Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Easter 2020 Event

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I used MoD for a while on certain blocks. Now they're just sitting in my star. Might as well just use tavern. Maybe Steadfast for some camps if not booked as an attacker.

World
    Ares
    +1 to allowing players to obtain a second Boris. This limitation just seems artificial - unless Boris will be offered for Gems at a later time, as it would then totally make sense.

The Gold-Hearted Geologists that I previously obtained were fully-booked, and have since had books disappear from their Skill Tree. Since I have no idea if this problem has been fixed or not (I *did* report it via a ticket, and have heard that others have experienced the same phenomenon), I'm not sure that I need to buy any more of those.

Other stuff just seems pretty standard. A rather lackluster Event, this one seems to be. -EG

World
    Zeus
    Was really excited about the possibility of getting a second Boris general for Easter Event this year... Pretty lame to not offer that BB...!

Apparently BB does not want players to buy gems and spend them on something really useful that helps them advance in the game or what...?

40 minutes, 32 seconds for 1 Titanium ore from 50 Fish and 20 Oil Seed for only 3,995 Eggs...! Are you kidding me?

It should be named the Titanium Turkey! With no description in the Merchant that any Resources are required let alone requiring the sacrifice of 50 Fish and 20 Oil Seed to produce that one Titanium ore...

Currently: Oil Seed = 10 Gold Coin each on the Trade Office (200 Gold Coin) + Fish = 0.02 Gold Coin each on Trade Office (1 Gold Coin) = a total of 201 Gold to produce 1 Titanium ore that costs 3 Gold Coin on the Trade Office.

Wow! We'll want to Rainbow Snow buff all three of those Titanium Turkeys...! :P

BB should either:

1) Modify this building into something that is actually worth almost 4,000 Eggs and produces something of significant Value; or

2) Make it into a Decoration with something worthwhile like 3,995 Population for example; and/or

3) Refund our Eggs or the equivalent value of 6,069.33 Gems each (that's 11,985 Eggs or about 18,208 Gems for all three buildings) for anyone that bought any of these nondescript sham Titanium Turkeys.

April 21, 2020 UPDATE: I have decided to turn a single Titanium Hen into my own "Tribute to BB" located right next to my Fairy Tale Castle as the amazing: eternal 'Sleeping Titanium Turkey' which will never produce any Titanium ore as presently configured...!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensign_Garak View Post

The Gold-Hearted Geologists that I previously obtained were fully-booked, and have since had books disappear from their Skill Tree. Since I have no idea if this problem has been fixed or not (I *did* report it via a ticket, and have heard that others have experienced the same phenomenon), I'm not sure that I need to buy any more of those.

-EG
    yup my geo lost her books as did several other guildies. i had no screenshots to "prove" it to ticket. it seems now a days you have screenshot the life outta the game to prove when something messes up. so i will not be buying another gold geo and wasting my books or time on her.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Furthermore - the 1st event since i started playing .... nearly 8 years ago... that there is not a mma or 2 offered... i was counting on these as Mtn Clan (if its every fixed) requires ridiculous amounts of mma sac's... super disappointed.

World
    Zeus
    I was really wanting to play the many Unknown Regions I have been saving up for the past 2.5 months. I had in good faith that the Mountain Clans would work by the Easter event. I've asked in the Help tab on tso and was told by many players that there are still problems w the Ventures.

Also I don't understand why players can't get 1-2 MMA from Easter. It was very consistent in previous Easter's. Also no 2nd Boris

World
    Ares
    And there it is -- The notorious Gem Sale.

I think that it would serve BB well to understand Player Sentiment in relation to making sales to players. You see, my sentiment toward BB was pretty high when they stepped up and offered that Premium Time package to players while encouraging them to "stay home." Despite my having purchased Gems not long before that, my Player Sentiment was quite high, and I was considering buying more.

However, after hearing about the Boris limitation on the Test Server side, I decided to wait. I'm glad that I did because, with the hard cap of 1 on Boris and the loss of books on Gold-Hearted Geo with no apparent fix on the way, my Player Sentiment toward the game is in the basement now. I really don't think that BB could put together any kind of whiz-bang Package of Game Stuff that would entice me to purchase more Gems, when making decisions like limiting Boris to 1 per player.

If you think about it, the really fair thing to do would be to make the hard cap 2 and allow every player to pick up one Boris from the event, and another one for all players who do not now have one, if they want to put in the work during the Easter Event to earn a second one. I call this the "Everybody Wins and Everyone's Happy" scenario. Unfortunately, BB has decided to select the "Irritate the Majority of your Player Base" option by implementing a hard cap of 1 on Boris.

If BB does not currently consider a "Player Sentiment" variable in their financial projections, perhaps they might want to contemplate incorporating something like that in their projections. BB may not technically "lose" money, but I can assure you that there are Gem Sales that are not made when Player Sentiment is low.

Thank you for reading. -EG

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Beard View Post
    I was really wanting to play the many Unknown Regions I have been saving up for the past 2.5 months. I had in good faith that the Mountain Clans would work by the Easter event. I've asked in the Help tab on tso and was told by many players that there are still problems w the Ventures.
    At the Foot works and People of the Mountain work properly.

What doesn't work in Unknown?

edited, quoted wrong post

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    Was really excited about the possibility of getting a second Boris general for Easter Event this year... Pretty lame to not offer that BB...!

Apparently BB does not want players to buy gems and spend them on something really useful that helps them advance in the game or what...?

40 minutes, 32 seconds for 1 Titanium ore from 50 Fish and 20 Oil Seed for only 3,995 Eggs...! Are you kidding me?

It should be named the Titanium Turkey! With no description in the Merchant that any Resources are required let alone requiring the sacrifice of 50 Fish and 20 Oil Seed to produce that one Titanium ore...

Currently: Oil Seed = 10 Gold Coin each on the Trade Office (200 Gold Coin) + Fish = 0.02 Gold Coin each on Trade Office (1 Gold Coin) = a total of 201 Gold to produce 1 Titanium ore that costs 3 Gold Coin on the Trade Office.

Wow! We'll want to Rainbow Snow buff all three of those Titanium Turkeys...! :P

BB should either:

1) Modify this building into something that is actually worth almost 4,000 Eggs and produces something of significant Value; or

2) Make it into a Decoration with something worthwhile like 3,995 Population for example; and/or

3) Refund our Eggs or the equivalent value of 6,069.33 Gems each (that's 11,985 Eggs or about 18,208 Gems for all three buildings) for anyone that bought any of these nondescript sham Titanium Turkeys.
    Yes, that is a real stinker. I'm going to pass on the terrible cloak generals and hen house. Id rather pay for the overpriced residence! I am gonna grab me a Major and Vet, those still have use

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    Furthermore - the 1st event since i started playing .... nearly 8 years ago... that there is not a mma or 2 offered... i was counting on these as Mtn Clan (if its every fixed) requires ridiculous amounts of mma sac's... super disappointed.
    Bought and tried a cloaked gen. It looks like although it doesn't say it has flanking, he did behave that way. Tagged a camp in Black Knights that had cavalry and elite soldiers. Without flanking he should have hit only the elites, but instead he killed the cavs first and then hit the elites. Not sure if this is a glitch or it is supposed to have flanking but for the moment he is a better 1r sac gen than the mma

Edit: so now I used him to tag an Oil Lamp. A camp that had Sailors (defenders 100HP) and Boatswains (swift 40HP) and this time he only went after the Sailors, which is not flanking. So not sure why he hit the cavalry first on the other battle (no he did not kill off all the elites and had spare damage hit the cavs but it showed in the wrong order). Can only assume another glitch.

Reply to Thread