Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Blog Valentine's Event 2020

Community Manager
    World
    Ares

[Feedback] Dev Blog Valentine's Event 2020

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the [Dev Blog] Valentine's Event 2020 below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Malkun
    Last edited by BB_Malkun; 01-30-20 at 04:43 am.
    [center]Community Manager[/center]

[center][URL="http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/forums/179"]Codes of conduct[/URL] | [URL="http://www.thesettlersonline.net/en/help-and-support"]Help/Support[/URL] | [URL="https://www.facebook.com/CastleEmpireOnline/"]Facebook[/URL] | [URL="https://twitter.com/CastleEmpire"]Twitter[/URL] | [URL="http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/forums/158-News-amp-Announcements"]News & Announcements[/URL] |
    [URL="http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/forums/147-Community-events"]Events[/URL] | [URL="http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/forums/188-Dev-s-Diary"]Dev.Diary[/URL] | [URL="http://www.tsotesting.com/en/homepage"]Test Server[/URL] | [URL="http://www.thesettlersonline.net/en/homepage"]Mainpage[/URL][/center]

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Where are the details? how can we give feedback when only mention slightly - 2 buildings ??

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Where is the details to give feedback on?

I can only give this feedback.

changing the explorer return for event resource for long search please do not! long, very long and Prolong are often used by players.

You already have the multi player restriction to obtain event resource please do not "nurf" the explorer for longer like prolong search.
    Not everyone in this game is 24/7 this does drastically reduce the amount of event resource players can obtain.

You do not provide much on the actually even but the change to the event from previous event and I do not like the idea that you are removing the ratio for longer search this make no sense.
    Just remove all the treasure search for a chance at event resource if this is the idea that treasure search is not "into this vision" don't base your vision on that all your players base is players that play 24/7 you have the 2-3 times or 2 times a day type players nuking the return for explorer is a nice vision but your going to lose players if the fact that your event will be based on only the end reward is for the players that can game 24/7.

The chocolatier building is nice... I did get the information on testing.

World
    Zeus
    Having been around since Easter Event of 2012 I can remember when we had a choice of 1 Veteran, 1 Experienced Explorer, 3 Water Mills and a variety of buffs. That was it, that was pretty much the entire event. I also remember when Explorers had a 55% chance to come home with 0 eggs (or other event currency). 55% chance of zero after waiting for hours!!!

It's been interesting to observe the changes over time and the overall improvements that have been implimented. I accept what BB is doing by expanding (almost) exponentially the number and variety of things we can purchase with event currency. It makes sense that we're not going to be able to get every single thing on offer during any given event given the recent explosions of choices. I make a list, prioritize it, and am generally happily surpised to find that I can get everything I really want, with enough leftover for trades and for contributions to our guild basket for helping other members.

At first I was pretty distressed at the reduction in flowers brought home by searches this event. Then I did a little thinking. Since the last Valentine Event I have gotten, with event currency, from event quests (or with BB dropping them as an apology) the following Explorers:

2 Lovely, 1 Princess Zoe, 1 Courageous, 4 Emphatic, 3 Bewitching, 2 Humble, 1 Candid + from 2 packages 1 Courageous, 1 Candid.

I skipped getting 1 Lucky, 2 Adventurous and 1 Intrepid from events and that is still a total of 16 more explorers than last year. Not only is it 16 more Explorers, many of them have multiple loot slots so it's a gain of 45 loot slots. I don't think the reduction is going to be as bad as people think it is, but I will reserve final judgement until after the event.

Obviously what we do need is a Master Explorer, similar to a general, where we can assign 9 or 12 explorers semi-permanently. When we send the Master Exlorer on a search using the mechanism we normally would, all the ones in his “army” are launched and come back as they normally would after their normal search time while still remaining assigned to the Master Explorer.

Have fun storming the castle!
    Perwyn

Additional data - A thought experiment using actual numbers:

Valentine Event 2019 - one round of medium searches by my 36 scouts. Keeping it simple they all find the minimum of 3 Flowers = 126 Flowers. I had 1 Candid & 3 Courageous in the 2019 mix which means 6 extra slots for a total of 42 x 3 = 126 Flowers.

