Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback]Dev Diary: Summer Event 2020

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i now have over 5k sammies.. thanks ... and yay i GET to pay 300 balls tomorrow?? an entire 3 days adv'ing for me...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I really wish you would do something about the lag that occurs during these events. For the last few days, it has been taking 2 minutes at times to even show up the results of a quest, or a listing on the trade office, or a buff. This often results in lost items.

Every event an extreme amount of lag appears to be happening. Because there is more players I have to think it is something to do with your server loads. Maybe there is a need to invest here, ideally with servers located in North America instead of Europe.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    My feedback - a very high percentage of my soccer balls earned during this event are for mindless clicking. Sending I don't even know how many explorers out every day, clicking the mails when they get back, clicking collectibles for achievements and the occasional soccer ball. Clicking to make buffs and clicking each defender separately in the boring scenarios. Two defenders both lose to Fouls? Too bad, click them separately.

I am running MCC's well just Unknown Regions, for some reason I had 19, over and over for the double loot, but the part of the game I enjoy (adventuring) rewards very few balls, about the same daily as like 6 explorers. And not even the good ones. So this puts pressure on getting event explorers to keep the resources flowing, if you don't it's harder every event to keep up with us old players with 50 (or more!) explorers. And if you have to prioritize explorers, that means you're not getting the key items like up to 3 Sylvanas (score!), the Wondrous (great pop), etc.

Better balance to the event resource please. Take the pressure off logging in and spending 5-10 minutes just sending explorers and clicking collectibles before I even bother to play the economic island building and bandit killing game I enjoy. Some days I don't get past those 5-10 minutes and just log off...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    lag is extreme again.. 4 min i waited to jump from adv to home .. and that was a complete lock.. then same lock when gens come home or heaven forbid gens AND explorers come in.. how on earth can we jam tons of adv if your system locks us up.. and under scout and obs its even more of an issue.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    so.. the dev diary says ... about pirate flag "Description: With this flowerbed flag you can make yourself a make-believe pirate island. You might even attract some real pirates that come and hide a treasure on your island. One never knows. The Size is 2x3."

where and when do these hidden treasures appear??

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    so.. the dev diary says ... about pirate flag "Description: With this flowerbed flag you can make yourself a make-believe pirate island. You might even attract some real pirates that come and hide a treasure on your island. One never knows. The Size is 2x3."

where and when do these hidden treasures appear??
    Apparently you'll never know. :/

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Think that the Soccer Ball drops could have been much better. The Higher level adventures should have had a higher ball drop rate. The last week or so, you had daily quests that gave you nothing but collectibles, and you gave up good resources. Would think that most had the collectibles that they needed by then, so these was a waste. The reward should have been balls, or at least give a people a choice of balls or collectibles. Also, you need a collectible converter. Had so many at the end that wasn't needed and got wasted. Should be able to convert these into balls. Need better ball adventures, and more of them. Felt like a donkey with a carrot in front of me knowing I will never catch it. Things need to be adjusted to make these events more worth while.

World
    Zeus
    Events have changed considerably. They used to be a total giveaway to people who had the time to grind adventures and stay on top of scouts for 3 weeks. Nowadays, even with riding herd on 60 scouts and grinding adventures everyday, it was a challenge to get the list of items I wanted, which was about 1/2 of what was on offer. I understand that a company like BB has to make money to survive, and so events have shifted to still be very generous as far as how much a person can get for free but if you don't want to work so darn hard, or if you just gotta have it all, part with a few bucks..... This is neither good nor bad, it just is.

Part of the reason for events being more difficult is the quantity and variety of items available. When we only had a choice of 1 general, 1 scoutx2 and 1 or 2 buildings it was pretty easy to get everything. The soccer ball payout from Woodcutter adventures in 2016 was 12 and 24 compared to 32 and 54 this year, Bandit nest was 6 and 12 compared to 22 and 36, so adventure drops have gotten much better, just not enough to get everything on offer. All that said, I was probably muttering under my breath about the difficulty of getting soccer balls just as much in 2016 as I was this year.

I'm ok with not being able to get everything on offer, cause I don't generally want everything on offer. But I'm starting to get burned out having to work so hard to get the items that I do want. I almost hit the point of spending gems for soccerballs this event, which is BB's ultimate goal. But I didn't give in and just soldiered on. Better luck next time BB!

Overall, I'm happy with the event. 3 Sylvanas, a couple of Token Coinages, Capacious Warehouses and Treehouses oh(!) and the PFB's. Not a bad haul for (mostly) free and I had fun with my wife and guildmates doing it.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    With 80 explorers, I was able to get everything that I wanted and then some. The generals and explorers are really the priority. Training fields and geologists are nice as well, if I didn't already have enough, though more never hurts. Probably could have done that with fewer than half as many explorers, though of course accumulating even that many takes a number of events. I find it quite reasonable and don't expect or really need everything and haven't in a couple of years. The token coinages seem pretty awful to me, but I picked them up just in case since I could. I already have 21k unemployed settlers, so I ignored the 28k soccer balls worth of housing. Always do unless I have a lot of extra resources like probably will happen at Christmas, which is a very generous and relaxed event. Likewise for the tradable buildings, which made sense when event resources were more readily available (because there was less to buy) but are just crazy at these prices. except I picked up a couple of storage towers toward the end with what I had left over. I also got the pirate flag because pirates won the championship, and one day they will come to my island and give me booty. Maybe.

I adventured more for the beans, grout, XP, adventure tales, and oilseed. Worth doing considering. The double/triple loot/XP is very helpful. The event resources, though, are just icing on the cake. Not much at all from adventures. It would be nice if they were more rewarding in that respect, but at the same time I wouldn't want to be in a situation where the event becomes just one big grind of constant adventures in order to accomplish anything.

World
    Zeus
    I can see where 80 explorers would make a huge difference over the 60 that I have. I salute you for having the patience to tend to that many every day for 3 weeks, especially if you're doing medium searches during the day.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread