Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: data maintance downtime

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Adding to the confusion a Monday evening into Tuesday timeframe for a downtime is standard, not a holiday Sunday downtime.

I did look on the facebook page regarding downtimes and there was not a posting.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman65 View Post
    usa time too -- that would be helpful for those that live in 'merica!
    they did post it with NY time, but with the wrong date, so it looked like it was tonight.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I think it might have worked out better for me since I was able to get back on after 3.5 hours. Most people had probably given up or gone to sleep by midnight, though.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hello,

Apart from the wrong date (I tought it was today and not yesterday like most of us), what did surprise me was that the event was not extended accordingly. I was ok with a few lost eggs, but that was before I saw the event was not prolonged by a day. Is this just the counter that is not correct? Do we have a confirmation that the event will be extended?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I agree. We deserve proper compensation for the mess this caused. Many people lost out on a substantial amount of event resources (eggs) and other items needed. Please do the right thing and compensate for the issues.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    On Monday, 13th of April, an IT infrastructure task will require the game servers to be taken offline.

Please plan your game activities accordingly.

Date: 13.04.2020
    Timeframe: approx. 20:00 EDT - approx. 06:00 EDT
    First off, several people are saying it was the wrong "date". However, if you read the actual text, it says "MONDAY" the 13th. Not "SUNDAY" the 13th. Nor does it just say 12-04-20 which could of been a legitimate typo of 13-04-20.
    But considering "clearly" stated it was Monday, the maintanence should have happened on Monday.

Secondly, it clearly state 20:00 EDT. 20:00 = 8PM. EDT = Eastern Daylight Time, which is in the USA, NOT Germany or any other European country. So people saying "Oh, well they posted it based on their time" is a bunch of rotten bologna. The date/time was posted based on the US Eastern Time Zone. The shutdown took place 24 hours ahead of scheduled time.

Thirdly, a MOD supposedly posted in Global chat that the time was wrong. This is the wrong way to post such messages. For one thing, not everyone hangs out in Global. Another, if someone just happens to be in Global, looks away at another window, tab, or even is actually paying attention to their adventure, they miss the message in Global if 2 or 3 other people replied shortly afterwards. And lastly, it is well known that MOD's have the ability to use Popup Messages to announce things. I have seen it multiple times with silly stuff like "You're being watched" or something goofy like that. USE IT FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS!!!!!! No one can miss the popup message!

If there's a messed up time, and it's not noticed until a very short time (like several hours) before the shutdown was scheduled, post pone the shutdown till the next day. Not that hard! Or, if it is completely unavoidable (in the case that hardware was being replaced, for instance) immediately upon coming back online post a global mail stating the error. Admitting to the error/mistake means a WHOLE LOT to players. Own up to it. Don't try to sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away. Kinda hard to sweep an elephant under a rug. Everyone is gonna notice anyways!

World
    Ares
    I lost eggs. My avg is 2300 a day but because of the wrong info i did NOT get to send explores so for that day during the prime time and i did not get to send them with the maintenance in mind. Sunday the total was only 620. 2300-620=1680 eggs lost.

I knew i would have less eggs because of the maintenance but the maintenance happened not when I was expecting it according to the announcement. I have been with this game 7 years and this has not happened so I must conclude that it is this extraordinary time with the virus and so I want to extend grace to those working to keep this game going at this time.

It would be best just to tell us sorry and send out some eggs to everyone or some other equal gift to relive the stress this caused. We do know it is a hard time please stay healthy a game no matter how great is not worth your life. Thanks again for your attention to this issue LRP.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hey folks,

Apologies for the delay in response! There was an error in the day mentioned on our emergancy news post - I was distracted when converting the timezones that I forgot to change the day.

We're going to post a response very soon in regards to this downtime, as well as something that should ease the trouble caused by it.

Again, I'm sorry if any of you were caught out by it.

Stay home, stay safe!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    BB, thank you for the apology and explanation. That fixed the issue for me.

Smythreal

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Reply to Thread