Valentine Event 2020 - one round of medium searches by my 52 scouts. Keeping it simple they all find the minimum of 2 Flowers = 190 Flowers. How? Lovely and Bewitching always find the highest, which is 8 slots x 4 = 32 Flowers. 4 Emphatics = 12 slots x 2 = 24, 2 Humble = 12 slots x 2 = 24, 3 Candids = 12 slots x 2 = 24. Plus all the single slot explorers = 190.

With the addition of 14 scouts I earned during events this past year + 2 from small bundles bought for gems, even with the lower drop rate of Flowers in Medium searches, I will get a lot more flowers from one round of Medium searches than I did last year.

Using the same criteria as the above example for Long Searches: 2019 would have net 210. 2020 will net 304 even with the lower drop rates.

What about Very Long? 2019 would have net 420. 2020 will net 483.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Last year I skipped playing this event because the 'challenge' was to find other people available to do content with. Challenge is fine if the challenge comes from game design itself. We have 100 people in our guild. About 50 people are inactive. That leaves 50 active people to do content with - cut that in half since about half of the players are European playing on US servers. Then out of that 25 remaining you have people from levels 30 to 75. So to get 4 other people to chain run a coop adventure when you want to run it, is more of a nuisance than a 'challenge'.

I really hate the buffing others in this game taking such an importance as well. It would be fine if we didn't have so much lag, but when it is hard to even buff yourself at times, visiting others to buff them becomes a real pita. Are the servers all still based in Europe and that is what causes the amount of lag ?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I was going to leave feedback for the event, but then I realized this was the dev blog, not the dev diary.

I did feel Christmas was a nice and easy event, and I like the change of pace from the ridiculous grind most events have become lately.

The reduced explorer loot is a slap in the face. Hopefully it is not a trend to be seen in future events because we have a ridiculous amount of explorers (and clicking clicking clicking) after a year focused on releasing multiple explorers every month for growing event resource and gem costs.

That said, how's teamwork going to help me make up for the decrease in explorer searches? Without some sort of multi-person explorer search, I'm relying on farms, which have had their output cut by an almost identical 43% as explorers (the +200% buff is nice, though). Granted, it will take a lot of adventuring to fill up 35 minute farms let alone 20 minute farms, but there are plenty of people willing to do the work and thus increase overall market supply.

The event resource costs this year are 7 times higher than last (9 counting building upgrades). Even doubling what I did last year would barely make a dent.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I always play solo, so I basically will barely do this event like last year. I do like the calendar though.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I agree with the other comments.. essentially its a co-operative event... however, while i'm in a guild, i now solo buff, i Mostly solo adv.. as timing doesnt work when i'm avail vs others in the guild. I also work (i know bb thinks we are all retired or something).. so i use the long and prolonged searches.. i cant be here every 2-3 hrs to resend explorers.. those things alone make me fail at events like this that 'force socialization'. I didn't like it in school for valentines day.. and certainly don't like it when a game insists on it.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    To be honest, I dislike the reduction of flowers off of explorer searches mainly because the reduction of flowers anywhere is not good for us. Where do you plan on increasing the "getting" of flowers to make up for this reduction? Is there some other mechanism that you are adding other than the buff increase? Will the flower bed output be increased, or is that decreasing too? You said that the Christmas Event is not intended for grinding out adventures. However, this last one a lot of players were grinding out adventures for the 3x XP. You are implying that we are grinding out adventures for Valentines for flowers but we really aren't. We are grinding out adventures for refills for the flowerbeds, not flowers. There is a finite amount of flowers that can be produced by the beds so basically you are only allowing us a certain amount of flowers. The only option would be for us to gem them or maybe find some in Trade. Since this is a blog post and is just an explanation of your ideas, it would be nice to actually have concrete details regarding the event. Not sure feedback on this is really necessary, but here is my blog response.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    I agree with the other comments.. essentially its a co-operative event... however, while i'm in a guild, i now solo buff, i Mostly solo adv.. as timing doesnt work when i'm avail vs others in the guild. I also work (i know bb thinks we are all retired or something).. so i use the long and prolonged searches.. i cant be here every 2-3 hrs to resend explorers.. those things alone make me fail at events like this that 'force socialization'. I didn't like it in school for valentines day.. and certainly don't like it when a game insists on it.
    100% agree with this. My work schedule is anything but stable and we have 3 active players in my guild. I would be surprised if I could manage to get one or two explorers from this event.

Reply to Thread