Reply to Thread

Thread: Love tree coverage.

Settler
    World
    Ares

Love tree coverage.

seems the layout for love tree is inconsistent with the way they show coverage of the Christmas market. for the market they show 11x11 for coverage and when ou click it to show what it will hit, it is 11 small squares by 11 small squares. But the tree show 9x9 and it shows 18 small squares across. for one thing that is really fantastic. but i would like to figure out if it is a glitch before i redo my layouts.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by focusdonhim View Post
    seems the layout for love tree is inconsistent with the way they show coverage of the Christmas market. for the market they show 11x11 for coverage and when ou click it to show what it will hit, it is 11 small squares by 11 small squares. But the tree show 9x9 and it shows 18 small squares across. for one thing that is really fantastic. but i would like to figure out if it is a glitch before i redo my layouts.
    I wish you hadn't asked. I didn't notice it wasn't supposed to be like that and have moved my buildings already.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I don't get what the colors are supposed to mean, but it hits everything within the radius. You can fit many more buildings than the Christmas market. Not sure there are any more optimal locations than the best market locations, but I have several extra buildings in range pretty much because they just so happened to be there. Probably could fit about a dozen extra. A lot more if not for all the water.

I don't think I care to move everything around with a 40 hour cooldown (would need 5 of them to feel this is a complete market replacement) and already three level 4 markets, but this looks pretty nice from the .com forums https://prnt.sc/rap4va . Looks like pretty minimal movement, although I remember when I set up the market I had to test it out with a bunch of pine cutters to make sure everything wasn't one square off or something annoying, which it was.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    You can fit many more buildings than the Christmas market. Not sure there are any more optimal locations than the best market locations
    This is the problem I believe. Says 9x9 which is smaller area than Christmas market which is 11x11. Actually makes sense it shouldn't be covering that large of an area really but I sort of wish I had thought a bit more before I started moving buildings now.

World
    Zeus
    Yeps, it's inconsistent with every other grid buff building to date. Instead of the description reading 9x9 it should read 18x18.

I stuck mine next to my Christmas Market and will use it once every 2 days for a little boost. I wasn't even going to get the silly trees, then changed my mind. Glad I did, even if it's only for the 22 crystal shards instead of 8 one time every other day.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I stuck mine next to my Christmas Market and will use it once every 2 days for a little boost.
    Same. I did the same math as I did when deciding whether to upgrade additional Christmas markets (that had the added benefit of almost no more single buffs). Level 3 love tree every other day plus level 4 Christmas market every 12 hours is 11% better than just the market, also saving 250 gold and 250 exotic planks per day, assuming you don't use the extra cycle for something else. You could drop some buildings in the surrounding area for good measure (for now, I moved my advanced papermill and ornamentalsmith, which are usually stopped otherwise). Then I realized I have bookbinder tributes in the buff radius as well. Arguably an even bigger win than shards if you still haven't cracked the manuscript code despite RPH/spring park/PFB/tributes. Didn't even have to move anything, but you can for more optimal results. Just squeezed the tree in there because it fits almost anywhere.

Reply to Thread