Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 25/08/2020

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I don't think anyone has ever missed the target; I suspect BB 'cheats' if they're not going to make it.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Does anyone know if the Prestigious Friend Buff will double the effect of cake buffs on the festival hall?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by kzar View Post
    ... but those 'community goals' are ridiculous. What are the odds that we miss the target? What company in the world would let its own game fail?
    I'm not 100% certain, and hope someone else will confirm or correct me, but I think the community goal is cumulative among all servers in the world. Either way, I'm confident that the devs. wouldn't place a benchmark that was unobtainable. And it seems to me part of the point for the whole set-up of the event is getting the community to work together to accomplish goals. Why else would they divide dough and candles between different levels of players.

World
    Zeus
    Yes HortonsWho, the community goal is cumulative among all servers worldwide.

kzar, I'm fairly certain the devs track activity by level on all servers and use this information to calculate the minimum number of balloons that can realistically be produced worldwide in the given time frame.

I've created a spreadsheet for personal use that can calculate the minimum amount of event currency my explorers will bring home, both daily and cumulatively, during any event. All I have to do is plug in the variables and I've got my answers. If I can easily create this kind of spreadsheet, it's pretty certain BB can also calculate realistic community goals. It's not rocket science.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by HortonsWho View Post
    Does anyone know if the Prestigious Friend Buff will double the effect of cake buffs on the festival hall?
    On test server, it does not.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlaar7 View Post
    On test server, it does not.
    Thanks. That's good information to know. I guess that makes sense, since pfb doesn't apply to epic workyards, and the festival hall is pretty much the same as those if I recall.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Dear Settlers,

Due to a technical issue in our backend, we've had to delay the above update until Thursday, August 27th. Please note that the times remain unchanged.

Thank you for your understanding!

Stay safe and happy settling,
    BB_Saqui

World
    Ares
    I agree with Perwyn, everyone can make nice and pleasant spreadsheets for personal enlightenment. But my point is that the goals are ridiculous in the sense that they are not goals at all. BB could set any goal they want, realistic or not, it doesn't matter. Especially if the goals are cumulative. There is zero chance that BB would let all servers miss the target. We can imagine the backlash and the frustration? And how would that look from a corporate perspective?

I also agree with HortonWho, the 'real' goal is to create the illusion that we are working together, although it makes no difference to the outcome. But we're happy.
    Whence comest thou?

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Seems like looking at test server, that you need a ton of gems to get a lot of the new items. What a shame. Makes the event just a money grab?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    3 explorers, HQ, 2 geologists, 2 generals, adventure bookbinder, lazaret, oil refinery, several residences, some books, old school barracks, improved bakery, improved mill, celebrative lookout, and a bunch of buffs, skins, and premium days is a pretty good haul for free. So one of everything new is free, but you have to pay gems if you want more.

That said, the bundles can be worth it if you can find enough that you want not overloaded by a bunch of junk you don't. I don't see anything particularly compelling from this lot for me personally.

Reply to Thread