Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cloke gen

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    He ALSO has 25% hp reduction on enemy defense units; there may be something useful there on some of the bigger advs with heavy-health defense units.

And yes, he doesn't flank like an MMA, but he does do some damage.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    fast to a map is great for tagging. and also has fast recovery which is good for sacs. but, on balance, dont thnk this is a particularly good gen. reminds me of the mod that has only limited applications.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I like this general. I'm way too lazy to find optimum use for him, but adding Overrun to him cuts Bosses HP in half! ... and they have that reduced damage. It won't replace Older Geminis, but it is a definite should-bring for large maps.

attsettlers
    Since we are currently in a non-scheduled maintenance window, I thought i would put my thoughts on the flack that Cloak Gen has been getting..

Booked, halves the HP of bosses, and takes their attack down by 25%.

Uses? Absolutely, though not as numerous as other gens.

First specialty i discovered was against a leader in Oil Lamp - L11 on EJ, camp 42 on most wiki guides. (not quick loot)
    cloaked, 71ms 109mm 35b -- only 70 ms loss, better than the 103-107 from OGG, special vet, etc.
    (cloaked with master planner)

He can then be used in the towers/final leader in place of OGG/MG for similar or lower losses due to massively lowered HP and lowered damage.

Next i found, foot of the mountain, enormous ibex leaders. (not quick loot)
    Normal guides: MMA 235 Knight sac, followed by vargas 68ms 127b for 235k 68ms loss.

Instead... a few options come to mind.
    1 - Steadfast 125k followed by Cloak with 215k, total 167k loss. (master planner cloak)
    or, if you didn't get steadfast because you felt similarly to her as you did cloaked,
    2 - 1 up Cloaked: 215k, followed by Master Planner cloaked with 82k 133b, total 300 knight loss
    lastly, if you don't need boris for the rest of it or want to come back to this one after the finals
    3 - Boris with 170k followed by MP Cloaked 215k (212k total loss)

I hope the horizons are broadened. These are just my first glances at him in the past few days since i picked up two.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    The 25% health reduction on bosses is big, but the 25% health reduction on defensive troops is where he's going to shine - those 500 health guys that there always seem to be hundreds of.

World
    Zeus
    With the Mad Scientist I was firmly in the "he can be useful camp" and even had examples of a few camps where he would save me a good handfull of Mounted Swordsmen, like I see in this thread. Problem is the 2 or 3 examples I found were the only ones out of all the adventures I run.

I strongly suspect this Cloaked General will be exactly the same. If it's Tuesday, I'm wearling my "lucky socks" and I happen to be running the last adventure in the MCC chain I can save 50 to 70 MS...

Now the Steadfast General..... She rocks hard!! She is an excellent attack general in most Ali adventures and was worth taking the time to resim and redo all of my own guides. This guy?? Nah, already did that with Mad Scientist, who looked really good, till I actually tried to use him.

Not saying nobody should get him, just that I'm not gonna cause of a been there done that, deja vu all over again, intuitive feeling I have.

Also should note, and this is a big consideration for me as well: I use Mary to farm Star Coins on a lot of leader camps (think Steersman with 8500XP) and so don't want a replacement for her that I'd never use. I'd rather have the star coins than save a few troops.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I use Mary to farm Star Coins on a lot of leader camps (think Steersman with 8500XP)
    Want to clarify this. Does mary assume a sac role and you run a bunch of recruits or bowman to get the extra star coins.

Was contemplating that

Settler
    World
    Ares
    i guess i answer my own question. since mary has increase xp, the star coin skill earns twice as much, so you use mary to defeat a soft camp that she can handle. is that right.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by focusdonhim View Post
    i guess i answer my own question. since mary has increase xp, the star coin skill earns twice as much, so you use mary to defeat a soft camp that she can handle. is that right.
    Yes, some camps can be defeated with no losses (sometimes you have to send MMA sacs first or something). Some can be done with Mary's 215 troops, whereas sometimes you need 265 or 285. Mary is better because she gets the XP boost, plus I use her to farm star coins and recruit mercenaries.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by focusdonhim View Post
    Want to clarify this. Does mary assume a sac role and you run a bunch of recruits or bowman to get the extra star coins.

Was contemplating that
    Starcoin Mary is a main attacker.

She can be used to kill quite a few leader camps on most 1001 adventures. While you lose generally about twice the troops that a Major would, you get starcoins and double exp. So she is 10 times more useful then this sad cloak sac'er.

The cloak general should be 'cloaked' and be able to avoid intercepts from all defending camps. Then he would be useful...!

Reply to Thread