Reply to Thread

Thread: Why you wont see any more Gem purchases thought Xsolla...

World
    Zeus

Angry Why you wont see any more Gem purchases though Xsolla...

Hello, after 8 years and too numerous to count transactions through Xsolla they have refused my transactions during the last two Gem Sales on The Settlers Online...

I have tried nearly every method of payment but they refuse my payment even though several financial institutions have approved them. They say it is a security problem even though the same computer (MAC Address) and IP Address has been used for years.

The latest refusal is Amazon Pay even though Amazon Pay has sent the money, Xsolla refuses it and refunds the money Amazon Pay sent every time!

When I contacted Xsolla this is what I got for a response:

"Unfortunately, your last payment triggered our security system. Please, turn on two-step verification in your Amazon account and send us a screenshot of it turned on. Please send it from email, linked to Amazon account, to support@xsolla.com. After that, we will be able to change settings for your account and your next payment shouldn’t be stopped by our security system."

Xsolla says; "The payment was not canceled by Amazon, but by our security system. We need this screenshot to verify you as an account owner and change the security settings."

And; "Verification helps us to combat fraud and provide the highest level of security for our customers. We know that verifying your payment account might cause a minor inconvenience, but we believe that the security of your information is worth an extra minute or two, and we hope you agree. Thank you for understanding."

Please explain how emailing screenshots of information on my Amazon account over unsecured networks is "the highest level of security" for anyone...!

I do not have to spend hours trying to purchase anything else using these same methods -- only Xsolla costs me hours of wasted time, over and over again, only to never have the transaction completed and I am done with this BS.

What legitimate company asks for information from another company's account and security system to be sent unsecured via email? If Xsolla wants two step verification it should be through their system not Amazon's. And if Amazon Pay sends them money why refuse it? I trust Amazon's security a whole lot more than Xsolla's by far...

Find another provider for Gem purchases or provided one yourself in-game if you want to make any more money from me. I highly suspect you loose a large amount of Gem sales do to the lack of people's ability to use Xsolla services seamlessly like any other normal on-line financial transaction.

I am very disappointed by this situation and you should be too.

Pteris

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Pteris...I ran into that same problem months ago when I tried to make my first $100 purchase. It did, however allow me to purchase a lesser amount. Still, quite annoying and less bang for the buck.

World
    Zeus
    Thank you Pwaddin, I hope others detail their Xsolla experiences here...

Maybe BlueByte and UbiSoft will do something about this ridiculous situation. I am not holding my breath...

I had planed on several Gem purchases and playing TSO all day today but I am too pissed off now for that!

Pteris

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Last year when I tried to make two purchases of identical amounts during the same event "happy hour" (because there is no option for a purchase x2, x3 etc.) the same thing happened to me. I resolved the issue directly through my method of payment. They said that it kicked up a security flag because the amounts were identical and made back to back. Had there been a drop down menu for package times X, this could have been avoided.

Having been here since closed beta,I have a lot of personal attachment to the game, and I like to support the game and devs through purchases, the same as I would any of my other favorite game franchises on Steam, (i.e. Assassins Creed, etc.) where I purchase a new game in a series. I still love the game after all these years, and am delighted to support it through my purchase(s). It benefits BB to iron out these types of issues with the vendor, as it costs BB revenue in the long run.

Knowing how much Pteris was looking forward to spending his day off playing the game, and knowing how many people are sheltering at home these days and have this game as a great way to socialize, I hope these issues get resolved soon.

Edit: With the 30th Anniversary of The Settlers franchise coming right up, the online version takes on even more importance as it is a great intro to attract new players to the entire franchise.
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 07-09-20 at 11:04 am.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Zeus
    UPDATE: Amazingly today's gem sale went through without any problems... Huh, Xsolla didn't really need the information from my Amazon account after all...!

I am still not happy about getting screwed during the event and missing out on opportunities now lost.

However, I am glad to be once again able to make Gem purchases and support The Settlers Online...

World
    Zeus
    UPDATE: Xsolla is limiting Amazon Pay purchases to 2 before refusing anymore for "Security Reasons..."

Reply to Thread