Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Event Comparison Mega Thread

Settler
    World
    Ares

Event Comparison Mega Thread

This thread is mainly to compare and contrast each event launched in TheSettlersOnline. We will begin with the 3 events up to date in 2020.
    The main purpose is to underline and outline all the inconsistencies in the following areas.

Event resources rewarded with explorers.
    Event resources rewarded with adventuring hours.
    Event resources and cost of gems.
    Event resources acquired by special event tasks. Ex: (Flower farms, party crashers, soccer matches)

Hypothesis of the amount of event resources obtainable
    theoretically for each player who commits time to collect them efficiently. (Player's potential for grinding/farming)

And finally the total number of event resources required to clean out the merchant for scientific reasons.

Championship Event 2020
    Event Resources in Explorer Loot

Event Resource From Adventures

Cost of Event Resources from Merchant

Event Tasks
    You will get 500 balls from calendar. About 600 balls for achievements. You will get 1,350 balls from football adventures x 1.5 for premium for 2,025 balls.
    The total from calendar, achievements and event adventures is about 3,125 balls.

Total Items Cost in Event resources: 115,928 balls (excluding buffs/grout/oil)
    Total Gems Cost of Event Resources: 91,540 Gems (46 x 2,500 Balls Packs)

Hypothesis -
    Let's assume you miraculously get 1,500 soccer balls a day with explorers. In 21 days that's 31,500 balls. If you run 10 woodcutters in 1 day on premium and get the minimum ball drop each time, That's 480 balls a day.
    In 21 days x 480 you will acquire 10,080 balls. If your explorers bring you 31,500 balls and you get 10,080 from adventures you will have 41,580 balls.
    Add 3,125 from Event Tasks to total 44,705 balls.

Shop Goods Purchasable - 44,705 Balls
    Remaining - 71,280 Event Resources to pay for with Gems/Trade

Remaining Gem Cost - 55,720 Gems (28 x 2,500 Balls Packs)

Easter Event 2020

event resource gems gem/event resource

Event Tasks
    With Party Crashers you got about 60 Eggs every 23 hours. Let's just say daily. For Lend a Hand quests you got 20 Eggs daily.
    Let's say for 21 days you got 80 Eggs a day minimum. That is 1,680 Eggs from Tasks. The 4 quest chains rewarded 100 Eggs. Total 2,000.

Total Items Cost in Event resources: 105,225 Eggs (excluding buffs/adventure/grout/oil)
    Total Gems Cost of Event Resources: 158,000 Gems (40 x 2,600 Eggs Packs)

Hypothesis -
    If you ran 10 woodcutters a day you got a minimum of 1,590 Eggs in 1 day, in 21 days = 33,000 Eggs. And assuming explorers collected 1,500 - 2,000 daily in 21 days for 30,000 Eggs.
    Add 2,000 from event tasks. The minimum a player could accumulate during the event before spending gems and using trade office was 67,000 Eggs.
    The maximum bar is alot higher - if you ran 15 woodcutter a day, you get 50,000 eggs in 21 days minimum.

Shop Goods Purchasable - 65,000 Eggs - 82,000 Eggs.
    Remaining - 23,000 - 40,000 Event Resources to pay for with Gems/Trade

Remaining Gem Cost - 35,550 - 59,250 Gems (9-15 x 2,600 Eggs Packs)

Valentines Event 2020

Event Tasks
    Players were extremely limited to produce flowers via flower farms in 14-21 days period.
    1 Flower Farm had 40 cycles in 1 day. 3 Farms was 120 cycles.
    When Buffed with Rainbow Snow & Prestigious Friend Buff, each flower farm produced 8 flowers per cycle.
    8 flowers per cycle multiplied by 40 cycles in 1 day = 320 Flowers a day. 3 Farms = 960 Flowers a day.
    21 days x 960 Flowers = 20,160 Flowers Total from Flower Farm Production.

Total Items Cost in Event resources: 102,437 Flowers (excluding buffs/adventure/grout/oil)
    Total Gems Cost of Event Resources: 223,380 Gems (102 x 1,000 Flower Packs)

Hypothesis -
    With 20,160 Flowers in 21 days. And assuming explorers collected 1,000 - 1,500 daily in 14 days.
    The most a player could accumulate during the event before spending gems and using trade office was 41,000 Flowers.

Shop Goods Purchasable - 41,000 Flowers.
    Remaining - 61,000 Event Resources to pay for with Gems/Trade

Remaining Gem Cost - 133,590 Gems (61 x 1,000 Flower Packs)

3 Events Gem Costs

The disparity in gem prices here should not be overlooked. There is a huge disparity here, and is highly inconsistent. I will pull up older events to look further into this disparity in near future. I'm curious to know how others feel about it.

Down the road I'll compare more notes. These are all estimated figures. BlueByte should seriously note the collection of explorer event resources is highly limited for all players with the amount of explorers they own. I used numbers in the figures for 70 explorers. Most players don't have that. They might have 40 or 50 or alot less. Also I used a table of farming/grinding based on hours. 10 woodcutters a day is an insane amount to run. Only select few players devote that much time to farming. So projected numbers for accumulating event resources for the average casual player should be alot less. Just something to think about.

If you would like to help with individual research please do the following, this will help estimate all individual performances.

Keep an event log. Feel free to reply a post below and edit it throughout any event.
    Your log can consist of the following variables.

Name of Event:

Event Resources Acquired from Taks/Adventures/Explorers :
    Event Resources Purchased from Trade :
    Event Resources Purchased from Gems :

Space saved for later edits.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    2 Events Adventure Refills

3 Events Explorer Returns

3 Events Gem Purchases

The numbers for Valentines 2020 are identical to Valentines 2021.
    Adventure loots, explorer loots, gem purchases.
    Contribute that to lazy developing.

Reserved For Future Edits

Settler
    World
    Ares

Settler
    World
    Ares

Settler
    World
    Ares

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Well that's 5 mins of my life I'm not getting back.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    " If you run 10 woodcutters in 1 day on premium and get the minimum ball drop each time, That's 480 balls a day."

This part seems like we should be getting double that for that amount of play time. In fact, I wonder if they didn't make a mistake and forget to get us double loot for the balls because those amounts seem awful low.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The 1500 soccer balls number had me worried, but that's a very conservative estimate unless you don't have a lot of explorers or are sending them on longer searches.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    "Total Items Cost in Event resources" varies per event. Comparing gems needed to buy all event items assumes the for each event, items are all of equal value.
    Event items vary per event.

I pick the items that have the most value to me in each event. I then spend my event currency on those.
    Usually it's explorers, a new general, and new buildings.
    I've given up trying to get everything.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I consider housing a waste, which I buy if I happen to have spare event resources. That takes up 30-50% of the total potential cost, and I don't get it. I also disregard most things that are tradeable. Then there's the completely ridiculous buildings like the bakery tribute for 4499 soccer balls. Really? Why would you... why? And to a lesser extent the ones I will probably never use like the titanium hen and token coinage, which I may choose to grab just in case they end up not sucking.

I agree with any explorers (the clicking is annoying, but I find mostly they are generous with event resources if you're willing to deal with it and have enough of them), most generals, new buildings, and maybe a bundle. I'd put my top priority wish list at about 30k for this event, easily doable. More like 40-50k if I had fewer geologists/buildings. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Reply to Thread