Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Blog Valentine's Event 2020

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Qiana View Post
    To be honest, I dislike the reduction of flowers off of explorer searches mainly because the reduction of flowers anywhere is not good for us. Where do you plan on increasing the "getting" of flowers to make up for this reduction? Is there some other mechanism that you are adding other than the buff increase? Will the flower bed output be increased, or is that decreasing too?
    Also decreasing, which is why this explanation doesn't cut it because they're axing one method but not replacing it with another, while increasing prices of existing loot and total amount of available potential requirements by 104k (half of that is the typical population building filler, and a quarter is building upgrades like the Christmas market/bakery). The production time has been increased from 20 minutes to 35 minutes. It was originally 45 minutes and with a 100% buff, so at least some progress has been made. Not that there isn't some good stuff on offer. You just have to figure out how the heck to get any of it.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Feedback...? On what? That has to be the second least informative/useful post since the form letter I got from Support that basically said, "Yes we know there are issues. Too bad. Hope you keep playing!".

The people 'working' on the game are so far out of touch with the people playing it it's a wonder they even bother pretending anymore. Running around in God Mode is not playing. Dealing with the limitations of running missions that require other players and building an island with the same resources as everyone else is playing.

What is becoming more and more clear is that BB is far more interested in getting us to spend money on Gems than building a game that keeps players.

Requiring partners to play co-op missions crammed into such a short timeframe around work and school when many of us aren't playing the same missions because of levels is idiotic. Making it a requirement of the Event will cause either people to skip the event...or sometimes leave TSO altogether.

Last Easter should have been warning enough of that. We lost dozens of players and only a few came back.

Christmas was an example of how 'all' events should be run, not a 'gift' that BB gives us out of the goodness of their hearts. At L65 I could get most of what I wanted, but not all. I could help lower level Guiders, and generally everyone did okay, but no one got 'everything' without spending a few Gems. That's how a balanced Event should be.

Now you're saying the rest of the Events will be grinds so we 'appreciate' the 'gifts' come Christmas? O.o

I foresee a continued drop off in the number of active players over the course of 2020.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    The inaccessibility of teammates to work with. Some day's it is just straight up impossible to run tow whirlwind in day. Nobody is in trade chat. Nobody is anywhere. Gone.
    I have witnessed hours of total chat blackout, many times over.

September was not that long ago. And what was our biggest complaint?
    Holy crap, where are the active low levels?
    It's one thing if you want me to log 6 hours a day. Heck I have no life, take it. But if I have to WAIT to progress because of others activity, now you are just throwing a wrench in the system.
    I cannot control the presence or absence of team mates. That is just luck, not skill. If you want to challenge my skill, let's do this.

I do not think there is valid reason to complain about the turned down scout rewards. You have more scouts now right? So you have more loot rolls, equals out. You will get about the same as before, potentially even more due to bewitching skill. You have scouts that return with X3 loot X4 loot!
    Back in my day. I walked to school in ten feet of snow, uphill both ways. And all I had were savage scouts, and lucky scouts.

The reality is, cranking up difficulty is necessary. And I do appreciate keeping a unique feel to events.
    There is a need for what I think BB is doing with "less is more". Recognizing a need to reward players who commit less time by cranking up rewards for completing a challenge or quest. Great!
    Looking at christmas, you are not missing out on rewards by to committing time to adventures. You have to struggle in TO with the rest of us.
    The reward for those who can put in more, comes in the form of a generous XP boost and a nice bump to levels.
    Let's not lose that.
    Yes, give us more for less time. Cool. But do not neglect those who can and will put in more.

World
    Ares
    Apparently BB doesn't read feedback much or they would know that refills have practically killed the events. I haven't really enjoyed any event except Christmas for the last 2 years. And having success depend on hours of play and coordinating it with others may work well for those without families, jobs or real life, but there are many for whom this does not work. CoOp advs? Ugh. Sorry, not looking forward to this event at all.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I don't mind the refills. Something different. Now with PFB and love tree, I think they could work out quite well. Granted, they could just give straight up resources and more people would probably prefer that.

I have no interest in CoOp or loot spots, but there are plenty of muti-player adventures that can be run solo. As long as I have that option, I'm good, but it's nice for those also who wish to run in groups.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I'm disappointed to read that I will be getting less from my returning treasure seekers, and especially disheartened I have to seek out buffers from the trade tab, as well as constantly go on co-ops. I have just lowered my expectations for rewards. The exchange of buffs is an anxious/not fun aspect. That would be my least favorite aspect.

One thing I do wish to plea for--two years ago there was a heart buff, then last year it was made exorbitantly expensive. I would like to see it easier/much less expensive to attain the hearts for buff effects--called Celebration of Love (versus fireworks or the default light sparkle flumes). Thank you for listening.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Additional data - A thought experiment using actual numbers:

Valentine Event 2019 - one round of medium searches by my 36 scouts. Keeping it simple they all find the minimum of 3 Flowers = 126 Flowers. I had 1 Candid & 3 Courageous in the 2019 mix which means 6 extra slots for a total of 42 x 3 = 126 Flowers.

