Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 25/08/2020

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Change Log 25/08/2020

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Change Log 25/08/20 below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Saqui

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Pretty hard to give feedback when there are no real details of this event but assuming it works like last year, i.e. need candles and dough, I hope you are going to provide a more equitable ratio of candles and dough from adventures. I see low level players not leveling up because this one event in the year is so lucrative for them to participate in as an under 50. That should never be the goal in a game.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Buildings: Non-recurring Recycling Manufactories will be turned into recurring ones.
    ?? so they were deleting instead of going to star??

Buffs: The Prestigious Friend Buff now affects the Bandit Nest adventure.
    and will we get a retroactive catch up on the bn's we ran under pfb???

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    If we're getting oil production in the abacus can we get settler production? It can be hard to find schools.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Anniversary Events that require under/over a given level end up...let's just say 'challenging' (and not in a good way) for Guilds with large numbers of veteran players.

I suspect our participation will be even lower than last time given the number of players who have passed L50, and the difficulty in keeping new players...playing. :/

While this may be a case of unintended consequences on the part of BB, it's still something that needs fixing.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    The max game level went up to 80. Time to raise the dividing level in this event to 60.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post
    ... the difficulty in keeping new players...playing. :/ ...
    I believe this is due to QoL issues. What may have been common in games when TSO started is considered tedious these days. Every morning you search for 5 types of deposits and then build mines, wheat fields and wells. That wouldn't be so bad, this is a builder game after all, except it's the same mines and fields every day, day after day. And considering that you start with only 3 Geologists this can take several hours.
    Also there is no easy way to tell how many mines/fields etc. collapsed at any given time. The number of active mines et al. should be part of the HUD.

As an early player one is constantly short of resources to go on adventures.
    And no, I do not want handouts from other players, the game should give me all the resources I need. As it is I can barely go on 2 adventures a week, which is not enough to keep me interested.
    And to those who say it'll get better later, this is exactly why low level players don't stay; by the time it gets better we are long gone.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogger View Post

As an early player one is constantly short of resources to go on adventures.
    And no, I do not want handouts from other players, the game should give me all the resources I need. As it is I can barely go on 2 adventures a week, which is not enough to keep me interested.
    I agree with this. The game should be giving more resources at a faster rate for new players and needs to put more restrictions on just giving new players millions of resources. I really can't see how anyone can find that fun, plus all sort of problems happen when a player progresses based on freebies.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Absolutely hate that the bundles are going away. Been saving for a LONG time for the "Marvelous". >:-(

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I hope you are going to provide a more equitable ratio of candles and dough from adventures.
    I think it's great that there is a huge imbalance in favor of the lower level players. In every single other event in the year, low level players are at a gross disadvantage to the top level players who basically force them out of competition for event resources in the marketplace. This is the one chance in the year that low level players can deal out the terms that benefit them. And it's not like there isn't an out for high level players. You can still convert candles to dough. And at the end of the day the whole candle/dough question isn't even the main obective of the event—it's just for a buff to speed things along.

And the rewards are fantastic: 2 generals, 3 explorers, 2 geologists, population buildings, special buildings, and a nice bunch of nukes. It's the perfect package for getting new players off to a good start.

Reply to Thread