Reply to Thread

Thread: A Love Letter to The Settlers Online

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Talking A Love Letter to The Settlers Online

Dear BB and all other players,

Today marks my 9th anniversary of playing this game. Back in 2011, I was 12 years old and a very different person. I started playing this game when it used to be Castle Empire and it was just a young game too. I am 21 now and I have logged on once a day for the last 3288 days and I still don't get bored. When it went onto Steam for the first time, I was excited because I could meet new players and the fanbase would grow to love the game as much as I did. Little did I know, the new community didn't have the same appreciation for the game as I did but I knew that I would still enjoy it. This game taught me how to be patient and how to manage many tasks at once. Grinding adventures to level up until I could maybe reach level 50 was hard work but I knew it would be worth it when I could build my first granite mine. Milestones came and went but the big one was my first gem pit. After many many months of saving, I purchased my first gem pit and I was ecstatic. The world was my oyster. I continued buying gem pits with the gems I produced and I could even buy things to help me with the game! The patience was worth it. Fast forward to about a year ago, I bought my last gem pit and I could feel the end my time on this experience coming to a close. After the news of Flash Player being removed at the end of 2020, my worst fears were realized. I fear for what December brings but I know that I will always cherish the memories I made playing this game and the countless Ali Baba and The Young Woodcutters I completed. I can only thank my brother p0tat0masher for showing me this game back in 2011 and for playing it alongside me everyday. 11/11/20 marks the 9th anniversary of our guild: Restless Souls (founded on 11/11/11 ) which has stayed 2 members strong for 9 years since it debuted on the front page ( :O ) of the guild list. I know that one day I will stop playing Settlers whether it be forced by the demise of Flash or if I forget to log on one too many days in a row. It will be a bittersweet day, I will cherish all of the memories made on this game but I hope my settlers will miss me as much as I will miss them. I want to thank everyone at Blue Byte for continuing to support us players over the years and even coming out with more content for us today! I hope every player who reads this had as great of an experience I did and I look forward to making more. Whatever happens at the end of 2020, happens. I hope all of you and your families are well during this stressful time and I look forward to seeing you in-game. Thank you.

-exarkun616
    Last edited by exarkun616; 07-27-20 at 05:59 pm.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    @exarken616! What a wonderful letter, and you have summed up what so many of us who have been here with you along the same journey feel. Happy 9th anniversary!

ShuttlePilot
    Guild Leader. The Creators
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Zeus
    Happy Anniversary exarken616!! From someone who's been playing continuously almost as long as you have, it's nice to see your gratitude to the people who have made it possible for us to spend so many hours having fun in what, for me, is the best game I've ever played.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread