Reply to Thread

Thread: No Guts, No Glory - Achievement

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

No Guts, No Glory - Achievement

No Guts, No Glory - Achievement
    Complete the Dark Brotherhood using only bowmen and cavalry.

Okay, the last camp, 66 shadow sneaker, 66 fire dancer, 66 dancing dervish, 2 spawn of hell.

Assume I hit the camp multiple times to kill all the weaker enemies. Now there is just 2 spawn of hell left.

Older Gemini General
    295 bowman, 3/3 overrun, 3/3 battle frenzy, master planner. Even if I respect the general to have 3/3 Rapid Fire, still NO CHANCE!!!

How do you beat 2 spawns of hell with only bowman and cavalry??? Not possible as far as I can see.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    DB has this style achievement, HLT comes to mind as well.
    There are a few others which require this specific style of completion to attain something like a tribute.

Thing is.
    All of the maps that include this, have multiple players. That's the key.

Achievements are counted individually. "what did you do?" "you", not what did somebody else do.
    Get that distinction?
    Right.

So when somebody elses hosts a DB map, they can do to town on it using anything they want.
    So long as you come in and tap using only 1 cav on a nusala or anybody else.
    You will kill units, to attain a tag.
    This means when the map closes, you will have satisfied the first part of the achieving check.
    Complete the map.
    Now it will check for unit types used, you only used bow or cav. Achievement get.
    Your personal achievement check does not look for what unit types were used within the map, it asks what you used.
    Alongside death report, I am sure each map has a battle log to compare to.

FOr DB, HLT, and the other achievements. You only need to come in and tag with a cav.
    That's all.

World
    Ares
    Also, any type of arrow buffs work as well. It won't screw up the achievement.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Ballista, then rofa, and sometimes need a black arrows to tidy up. Have done it with ballista followed by rofa but sometimes have a few enemies left. Likewise, could do rofa followed by black arrows until it falls. ((No need to kill any camps))

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I didnt run into this problem when I completed this acheivement. I just banged it out and got my tribute and moved on. Like most numbers cruchers you over think stuff. Just in case you didnt know HOARDER you can rebuild it with all your HOARDED resources!! On On to the next!!!!

Reply to Thread