Thread: [FAQ] Ubisoft Login Guide

Community Manager
    World
    Ares

[FAQ] Ubisoft Login Guide

Dear Settlers,

Most of the The Settlers Online websites use Ubisoft accounts (formerly known as Uplay) for a very long time already. And now, step by step, we are introducing Ubisoft accounts on all The Settlers Online instances, as well as updating the existing implementation to the most recent version. In this thread, you can find answers to some questions that you might have.

One of the benefits of using a Ubisoft account on The Settlers Online is that you can use the same credentials on multiple sites, for example, the main The Settlers Online page where you have your main account, The Settlers Online test server, and a lot of different platforms from Ubisoft.

1. What are the benefits of using a Ubisoft account?
      Your Ubisoft account offers you a way to authenticate yourself across multiple Ubisoft titles, websites and platforms. It also improves the security of your profiles in a significant way. For example, you can add a security phone number for potential account recovery, manage trusted devices that can authenticate to your Ubisoft account, or even see your login history!

2. What changes should I expect after the most recent Ubisoft account integration gets activated?
      In order to play The Settlers Online, everybody needs to authenticate (i.e. login) first. And while there are different ways to get authenticated, our recommended way is Ubisoft account. If you already use a Ubisoft account for authentication on The Settlers Online, not much will change for you - you can continue to use the same account to play the game.

3. How can I register a Ubisoft account?
      You can register a Ubisoft account on The Settlers Online page, or directly here.

4. How do I authenticate to my Ubisoft account?
      In comparison to Legacy accounts, in order to authenticate to your Ubisoft account, you need to use the e-mail address that is used on your Ubisoft account, as well as your Ubisoft account password.

5. Is the introduction of Ubisoft accounts going to affect the business model of the game?
      The Settlers Online will continue to operate as a free to play title. The introduction of Ubisoft accounts (as well as the implementation update) can be seen as a long-term strategy of us striving to offer the best quality service to all players.

6. Does the US instance of The Settlers Online already have the newest Ubisoft account integration?
      Yes, you can enjoy the benefits of using the Ubisoft account already.

Happy Settling,
    BB_Malkun
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 06-19-20 at 04:39 am.