase 1.

The searches can start early (though I have had explorers not bring anything out the first time) but the end must fall within the start of P1. Sometimes if you time it too closely and haven't refreshed the game (to see the Halloween banner) it can have varied results much like the premium friend buff needing a reload. If you log on too late and hit the 16hr or 24hr (can't remember the inactive economy freeze timing) threshold it also doesn't recognize that they would of fallen in P1.

BUT I have never had explorers bring stuff back in P2 in any event. Sure a bugged explorer has happened from time to time, but hoping to sneak in a last round of explorers has never worked even 1% of the time in P2.

The BBs change and knowledge is passed on I'm sure. They probably post "what should happen' but it isn't always 100% correct info. At least they 'updated' the incorrect line of information by crossing it out. Sure we don't like something taken away, but we really never had it. Do you really think they updated this version just to let us get extra free stuff?? No, and I'm sure you sent out explorers to land after the event started like the rest of us. So at least we got those, right?

And the premium friend buff... Fantastic! Bugged or not, cemetery output being doubled was just outstanding; as was being able to build a manu every 45 mins. I had to queue a 2nd 200 mans just to keep up.

SO yeah, the event wasn't perfect, but I would have to say it was 10 times better than the anniversary and still much much better than Easter & soccer.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post
    ...and mine are still bringing them back. O.o

I wonder if they figured out they had a glitch and that it was better to remove the promise so anyone who got them got a 'bonus', rather than everyone who didn't complaining about missing out?

...or maybe BB just dropped the ball...again. :/

...and they wonder why I stopped buying Gems?

Case. In. Point.

Keep screwing up Events, even after the fact. When players complain, BB Support gives you a *shrug* and says, "That's too bad. We hope you keep playing!".
    Not a single one of mine have yet brought back pumpkins that were sent out prior to the event end. I had a couple of guild mates that said they got some explorers come back with pumpkins after the event. At least these changes should be consistent.

World
    Ares
    None of my Explorers sent before Event end are coming back with Pumpkins. I consider this to be completely unacceptable, as I explained in Global chat earlier this morning:

[09:23] [TNH] Ensign_Garak: With all due respect, you need to understand this from the player perspective. I got up 45 minutes before Event end in order to send off all my Explorers, BECAUSE of that one erroneous statement that you are now minimizing. So, because of YOUR error, you wasted my time by having me wake up in the middle of the night, because I relied on the information that you published.

[09:24] [TNH] Ensign_Garak: So, if you don't care about my time, why should I give a *darn* about your game, much less support you by buying Gems?

I will be looking for some action from BB to let me know why I should trust them again. This was a mistake made by BB/staff that was allowed to stand for WEEKS before someone tried to change it in a very sneaky and deceptive manner. Perhaps it is time for me to bring my playing time in this game to an end, if something is not done to improve the quality of the coding and response to player's problems and concerns about the game.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I half expected this. I'm never sure if mine will return any event resources at the start or end of an event. I just roll the dice and see what happens. Would be nice if I could recall them from their day-long search, but the luckies at least will be returning soon. It would have been a nice bonus to get another round, but at least I wasn't relying on them.

Reply to Thread