Reply to Thread

Thread: Stackable Buildings

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Stackable Buildings

With these newer style buildings that can not be buffed or upgraded, but increase production speed based on how many you have (ie. those like Snack Stand), it would be very beneficial to be able to consolidate them down to 1 single building. Rather than give an option to be able to "upgrade" them, but a change to be able to place 1 on top of the other (like a recipe for RPH) to increase the level of them. This way the value of them is still based on acquiring the building, but yet you only take up 1 space on your island for them.

Looking towards the future, if we continue to push out these type of buildings and not make that change, many players will either have to remove lots of buildings that are important to their ecomony or skip the new buildings all together.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    This is a good solution that makes sense, but unfortunately there are already multiple pre-existing options which would allow for a solution as well. Make them upgradeable, recipes like the RPH, blueprints like the epic workyards. I do think it makes sense that people have to reacquire buildings each event because otherwise they would run out of things to buy. The problem is I think it's doing what's intended. If you run out of room, you have to spend gems on more space in the form of mountain removal or new islands.

These new buildings are all pretty annoying and not sustainable in their current form. I'm passing on the Christmas bakery in part because it's not very interesting but also because I'd need 7 of them to get rid of the awful cooldown. I have multiple others in my star. That could be argued at least to be more of a playstyle choice. The most egregious example is the advanced toolmaker. That is available from the standard build menu. There is absolutely no excuse why that cannot be upgraded.

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    I suggested this a while ago. I'm sick of these buildings.

Reply to Thread