Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: data maintance downtime

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Eastern Daylight Time
    EDT timing
    EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) is one of the well-known names of UTC-4 time zone which is 4h. behind of UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). The time offset from UTC can be written as -04:00. It's used as a DST (summer daylight saving time).

World
    Zeus
    Yeah it's a shame that they have both the date and the time listed as for the 13th in the EASTERN time zone (EDT) it means someone either fired it up early or they announced the date for the maintenance wrong which is a shame for us players who planned to use the down time by having explorers out.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I missed sending out my explorers for a longer time frame for this maintenance because of the miscalculated start time, sigh...

World
    Zeus
    "12.04.2020Data Maintenance
    Dear Settlers,

On Monday, 13th of April, an IT infrastructure task will require the game servers to be taken offline.

Please plan your game activities accordingly.

Date: 13.04.2020
    Timeframe: approx. 20:00 EDT - approx. 06:00 EDT
    Game: All gameworlds offline
    Adventures & Premium: Times will be extended
    Happy Settling!
    BB_Saqui"

Looks like BB hired Gomer Pyle into their IT department...

"Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!"

Actually, I no longer am. By anything BB does.......
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    What the heck??? today is NOT the 13th????

Data Maintenance
    Dear Settlers,

On Monday, 13th of April, an IT infrastructure task will require the game servers to be taken offline.

Please plan your game activities accordingly.

Date: 13.04.2020
    Timeframe: approx. 20:00 EDT - approx. 06:00 EDT
    Game: All gameworlds offline
    Adventures & Premium: Times will be extended
    Happy Settling!
    BB_Saqui

World
    Zeus
    Hmmm.... now that's kinda spooky!!!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Great job in planning accordingly folks. But shiznit happens and quit being grumpy! We will get a email with some good stuff then continue our egg hunt. I'm not a hoarder or number cruncher and I just like playing the game in all its glory. Good luck to all on the rest of the event and hopefully they throw in a Cloaked General for G.P..

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom072571 View Post
    Great job in planning accordingly folks. But shiznit happens and quit being grumpy! We will get a email with some good stuff then continue our egg hunt. I'm not a hoarder or number cruncher and I just like playing the game in all its glory. Good luck to all on the rest of the event and hopefully they throw in a Cloaked General for G.P..
    Now we're doomed

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    And that my friends is how it goes down in a D.M.!!!!!https://gph.is/1hfJR0u

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Very confusing to use US time zone, and EU day/date. At first I thought, "Oh, someone forgot to put the C in CEDT," but then got confused as time math is not my strong suit. Having a big maintenance on a weekend, on the day of a holiday, and during an event really impedes the game play, and then to have it arrive more than 24 hours early felt more like rotten eggs, than Easter Eggs. Most of my guild was signed offline having family dinners, and I can only imagine their dismay, frustration, and confusion as they try (and no doubt are right now) to sign back in.

Always glad to see Premium Time and Adventures extended after a maintenance, and am curious as to whether the PFB buffs will also be extended as so many people swap these during a big event.

Thanks for all the things, BBs, that you do right, and appreciate your listening to us when things go awry, as they did this time, and there will no doubt be a lot of listening to do.

ShuttlePilot
    Guild Leader, The Creators
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 04-12-20 at 05:57 pm.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Reply to Thread