Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Graphics not fully loading upon start-up

Noble
    World
    Ares

Graphics not fully loading upon start-up

Lately (ever since phase 1 of the Easter event ended) I notice that when I log-in the game does not load everything properly. For example, all the buff sparkles are not present making it look like nothing is buffed, and no I do not have the buff sparkles disabled in options. Similarly, the book icon over over my bookbinder to indicate that production is finished does not appear either. I can still click it and collect my book and start a new one, but the icon to let me know it is done is not there so I don't know it is finished unless I manually check. But the worst is that while the buildings themselves load in the primary sector where the camera is initially focused, if I move around my island virtually nothing else is loaded. Buildings will be invisible except for their moving parts, sections of the ground just display water.

Now, for the moment all this is fixed with a refresh, but it seems to be happening more and more so I want to bring it up as it may become an even bigger problem in the future if not addressed.

Pic for proof:

Note the circled areas. Bookbinder is clearly done, but no floating book item on the bookbinder to indicate so. Advanced toolmaker shows christmas market buff active for the area but none show sparkles. Buildings on the right (gold mines, endless gold mine, endless copper mine, advanced paper mill) do not not show the whole building.

Also, a new problem: when trying to load the game this time, it would not go past the tooltip screen. It just flashed the tips quite quickly but would not go any further. Waited over a minute before refreshing and the second time it loaded.

It is getting worse.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I have same issue. Many of the buildings are invisible and the game does not fully load. I have to reload the game almost every time I log in.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have been having the same issue with more than half the buildings not showing up. If you mouse over the area, you see the names of the buildings but you can not click on the building, change production or even buff it. Today it was that way so I tried refreshing, but now, can't even get the map to appear.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Same issue here. Have to close the browser and reload multiple times to get it to load correctly.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Those graphics issues have been happening for over a year now. For me it usually happens after a game update. Clearing cache usually fixes it until the next game update but you have to clear both browser cache & flash cache. To clear the flash cache you need to go through control panel.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I cleared my browser cache and my flash cache. Sometimes I get in and more often, all I get is a grey screen after logging in.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I have this problem too, on chrome. It started like a week ago, my island looks funny being almost bare, the adv maps are mostly blue... Cleaning cache is helping sometime, but most of the time it doesn't... collectibles are not showing up either.
    Kinda complicated to buff island when the buildings are not there or when the buff itself is not showing up for drop

I started using firefox.

A fix for chrome is cleaning browser history (and delete cookies and cached images), it works but it's annoying.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Well, I just keep refreshing until it finally loads. Sometimes 2nd time wins, sometimes I am still doing it a few hours later before it loads completely. Haven't done any adv since mid Easter event because it does it when I come to home island for something.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I am having the same problem at times as well.

World
    Ares
    Also finding graphics not loading since last maintenance. Reload and some graphics comes back, but others vanish. Not good. What's going to happen when Adobe goes bye bye?

Reply to Thread