Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine 2020 Event

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    These card buffs are really annoying. Your servers aren't capable of operating without lag and I have had to waste so many because the game won't pick up the first one applied to others. Plus 3 hours is just a terribly short period of time when you have adventures taking 2 hours to do.

Having to keep asking to get these applied just isn't worth the bother and is more annoying that anything.

I actually wonder if the people making these game design decisions play the game much because some of your ideas sound good on paper but they are just so impractical given the realities of low server populations and server issues.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    event is too short for the merchant buys, hard capped by explorers and farms / refills which were knocked to lower results this year but BB doubles the merchant buyouts.
    correct me if im wrong, farms were 20 mins cycles last event, now 35?, VL/PL searches were cut in half?

last year success only came from an extension of a week+? due to extreme latency during the event. last nights latency was horrendous and practically unplayable even with refreshes (some lag other days, but managable). trying to multitask multiple adv, buffs, and sending out 50+ explorers on medium/long is just painful, let alone up to 6x a day on a day off.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    What a total disaster this is as far as the game balance for rewards go. Been playing all week without log in issues (for once), sending out 50 explorers each time I'm on, and so far have enough flowers to buy 1, yes 1!, explorer. There are 5 to buy.

And you BETTER buy all the explorers because you know that the 'new explorer count' is going to go into the future events balancing equations, which are sure to suck more than this event. Good luck keeping up with that.

I'd like to try out a love tree or chocolatier, but I don't want to sacrifice future events for those items, so I guess I'll settle for falling behind the 'max explorer' count by a few and maybe next year they'll figure out how to make their game enjoyable again.

World
    Zeus
    This event is not going the way I thought it would. I was able to take off a week from work. My plan was to run co-ops for 8-10hrs at a time.
    Turned out others could not join or play at the same times. This was a waste of real vacation time. I hoped that playing large blocks would show a serious reward, a larger collection of flowers. Idk why this event is so much harder than previous ones ????

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    It looks like star coins for xp is being shorted during this event for level 80's. Example: I did Split City in Fall four times for comparison, two as player 1 and two as player 2, all four times these were done with the same other player. We compared our generals used and I actually have a couple of Younger Geminis with more Fast Learner skills than the other player. We used the same guides and each have the Prestigious Friend Buff, Premium and Scouting Post on at the time. The results were as follows (xp showing is from 1st loot line only:

First Run: Player 1 (me) 1792 star coins or 1,792,000 xp
    Player 2 1,939,545 xp

2nd Run: Player 1 2,243,418 xp
    Player 2 (me) 1481 star coin or 1,481,000 xp

Star coins have been based in the past at 1 star coin for 1,000 xp (verified by a mod). The difference from each Player 1's loot is 451,418. The difference from each Player 2's loot is 458,545. Again, this is first loot line only, and we both had PFB, premium and scouting post on so the second loot line would be half.

Unless I am overlooking something else that might affect xp it looks like star coins are shorted. I am wondering if the dev's possibly didn't think about some players being level 80 already and so they didn't take this into account or did the star coins to xp ratio change.

I have done five Split City in Fall this event which means that I'm shorted almost 3,400 star coins from just these, not counting all the other adventures and co-ops I have done this event so far.

I am hoping that the BB's/devs can look into this further and compensate if this is indeed the problem to those level 80's playing.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    This event has quickly become my least favourite and one I am least likely to participate in in the future.

An event that is supposed to centre on the ideals of Valentine's Day should be built on the idea of rewarding people for what they give to others, not something that hamfistedly requires people to be on endlessly, clicking away at buttons for little reward against ever increasing costs.

Aside from the debacle that was last Easter, this has got to be the least enjoyable event I have taken part in in years. If BB doesn't fix things quickly, I'm done spending money on TSO.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Olfred View Post
    It looks like star coins for xp is being shorted during this event for level 80's. Example: I did Split City in Fall four times for comparison, two as player 1 and two as player 2, all four times these were done with the same other player. We compared our generals used and I actually have a couple of Younger Geminis with more Fast Learner skills than the other player. We used the same guides and each have the Prestigious Friend Buff, Premium and Scouting Post on at the time. The results were as follows (xp showing is from 1st loot line only:

First Run: Player 1 (me) 1792 star coins or 1,792,000 xp
    Player 2 1,939,545 xp

2nd Run: Player 1 2,243,418 xp
    Player 2 (me) 1481 star coin or 1,481,000 xp

Star coins have been based in the past at 1 star coin for 1,000 xp (verified by a mod). The difference from each Player 1's loot is 451,418. The difference from each Player 2's loot is 458,545. Again, this is first loot line only, and we both had PFB, premium and scouting post on so the second loot line would be half.

Unless I am overlooking something else that might affect xp it looks like star coins are shorted. I am wondering if the dev's possibly didn't think about some players being level 80 already and so they didn't take this into account or did the star coins to xp ratio change.

I have done five Split City in Fall this event which means that I'm shorted almost 3,400 star coins from just these, not counting all the other adventures and co-ops I have done this event so far.

I am hoping that the BB's/devs can look into this further and compensate if this is indeed the problem to those level 80's playing.
    Players 1 & 2 will not earn the same XP in this co-op due to additional XP being awarded to players based on which quests they complete.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Players 1 & 2 will not earn the same XP in this co-op due to additional XP being awarded to players based on which quests they complete.
    I did not say that Players 1 and 2 should earn the same xp. What I did say was that 2 different players being player 1 should get very close to the same xp, and that 2 different players being player 2 should get very close to the same xp when all the other variables are the same.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I am really disappointed in the size of the water mansion. It looks to be such a beautiful building but is too tiny to appreciate it. I would much rather the old floating residences were shrunk by half and buildings like these were double the size.

In fact, if you are trying to save us space how about making some of the duplicate buildings we are having to get to reduce cds smaller. I would love to have another observatory on my island but I hesitate to do so because it takes so much room.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Will we be able to turn in our unused cards to the mayor's house to get back the resources after the event? It wasn't i Dev's Diary this time.

Reply to Thread