Reply to Thread

Thread: Gift Trees glitch

World
    Ares

Unhappy Gift Trees glitch

I think others have reported this problem, but I bought additional gift trees and now when the time rolls around for the gift, the wait time "quest" in the quest log disappears, but no gift is available.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Same here. Fine now, though. Not sure what triggered the gift to appear. Long enough logout?

World
    Ares
    I tore them down then rebuilt them & reloaded the game. After a minute or 2 the gift icon appeared. Wonder if that's the new normal.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Had the same issue first round. When the countdown to the gift came down to 0, nothing happened. No gift on the tree, no quest in the book, nothing in the star. Present then appeared hours later. I have sent in a ticket, cause it's not working correctly. I should receive another set of presents this afternoon, so I wonder what will happen.... will keep you posted.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    The problem for this as well as the ghost ship is not with the trees/ship at all but with the quest timer. Currently it rounds down the minutes to the next hour. So when the timer first starts it will say 6d23h0m if you click it fast enough, but then a few seconds later it will switch to 6d22h0m. This is because the timer switched to 6:22:59 and then rounded down. Why this is a problem is because once the timer gets under 1 hour remaining (59m or less) it will round it down to 0. This will cause the timer to think it is finished and remove the quest from your quest book. However, the real timer still actually has 59 minutes left on it. So the quest disappears, and you think it is done, but really you still have up to an hour left to wait.

Having the devs change the timer to round up instead of down would fix this, as for the last 59 minutes the timer would round up to and display 1 hour, right up until the actual completion, causing the timer to disappear at the same time the ship/gift appears. Alternately, having the timer display minutes would help as well, although if it still rounds down the timer would still end a minute before the gifts actually appear.

Reply to Thread