Valentine Event 2020 - one round of medium searches by my 52 scouts. Keeping it simple they all find the minimum of 2 Flowers = 190 Flowers. How? Lovely and Bewitching always find the highest, which is 8 slots x 4 = 32 Flowers. 4 Emphatics = 12 slots x 2 = 24, 2 Humble = 12 slots x 2 = 24, 3 Candids = 12 slots x 2 = 24. Plus all the single slot explorers = 190.

With the addition of 14 scouts I earned during events this past year + 2 from small bundles bought for gems, even with the lower drop rate of Flowers in Medium searches, I will get a lot more flowers from one round of Medium searches than I did last year.

Using the same criteria as the above example for Long Searches: 2019 would have net 210. 2020 will net 304 even with the lower drop rates.

What about Very Long? 2019 would have net 420. 2020 will net 483.

Your math is wrong, the minimum now is 1 flower for short search, so 95 for all, etc. With more explorers you will get at least 30% less.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ebybaby View Post
    Your math is wrong, the minimum now is 1 flower for short search, so 95 for all, etc. With more explorers you will get at least 30% less.
    Since I didn't post any math regarding short searches, how exactly can my math regarding short searches be wrong??

But while we're talking about math and whether or not we'll be getting less, more or about the same amount of flowers from searches…..

Let's go one bit further than my previous post and factor in the low and high returns for medium, long and very long searches. Also, let's assume that all scouts have 3 tomes in Sturdy Shovel, giving them one extra flower on high returns. Let's use the Eurowiki split of 70% low – 30% high on search results.

2019 Med Search = 36 Explorers with 42 slots. 42 x 30% = 12.6, round up to 13. 13 x 7 = 91. 13 from 42 leaves 29 x 3 = 87. 91 + 87 = 178.

2020 Med Search = 52 Explorers with 87 slots. 87 x 30% = 26.1, round down to 26. 26 x 4 = 104. 26 from 87 = 61 x 2 = 122. 122 + 104 = 226.

2019 Long Search = 36 Explorers with 42 slots. 42 x 30% = 12.6, round up to 13. 13 x 11 = 143. 13 from 42 leaves 29 x 5 = 145. 143 + 145 = 288.

2020 Long Search = 50 Explorers with 75 slots. 2 Humbles will continue medium searches and continue to have 12 slots. 75 x 30% = 22.5, round up to 23. 23 x 7 = 161. 23 from 75 = 52 x 3 = 156. 161 + 156 = 317.

Humbles = 12 X 30% = 3.6 round down to 3. 3 x 4 = 12. 3 from 12 = 9 x 2 = 18. 18 + 12 + 317 = 347.

2019 Very Long Search = 36 Explorers with 42 slots. 42 x 30% = 12.6, round up to 13. 13 x 17 = 221. 13 from 42 leaves 29 x 11 = 319. 221 + 319 = 540.

2020 Very Long Search = 50 Explorers with 75 slots. 2 Humbles will continue medium searches and continue to have 12 slots. 75 x 30% = 22.5, round up to 23. 23 x 11 = 253. 23 from 75 = 52 x 5 = 260. 253 + 260 = 513.

Humbles = 12 X 30% = 3.6 round down to 3. 3 x 4 = 12. 3 from 12 = 9 x 2 = 18. 18 + 12 + 513 = 543.

Isn't math fun? Looking at the trend Prolonged Searches will bring in less this year, even with more Explorers. How many people do Prolonged Searches during an event? I don't know.

And no, I don't do Short Searches. If you want to insist my math is wrong because I don't do Short Searches, knock yourself out.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Ares
    The new content looks amazing, and somehow I like the rationale. It increases the need to cooperate and we are forced to make decisions to organize our island.

With explorers, it's easy but in the end, it's only about clicking and we are not doing anything.

I agree that cooperation should play a bigger part in the game. That's what makes MMO games fun. The problem is that the Coop mechanics is a disaster (and not talking about PvP, LOL). Maybe in the future we could have adventures for which the loot is proportional to XP's or completion time, or multiplayers epic campaigns requiring tens of thousands of troops.

I think the refill mechanics is fine, but the problem is that we are limited to 3 farms. If a player wants to grind in order to refill more farms, why is it a problem? At some point there will be a natural limit (only 24 hours in a day) and the extra farms will simply run out. And because refills are tradable, individual trade and loot spot market sounds better that the cooperation route.
    Whence comest thou?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    If teamwork is key, then perhaps BB can team up with the players and offer a 3x gem sale.

Reply to Thread