Reply to Thread

Thread: Splash damage broken?

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Angry Splash damage broken?

Do I just not know how splash damage works or is this unit broken?

Scallywag from easter event do splash damage even though he shouldn't. My army is loaded up with Younger Gemini, 1 reqruit, 1 militia. All of them got killed in the first strike phase of round one.

The poor 1 reqruit should "block" all those Scallywags, giving the one militia, and more important, Younger Gemini, a shot at the enemy. I ofcourse know it's a loosing battle, but lacking splash damage should allow me to fight back.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakih View Post
    Do I just not know how splash damage works or is this unit broken?

Scallywag from easter event do splash damage even though he shouldn't. My army is loaded up with Younger Gemini, 1 reqruit, 1 militia. All of them got killed in the first strike phase of round one.

The poor 1 reqruit should "block" all those Scallywags, giving the one militia, and more important, Younger Gemini, a shot at the enemy. I ofcourse know it's a loosing battle, but lacking splash damage should allow me to fight back.
    You do not know how splash damage works apparently. Each enemy does its own attack and splash applies to each one. so it isn't that all of those scallywags attacks as a group and can only kill one unit, but tthat each scallywag attacks and can only kill one of yours each. So in that picture:

There are 50 scallywags. Since they don't have splash, it means each one attacks and does (up to) 50 damage each. since they are hitting recruits with 40 health, then they do the 40 damage and kill a recruit and the extra 10 (from 50) gets does not carry over and gets wasted. Thus they will 50 recruits at MOST. It will actually be a little less since some of them will miss and do the 25 damage laving a recruit with 15 health that a second scallywag will have to finish off.

Now if they did have splash damage, then they would do the 50 damage each, which would use 40 to kill a recruit, and then the extra 10 would carry over to the next recruit leaving it with 30. then the next guy does 50, killing the 30hp left and carrying 20 to the next guy. that would mean the full (up to) 2500 damage would be used and would kill up to 62 recruits max.

It may only show the group attacking at once, but that is just for saving time and animation. Each units attack is calculated separately in that one attack motion.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thank you. It appears that after 5 years of playing I didn't know how splash damage works.

Reply to Thread