Reply to Thread

Thread: Generals - quality of life improvements

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Generals - quality of life improvements

I have a couple of suggestions to make generals easier to manage.

First, now even if you are just doing adventures requiring elite units all the generals default to the normal troops. I would like to see either generals automatically default to the elite troops once you hit lvl 60 or have an option to set them to default to the elite troop panel.

Also, as we keep getting more generals it is becoming harder, if not impossible for them to have space on your island. It would be so nice to be able to have carriers (like aircraft carriers) or something similar that can be located maybe below our island in this area that all the generals can land and be sent from (maybe 25 generals per carrier). You could make content that would enable players to earn these carriers if they wish or need to have more than 25.

https://imgur.com/a/uzW4mfx

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    i second this idea im tired of looking for spot on island where to place my general from star, and bc there is not enough room when they come back from adventures they go to star but automatically default to normal troops. BB needs to make this happen please. listen to what the p[layers want and this game will stay alive for long time and i keep buying gems.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Agreed with making it an option or remembering what you last selected. I keep 1 elite unit on every general that needs it, which works until they go back to the star.

I have been putting more and more generals into the star because they are all over the island in random spots. I do have the space, but I know a lot of people have fuller islands than I do. Even with the space I have, I've started deleting nobles any time I get a new population building because though I have some it's becoming increasingly limited.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    agreed with it defaulting - in my opin - to what ever type of troops you just used. i tend to leave 1 elite on there but its a pain. would love - personally - an island just for gens some of the camps are nice looking and lastly, if NOT than the ability to at least designate a spot - i can 'move' gens to some spots - others are only avail if the gen naturally drops there.. and i hate having gens all mixed up.. i want the mma to land where they left .. and so forth.

World
    Zeus
    I like the carrier idea, as long as it was a wooden carrier. Or an island just for generals, meaning unbuildable and all gens land there. Or even and island AND a carrier. Or two.

Time for another row on the options toggle where we can set default general options. And while we're at it can we please have the option to turn off those awful bobbing gold laurel leaves aboves mines and quarries?
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    +1 to all of the above
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Zeus
    +1

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    +1 to both. Some time back during some pointless contest or another, I suggested and did artwork for a Barracks. Maybe make it 2x3 and let it hold all your generals. Even in barracks, you should still be able to load them up.
    With 54 generals now, I don't have nearly enough room to leave them all deployable, so it's a PITA to retrench them when I don't need them.

Also, I'd like to see an additional attack mode for generals... the Charge mode. Simply put, normal mode, the gen moves at normal speed; used for blocks and timed attacks. But in Charge mode, the gen moves at 2x or 3x speed. This would greatly facilitate 'shotgun' adventures where you just send wave after wave of generals at progressive targets.
    This would greatly increase the frequency of play for me.
    Provide it doesn't cost a million gems for a buff. I wouldn't make it a buff, but rather just a choice for a general on each attack. Sometimes you wouldn't want it to be an adventure wide buff like horseshoes.

Reply to Thread