Reply to Thread

Thread: Player level cap increase

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Player level cap increase

When you increase these caps can you make things faster for people not at the level cap to catch up ? It has been made extremely easy for new players to hit lvl 50 (often during an event within a few weeks), however, things really slow down especially in the 60 plus range.

Maybe some special quest lines to help or reduce the amount of xp needed for each level by a significant amount.

The highest person on my friend list/guild list is only 73 and they run so so many adventures. It almost seems pointless to increase the level cap actually for the few people who must be at max now.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Enjoy the ride! Speaking from experience it sucks to be at lev cap(18 months at lev 50). The game is already 10 times faster and easier than it used to be. Needless to say they lost many many players during the lst lev cap freeze, i'm sure they don't want that to happen again.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The increase kills my desire to level up. I had been focusing on gaining levels, slowly now, but now it's impossible to reach max level, for me anyway. I had planned to hit 75 over the next couple of years through event adventuring. After a certain point, you don't actually get anything for gaining new levels, but it's an accomplishment. To get triple that amount? Never going to happen. Assuming the same XP requirement philosophy applies, going from 79 to 80 is the same as going from 60 to 75. What a horrible grind.

The problem with making it easier to reach max level is that you then at some point have to add higher max levels, so it becomes a never ending cycle of trying to stay ahead of people maxing out. They have certainly made level gaining a lot faster than it used to be with general skills and more powerful generals, though.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pochucker View Post
    Enjoy the ride! Speaking from experience it sucks to be at lev cap(18 months at lev 50). The game is already 10 times faster and easier than it used to be. Needless to say they lost many many players during the lst lev cap freeze, i'm sure they don't want that to happen again.
    I started 6 plus years ago I know what the game was like before. It just makes no sense to make it so ridiculously easy to get up to 50 now and you almost hit a wall once you get into the 60s.

I agree once a certain number of players hit max level they need to be providing more content for them, however, as things stand for most people they will never hit max level and that is a huge problem since it is extremely demotivating. Maybe they should consider creating questlines for cosmetic types of things, new skins for buildings, etc at max level instead of increasing the cap.

Reply to Thread