Reply to Thread

Thread: Love tree rip-off, why so tight BB?

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Love tree rip-off, why so tight BB?

Don't make the mistake I did and upgrade more than 1 love tree.

Despite that each tree has to be upgraded individually, (at a cost of 3000 flowers to reach the 3rd level), when one tree is used they ALL go on cooldown, so you can only use 1 tree each 1d 16h if you have 3 of them. The other 2 trees (which are also significant flowers to get in the first place) ONLY help with cooldown.

This is hardly fair, but then, what is? If they're upgraded individually, you'd hope that you could use 3 at one time. Luckily I tested it before doing more upgrades, so I "only" wasted 2000 flowers which I will obviously not get back.

So only upgrade 1, you can move it easy enough to what you want to buff. The nice part is it's a "small" tree and goes more or less anywhere.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Llewelyn1966 View Post

Despite that each tree has to be upgraded individually, (at a cost of 3000 flowers to reach the 3rd level), when one tree is used they ALL go on cooldown, so you can only use 1 tree each 1d 16h if you have 3 of them. The other 2 trees (which are also significant flowers to get in the first place) ONLY help with cooldown.

This is hardly fair, but then, what is? If they're upgraded individually, you'd hope that you could use 3 at one time. Luckily I tested it before doing more upgrades, so I "only" wasted 2000 flowers which I will obviously not get back.

So only upgrade 1, you can move it easy enough to what you want to buff. The nice part is it's a "small" tree and goes more or less anywhere.

Lmao anyone with common sense knows all these type of buildings work the same way just like the xmas market

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Standard practice for this type of building. Multiple buildings only reduces the cooldown for all. Each does not have its own cooldown with a global reduction for each one. The only one worth upgrading multiple of is the Christmas market because the cooldown is reasonable enough that you can fit multiple uses within the 12 hour buff time. At 40 hours, you are probably not going to find a use for more than one love tree, aside from cooldown reduction.

Same with the chocolatier. There's no reason to upgrade more than one. In fact, why is there even an option to waste the resources doing this? You couldn't use more than one of them if you wanted to because they share the same production queue.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Thumbs up Devs, agree with OP, this needs fixed on "cool down" multiples If number X then Y

Nice of you to post this for players who are not aware. That is a lot of event currency to spend on a mistake, and this late in the event you likely won't get them back even if turning a ticket in to the devs.

It is a real flaw in the multiple "cool down only" buildings where you cannot run more than 1 active at any given time, and agree that any purchase after the 1st should have the upgrade feature greyed out to prevent this very thing. Having it open is misleading and encourages exactly this type of issue. Sorry to hear you lost your fleurs, and again it was nice of you to post to warn other unaware players. It's always great to see helpful players.

[TC] Shuttlepilot
    Guild Leader - The Creators
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 02-29-20 at 11:43 am.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Sorry you had to experience this the hard way. Another detail that might easily be overlooked is that if you tear the building down, you will lose any levels you had added to it.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
    Nice of you to post this for players who are not aware. That is a lot of event currency to spend on a mistake, and this late in the event you likely won't get them back even if turning a ticket in to the devs.

It is a real flaw in the multiple "cool down only" buildings where you cannot run more than 1 active at any given time, and agree that any purchase after the 1st should have the upgrade feature greyed out to prevent this very thing. Having it open is misleading and encourages exactly this type of issue. Sorry to hear you lost your fleurs, and again it was nice of you to post to warn other unaware players. It's always great to see helpful players.

[TC] Shuttlepilot
    Guild Leader - The Creators
    Sorry but this is a six of one, half dozen of the other type situation. You will have player like now asking for them to be greyed out, but if they change it you will have players asking to upgrade them as they will be putting their other trees in locations where they can buff other buildings as needed.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I definitely wouldn't want this greyed out, though I don't have any plans for more than one currently. I didn't have any plans for three Christmas markets either, until I did. Something like the chocolatier, yes, that one is silly.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Sorry but this is a six of one, half dozen of the other type situation. You will have player like now asking for them to be greyed out, but if they change it you will have players asking to upgrade them as they will be putting their other trees in locations where they can buff other buildings as needed.
    I addressed that point. You can move the trees easily to buff different buildings. Since you can only apply the tree buff once and then cooldown for all trees, the only saving you'd make by spending an extra 6K flowers to upgrade all 3 trees, is not having to move it to where you want to use it this next time, which is pretty poor value IMHO.

The other way to fix it of course is for each tree (and other similar constructs) to have it's own cooldown period. That would be much fairer, for what is, after you upgraded it, quite an expensive item. Then you would be able to use the effect 3 times in total before they were all on cooldown. The reduced cooldown for owning more than 1 can remain and wouldn't need altering.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I addressed that point. You can move the trees easily to buff different buildings. Since you can only apply the tree buff once and then cooldown for all trees, the only saving you'd make by spending an extra 6K flowers to upgrade all 3 trees, is not having to move it to where you want to use it this next time, which is pretty poor value IMHO.

The other way to fix it of course is for each tree (and other similar constructs) to have it's own cooldown period. That would be much fairer, for what is, after you upgraded it, quite an expensive item. Then you would be able to use the effect 3 times in total before they were all on cooldown. The reduced cooldown for owning more than 1 can remain and wouldn't need altering.
    So your saying those who are willing to pay the one off cost of putting trees where they are wanted are better off having a constant drain on their resources, possibly making quest more expensive to complete.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I wouldn't want to have to constantly move buildings around and pay resources to do it, even if it is only marble and hardwood planks.

The other choice swings way too far the other way. If it's a separate 5 day cooldown for each, I guess that could work. Don't think it's an improvement. Presumably the proposal is a global cooldown for each building placed, and the ability to use each building independently as well, so that you could run one every 13 hours. That is so overpowered. I probably got about 4k flowers from the love tree during just this event, so you could pretty much have already made up the upgrade cost if that were the case. Come next year, you would be able to run love tree almost always on, resulting in gains of 35k flowers and the same for Halloween, not to mention the non-event applications of the already very generous buff. As they would realize this, the response would then be to jack up prices, thus putting things even more out of reach for lower level players.

Although I don't care for either of these solutions, nor the idea of upgrading multiple buildings at all (yet), the real problem here is the game design choice of using event resources for upgrades. It's annoying, but will probably continue.

Reply to Thread