Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine 2020 Event

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by I-See-Dead-ppl View Post
    I cannot say anything good about settlers online right now. Loading page is stuck. I have not started the event. please help
    I sent in a Ticket. I expect the same answers. At least I tried. Hope to see everyone on tso when I wake up. G'nite

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post
    Shades of last Easter when we couldn't get on for a week and BB's response was "Yes we know, that's too bad, hope you keep playing!". :/
    Was it Easter or this same event last year. I know I barely played this event and got almost none of the rewards so I think that log in problem was already started this time last year. I remember thinking all this visiting other people's islands and all these coops were causing server issues. This game is laggy at the best of times, I don't think it can handle that extra.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    So i had cards on my farms - making them output 8 per cycle. Like last year - i had a friend drop a love crazed. As it states it will double all single production buffs...

but nope
    it did absolutely nothing to my farms;

https://ibb.co/n7KPfZj

btw i have pfb ... so i went to friaries they were 145k / 12hrs buffed b4 the love crazed. THEN after while they each show higher multiples - the output remains. 145/12 hrs

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    Was it Easter or this same event last year. I know I barely played this event and got almost none of the rewards so I think that log in problem was already started this time last year. I remember thinking all this visiting other people's islands and all these coops were causing server issues. This game is laggy at the best of times, I don't think it can handle that extra.
    The login problems started well before, but they reached a peak at Easter, with many people being unable to login for days on end, and some people being effected for weeks and a few for months. It was the biggest loss of players we've seen in recent years, both because people just gave up trying, and also becuase of how dismal Support was during the debacle.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I agree, although today I figured out doing 2nd thief is better than doing coops. Coops should be faster but there is almost always someone who thinks they should go walk the dog during one.
    I've kind of found this too. I found chain-running surprise attack to be fairly efficient. But since the buffs involved to make it remotely worthwhile are so short, I didn't feel like I could risk inviting a second person to share a loot spot.

World
    Zeus
    The Love Crazed Buff says, right in your screen shot even, that "The doubling of buff effects does not stack with other buffs of this kind". While it should probably say "other zone buffs" to make it absolutely, positively, perfectly clear, it's kinda obvious that's what "other buffs of this kind" actually means. Nothing is broken or functioning incorrectly.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I was going to leave positive feedback (or at least soften my criticism), but then came the loading issues. I'll reserve those comments for now, but if the excuse for the changes to the event, which nobody believes, are to encourage cooperation, it would be easier if people weren't making deals to help others out then disappearing for hours because they can't log back in. One lost night is a good chunk of an already abridged event.

World
    Zeus
    In the past, I leave comments based on technical issues. I have not reviewed an event, or at least anytime soon.
    I have been playing events from when I started this game in 2012. Over all TSO has been exciting and the events make me want to play more than usual.
    I felt like previous events were much easier. (I'll explain) This is my personal opinion. (I don't mind any feedback)

In previous Events I felt the time given was more balanced. I didn't feel rushed to collect pumpkins, eggs or presents.
    Whatever was being offered in the store was obtainable. I was able to get everything I wanted during the past two events ( Halloween & Winter event )
    This is the first Valentines event I have taken part in. I expected a longer Event play time. Also I felt that this event didn't have enough rewards or Quests to give the player a greater chance to get Flowers. I have a lot of Explorers and have been extremely active on sending them out to get more flowers. Still I feel that I'm not making good enough progress to get a lot of things from the event store section.

I appreciate the daily windows that give all the active players things. That is one of the more exciting things from the events. When it offers a daily window to open.
    I'm still trying to figure out how get / collect Flowers at a faster rate. I have off work till Tuesday. I will see how many I can get from co-ops.

My want list:

Proof of Love - 16,999 Flowers
    QM Bighearts - 3,599 (3x costs: 10,797 )
    Keener Explorer - 2,899 ( 3x costs: 8,697 )
    Lovely Explorer - 2,099 ( 2x costs: 4,198 )
    Chocolatier - 3,295 (3x costs: 9,885 )
    Scouting Post - 5,499
    Weather control Station - 3,690
    Love Garden - 1,990 (2x costs: 3,980 )

I need just over 63,000 Flowers. Not sure how I can get this in game .....
    Good luck all trying to make this many Flowers before the clock runs out.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Don't forget that chocolatier requires event resources to upgrade (5000), as does the love tree (3000). You probably only need to upgrade one of each, but there is still the initial investment.

Even if you could non-stop adventure all day long, the 35 minute production time on flower farm puts a hard cap on what they can produce. It's not extremely easy to reach and does require a fair amount of effort, but it's quite doable with plenty of time to spare.

I'm thinking 40-50k is reasonably achievable if you have enough explorer searches, which is actually not bad considering what I was expecting. Still, there is massive supply constraint on any potential trading.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    Don't forget that chocolatier requires event resources to upgrade (5000), as does the love tree (3000). You probably only need to upgrade one of each, but there is still the initial investment.

Even if you could non-stop adventure all day long, the 35 minute production time on flower farm puts a hard cap on what they can produce. It's not extremely easy to reach and does require a fair amount of effort, but it's quite doable with plenty of time to spare.

I'm thinking 40-50k is reasonably achievable if you have enough explorer searches, which is actually not bad considering what I was expecting. Still, there is massive supply constraint on any potential trading.

My rough math on the 50+ Explorers I have (most with Skills for speed and bonus treasure), plus Flower Farms running at least Snacks/Snow/etc on PFB (ie 8:1) puts me around 35k-36k max...and that's assuming I keep the Expl out pretty much back to back, and no downtime on the Farms. That doesn't account for the Flowers lost any time I have to buy Depos if my Advs fall behind on my Depo needs. :/

That's about half of what I would prefer to spend.

Reply to Thread