Reply to Thread

Thread: Artifact Search Buffs that need to just die a dignified death. . .

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Artifact Search Buffs that need to just die a dignified death. . .

In the early days when all the generals walked as slow as a half-dead butler, and marble was precious, and fish plates and sandwich buffs were the cool ones, and no one knew what cheese sandwiches actually did because their description was simply, "does something when placed on the Mayor's House," those cheese sandwiches were mysterious and were not the complete and utter disappointment served up on a plate by an artifact searching Scout that they are today.

Could we just put them back into that ancient quarters only vending machine in the hospital waiting room and leave them there, along with fish plates? One would be hard pressed to to find many TSO denizens who actually use them and for those who would feel a certain amount of sadness at their demise, why not just put them into *short* searches rather than as a faux jewel discovered during an hours along artifact search? Same with fish plates (which at least are useful for a quickie buff on a near dead mine -- but not as an artifact prize). Artifacts, especially after the cost of booking up a Scout to obtain them, ought to be commensurate with the time and materials invested into searching for them, one would think.

I still mcluv the game after all these years and especially so many of the improvements. Even children, however grow and need new pants after nearly 10 years, so let's donate those cheese sandwiches to a worthy cause -- I'm sure the Mammoths in Farcry would love them, since they are about the same vintage.....

Stale cheese sandwiches are why we have ants.

Yours in keeping the game fresh, so we can have nice things,
    [TC] ShuttlePilot
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 02-25-20 at 03:09 pm.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I find the whole loot table useless, other than rainbow snow, though some of the other items at least have some merit.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    It would be nice to have barazeks and some of the "newer" buffs and guides added and some of the cheese sandwich type buffs removed from the artifact search.

World
    Ares
    +1
    Artifact search and other explorer-found buffs need a serious overhaul.

World
    Zeus
    +1
    I couldn't agree more. Getting a Fish platter or sandwich is a dagger to the heart. When searching for Artifact searches, I hope for Rainbow buffs but it seems they got nerfed a bit. I use to get a lot more per day (before the event) Remove the little useless buffs and place some new, better ones

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    +1
    This thread is long overdue; I whole-heartedly agree with all the above comments ... and "a dagger to the heart" is a superb description.

In addition to tossing the fish platters and sandwiches into the forgotten fires of doom .. please go the extra mile and re-configure loot to be more in keeping with the (much-appreciated) evolved and expanded gameplay that you guys have worked hard to provide for us. Give us a shot at some obsidian horseshoes, for example - either via the Artifact Search or perhaps the Rarity Search. In all, the loot tables definitely need an updated overhaul; and we would truly welcome the change-up.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right -- Henry Ford

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    +1 and while we're at it can we retire sandman buffs?

Reply to Thread