Reply to Thread

Thread: The Rock achievement

Recruit
    World
    Ares

The Rock achievement

Is anyone trying to complete the achievements and/or doing colonies?

Do I hear crickets chirping??

I have been trying to come up with a plan to complete the achievement “The rock” (to successfully defend colonies from invasion 1,000 times). I believe that this achievement could be completed faster with cooperation between players that are not guildies or “friends”.

We could maximize our chances of getting colony defenses if we choose one specific colony resource and hold tier 1 colonies with that resource. Then we would each periodically send explorers to find, attack, and cancel tier 1 colonies of that resource that are already taken. I would be willing to send several explorers (30-40) to search for and cancel tier 1 colonies periodically, perhaps daily or at lease weekly, providing owners of those colonies a chance for a defense. This would only happen outside of events to not interfere with explorer treasure searches.

The real trick is to determine the ideal resource. I’m thinking that marble or exotic wood might be the best colonies to take since there is typically 1 or 2 to choose from with each explorer search, and not such a valuable resource that most players would want to simply take them. However, if a large number of players are participating in this plan, we may need to choose a more common resource like hardwood or coal.

Is anyone out there interested in trying this plan? If so, please reply here or send me a game mail if you are on Ares.

Everyone else - please try to control your laughter.

-Sitzy

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    If BB were at all in touch with the game this achievement along with the 100 times achievements would have been removed long ago. By the time i reach level 30 PvP i'd be surprised if im even 2%-3% progression on those.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    im doing pvp to get to the top castle.. and thats pretty much the only reason.. i haven't really looked at achieves - if get one -- woot bonus.. lol
    so get 100 of each kind from other players sits idle, defeat a colony from invasion 1000 times (and several 100 more on other kinds)? well since not many pvp and i cant force someone to attack me - nor can they tell its me - that one shouldnt be an achieve. i have no control over it at all.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    They should change those achievements to something more attainable, like reach level 10 pvp, reach level 20 pvp, reach lvl 30 pvp.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Oh yes, I understand the unreasonable nature of the "defend colonies" achievement. You are completely at the mercy of other players to attacking and then canceling your colonies. My problem is that I don't have many achievements remaining, and this one could be done with community cooperation. I'm at 438 of 1000 colony defenses and just need a mere 562. I can't give it up now.

Reply to Thread