Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event 2020

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event 2020

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Dev Diary: Anniversary Event 2020.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Saqui

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Just read Dev Diary for event. Have some questions.

"During the 10th Anniversary of "The Settlers Online" a seasonal Event Bonus with 2x XP and 3x loot will be active."
    Does this mean all adventures get this bonus? If not, which ones get bonus?

Bold Explorer
    Is the task speed 250% (per Event guide) or 150% (per Dev diary)?

Celebration Quest
    Round 3: Add 3000 hardwood logs to any deposit
    Round 5: Add 5000 wheat to any deposit.
    How do we do this? Are you expecting us to use Omniseeds? (1 sack of 2500 Omniseeds = 500 gems)

Celebration Quest
    Are some of the tasks cumulative? Such as the following:
    Looting x resources: each round want 10K more resources looted.
    Explorer searches: each round asks for more explorer searches.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Looking forward to the celebration quest - hope the 3000 hardwood logs part is fixed to accept any deposit though. The Wheat deposits are easy enough since some adventures give those plus your mayor house can make those.

I doubt the resources or explorer searches would be cumulative, that is too easy. Plus according to wiki they reset back down to 3/3 at round VII

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    5x4 building? Many people struggled to find a good spot for the 4x4 Sunflower Farm.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    From BB_Ezzer on the test server: "The refiller quests have been rebalanced and the hardwood as resource has been removed from the questchain.
    Thank you for your feedback in this regard!

Regarding the misty cake adventure, the difficulty will be set when the adventure is started. So you can keep it and play it with the level you desire.
    We have not finally decided yet if the adventure will be available via adventure search or similar after the event. This also depends on the feedback we'll receive on it."

Also: "The tasks for the refiller quests will be as follows from round 1 to 10:
    Fish 1000
    Copper Ore 2000
    Coal 3000
    Meat 4000
    Wheat 2000
    Iron Ore 5000
    Meat 7000
    Copper Ore 8000
    Coal 9000
    Gold Ore 3000

Happy Settling!"

So Coal instead of hardwood now. Also, note that it just says resources and not a specific kind to loot. Since they all count and it is triple loot, you will be getting more than 10K easily on even the the most basic adventures. For example, Witch of the swamp normally gives 4300 total basic resources minimum, so that would be 12900 with triple loot.

*Source: https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...in-23786/page3

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I have coal, iron, and gold. I always just waste copper and wheat to unclutter my star. Guess I need to stop doing that, but have none of either currently.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    From BB_Ezzer on the test server: "The refiller quests have been rebalanced and the hardwood as resource has been removed from the questchain.
    Thank you for your feedback in this regard!

Regarding the misty cake adventure, the difficulty will be set when the adventure is started. So you can keep it and play it with the level you desire.
    We have not finally decided yet if the adventure will be available via adventure search or similar after the event. This also depends on the feedback we'll receive on it."

Also: "The tasks for the refiller quests will be as follows from round 1 to 10:
    Fish 1000
    Copper Ore 2000
    Coal 3000
    Meat 4000
    Wheat 2000
    Iron Ore 5000
    Meat 7000
    Copper Ore 8000
    Coal 9000
    Gold Ore 3000

Happy Settling!"

*Source: https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...in-23786/page3
    Guess this means, don't get a 6th endless copper or coal mine if one becomes available. It would be evil to have to tear one down to progress through a quest chain.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlaar7 View Post
    Guess this means, don't get a 6th endless copper or coal mine if one becomes available. It would be evil to have to tear one down to progress through a quest chain.
    I think you would be in a very tiny minority of players if you had an endless mine on every copper and/or coal spot available. I have 3 endless copper and I never have to bother with running short just with those 3.

I imagine an endless just goes back to your star menu anyway if anyone was ever in this position - so evil is pretty meh in this case.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I think you would be in a very tiny minority of players if you had an endless mine on every copper and/or coal spot available. I have 3 endless copper and I never have to bother with running short just with those 3.

I imagine an endless just goes back to your star menu anyway if anyone was ever in this position - so evil is pretty meh in this case.
    As far as I know, a 6th isn't possible yet, but 5 is. Sure it would be a small minority of players...who are financially supporting the game.

Yes, the endless goes back to star on destruction...but you lose all upgrades, so potentially three weeks to level back up. Sure, it's doable, but is it really necessary if the designers are gently reminded in a forum post to watch out for such potential conflicts?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlaar7 View Post
    As far as I know, a 6th isn't possible yet, but 5 is. Sure it would be a small minority of players...who are financially supporting the game.

Yes, the endless goes back to star on destruction...but you lose all upgrades, so potentially three weeks to level back up. Sure, it's doable, but is it really necessary if the designers are gently reminded in a forum post to watch out for such potential conflicts?
    Oh, I didn't even realize there were upgrades on those. That actually was probably a bad idea to allow those.

Maybe there should be a maximum set on the number of those that can be purchased as well.

Reply to Thread