Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 01/21/20

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmyr View Post
    It should be noted that for the majority of this game's history there has been a very obvious restraint built into the fabric of the game's development, to keep us from being able to get too much or do too much, and it has been relevant to the potential the game has had to offer for what could be achieved during gameplay without completely playing it out.
    I agree with this part of your post. There have always been built in bottlenecks & governors to keep us from moving too quickly.

Now there is a focus on gathering real world funds, and a disbanding of keeping a restraint on our ease of play (the devs definition of challenge being to make things slow and demanding of patience) by offering more champions, ways to make books faster, ways to gather loot through searching easier, yet there is no change in the actual challenge the game offers to reflect it being made easier..
    I half agree with this. Yes, BB seems to be offering more “merchandise” for purchase with gems than ever before.

However, I don't see it as a disbanding of restraint when put in context of recent changes in the game, mostly in the form of events. We used to have 3 events a year, with the Soccer event every other year, and the rare Anniversary event as extras.

Now we have the traditional 3 we've always had, plus: Valentines, Yearly Soccer, Yearly Anniversary. So the amount of events has doubled. Which means the number of Generals, Scouts and Geologists we can acquire has increased, which would indicate a need to be able to produce books faster and easier than before.

Book production clearly already wasn't working well when we only had 3 events, and so with 6 events a year and the huge increase in available characters needing books…. Had nothing about producing books improved, the complaining and gnashing of teeth would have shaken the very sky.

As far as the events themselves, there has been a steady complaint about the number of event resources needed to be able to purchase everything a person would want. BB has partially addressed this by adding explorers that have muliple loot slots, the newest of which only has multiple slots doing short and medium searches, which generally yield the best results during events anyways.

As someone who used gems to purchase all 10 Savage Scouts early in my gameplay and have then gotten every scout available from events, the addition of the newer scouts allows me to keep up with the cost changes in events that have occurred. For newer players, the new scouts with multiple slots is a way for them to be able to get a good amount of event currency even tho they don't have the large contingent of scouts long time players have.

As far as being able to get multiple CoA generals. How is that a bad thing? I can either wait for Vargus or Anslem to walk back from an attack and send him again OR use him on the camps where he saves the most troops while sending other gens that take higher losses to keep the adventure moving. So now, I can lower my losses if I'm willling to spend some gems.

If your main concern is people being able to level up faster…. Leveling doesn't get you anything once you pass a certain point, so is, in itself, pretty pointless. As far as bottlenecks and governors to slow things down some: Crystals, Adventure Tales, Obsidian, Tokens & OilSeed all have limits on how many can be acquired. There are probably other things I'm not thinking of at the moment.

but the disbanding of restraint and greater offerings are being done so in exchange for those real world funds... so if the game is not being developed to need more champions and other gens or for resources to become easier to procure and thereby more cheap on the market, what does that mean when they are offering them in exchange for our money? hmmmmm it seems like a harbinger to me.
    Actually, we don't know for certain what is being developed as far as adventures go. The Split City Co-ops could be a glimpse of what may be coming later as far as harder adventures needing powerful generals. There's some long term quest in development on test right now, not sure what the adventures are going to be like on that either.

Maybe you're right and BB is just trying to grab as much cash as they can before this all shuts down one day. I think it's somewhere more in the middle. If they can continue to make money off the game, why would they shut down? If they attempt to generate more income and everybody pooh-poohs it cause it's no longer a free game, yadda yadda yadda, then it's probably going away sooner than people who've spent money would like it to.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I agree with this part of your post. There have always been built in bottlenecks & governors to keep us from moving too quickly.
    Agreed.

I half agree with this. Yes, BB seems to be offering more “merchandise” for purchase with gems than ever before.

However, I don't see it as a disbanding of restraint when put in context of recent changes in the game, mostly in the form of events. We used to have 3 events a year, with the Soccer event every other year, and the rare Anniversary event as extras.
    Agreed.

Actually, we don't know for certain what is being developed as far as adventures go. The Split City Co-ops could be a glimpse of what may be coming later as far as harder adventures needing powerful generals. There's some long term quest in development on test right now, not sure what the adventures are going to be like on that either.

Maybe you're right and BB is just trying to grab as much cash as they can before this all shuts down one day. I think it's somewhere more in the middle. If they can continue to make money off the game, why would they shut down? If they attempt to generate more income and everybody pooh-poohs it cause it's no longer a free game, yadda yadda yadda, then it's probably going away sooner than people who've spent money would like it to.
    ...and therein lies the frustration of BB's lack of communication and declining quality of responses from Support. :/

Those two factors have cost our Guild more players than any others in the last several years, and those who have stayed are spending less...in some cases far less.

All BB would have to do to deal with this is:

1) Let us know what the heck is going on. Actual ideas of what to expect over the next 2-3 years. Not the 'We know and we're working on it! Trust us!' platitudes they've been dropping for the last 2-3 years, but actual "We're planning to expand the Islands on your Home Screen, and boy will they will surprise you!" or "Wait for the MEGA-XXL level up options! You'll be blown away next year!" or *something*.

2) When something goes horribly wrong that costs players significant amounts of time and resources, at least refund Prem and the major Buffs. Do 'something' to recognise loyalty, instead of taking it for granted...or worse.

Last Easter was a prime example of how to *NOT* support the players. Being unable to login for up to a week during a major Event (because of an ongoing and recognised issue) and then having Support's response be *shrug* "We know it sucks. Too bad. Hope you keep playing!" cost us many players.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    The elephant in the room is still what happens when flash is no longer supported. I'm not happy with game in many ways. Left after Easter event last year because of login problems didn't come back till Halloween. I think the game is unbelievably easy now. But many of us believe we are just being fattened up before the slaughter. In this case "no news is not good news"

World
    Ares
    On a totally different topic, I wish the update itself would be at its usual time. This time around, it's 6 hours earlier. Why? It screws with players' daily island-wide buffings, especially those of us who buff our islands in the evening before bedtime. Plus, we don't find out until the day of the update on what time the update will happen, which is too late for us to adjust our buffings to one that will finish when we'll be online instead of during the downtime. Please fix this for future updates!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidhak View Post
    On a totally different topic, I wish the update itself would be at its usual time. This time around, it's 6 hours earlier. Why? It screws with players' daily island-wide buffings, especially those of us who buff our islands in the evening before bedtime. Plus, we don't find out until the day of the update on what time the update will happen, which is too late for us to adjust our buffings to one that will finish when we'll be online instead of during the downtime. Please fix this for future updates!
    +1 i just turned off all my market stuff early .. just in case..

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    +1 i just turned off all my market stuff early .. just in case..
    I was 5 minutes late to activate my xmas market stuff......... R.I.P. a ton of saltpeter and other things

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellvena View Post
    I was 5 minutes late to activate my xmas market stuff......... R.I.P. a ton of saltpeter and other things
    Ditto. Came to make sure the CMarket would be buffed overnight, and nope can't login.

I guess the upside it isn't as bad as not being able to login for over a week last Easter and getting, "Yeah we know. That's too bad. Hope you keep playing!" from Support. :/

World
    Ares
    Thanks for the too-short notice on the early game take down. If it's not a real emergency hot-fix, you should give at least 24 hours notice.

World
    Zeus
    I think you would get more purchasers of gems if you have a gem sale "after" an upgrade of this type with the new bundles added. Just a passing thought.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    In both of the new limited offer bundles, it shows as Premium Friend Buff, when in fact the correct term is now Prestigious Friend Buff.

Reply to Thread