Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Christmas Event 2019

Community Manager
    World
    Ares

[Feedback] Dev Diary: Christmas Event 2019

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Christmas Event 2019 Dev Diary below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Malkun

World
    Ares
    No presents from adventure loots?

Xmas Gift Tree should be 1x1 building, just like the Ghost Lantern.

Also, the cost for opening doors is ridiculous. It's Christmas time! Obviously, people cannot log on everyday...

New content looks awesome though. 1x1 River House is a great addition.
    Whence comest thou?

World
    Zeus
    Looks Good!! Excited about the River Houses, the new General & Explorer.

Are one of the CoA generals part of the Calendar this year? Or is the limit adaptation mentioned only in reference to being able to purchase them for gems?
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    1 week cooldown kind of kills the Christmas bakery for me. Even with 3 of them (yes, another one of those buildings), it's still too long. Looks helpful for some people, but I don't really see the potential on my island.

I've got a spot all picked out for the second Christmas market area. I'm just not sure how implementable it is to be able to use two of them on a rotating schedule. Buff overwrite option would be helpful.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I'm spread around with buildings, so for the Christmas Bakery to be really useful, I'd have to clump similar things together. I'll probably still use a free one though. I like how the Recycler is getting cheaper and cheaper.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    3x XP for Xmas Event is very nice. Thanks BB

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Nice things about this Christmas event:
    Triple XP for all adventures
    Riverhouse is small and affordable
    Recyclers are affordable
    Ability to get additional Nusala, Vargus, Anselm
    1 Christmas bakery from quest chain
    Presents from Explorer searches scale to the search length (Don't have to do short searches to maximize presents, ie less clicking)

Event items that I have questions about:
    Christmas Bakery has some intriguing features: Half inputs, triple production, usable even at level 1 (compared to Market).
    But a 1 week cooldown seems a bit long. And could you make moving it less expensive so it becomes a movable buff?

Humble explorer is ok, but with so much time/effort clicking explorers I don't need the odd explorer that can only do short or medium searches.

Steadfast general: Like many of the new generals offered, what do I do with him? I'd love a a few lines of description as to what situations he is useful, what adventures he helps, and why this particular set of abilities is useful.

Christmas tree: I'd also like it to fit in 1x1 square. Also, its loot table seems weaker than Ghost Lantern.

Ideas for future events
    Since events provide new buildings requiring many moves, how about a "free move buff" for island.
    Or make moves much less expensive as an added feature of Premium.
    Why is this needed?
    Imagine trying to a jigsaw puzzle in your head, without being able to move pieces around and seeing how they fit.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    Presents from Explorer searches scale to the search length (Don't have to do short searches to maximize presents, ie less clicking).
    I hadn't noticed. No point in bothering with short searches except as filler. Long is the best option (with three books in pilgrimage, which is a bottom tier skill so should be just about a given). Very long if you have three books in sabbatical. But overall it scales precisely, with skills making the only slight differences. Prolonged is about 15% worse than long since there are no skills that impact just prolonged. By comparison, prolonged was 50% worse than short during Halloween.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    [U]Steadfast general: Like many of the new generals offered, what do I do with him? I'd love a a few lines of description as to what situations he is useful, what adventures he helps, and why this particular set of abilities is useful.
    Immediate and best use: adds flanking and splash to swift units (also ups the acc by 20% so even master planner isn't 'necessary') That means elite units have a cavalry counterpart. Knight sacs can attack weakest and have splash without needing 3 books in unstoppable charge. Will help immensely with MCC battles at the very least, but good against any boss camps with bosses that act as a wall between you and the small more damaging units. So instead of a 235 Cav sac to kill some frost foxes, you can 235 knights and obliterate them. [Also, not to be nitpicky but:"her"]

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    [Also, not to be nitpicky but:"her"]
    or "zir"...
    Whence comest thou?

Reply to Thread