Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Anniversary Event 2020

World
    Ares
    Did someone really drop the ball at BB?? I have never seen an event that did not have the Quests adjusted for the level of the player. I am level 69 so I am not affected, but quildmates that are below 56 are locked out of the Round X due to restrictions on Explorer searches. This is very unfair to those players. They could use gems to proceed, but I didn't have to use gems to continue.
    As an example of Level adjusted quests, I had to use Mahogany Wood, while they used Exotic Wood to continue. (sorry but I am unsure of the Title of this quest, but anyone that has reached that one knows about it, (all about the Dance Floor)).
    I just hope that this does not point to a larger conditions that says BB does not plan to continue the game. I will not be purchasing gems until I see a positive step in that direction. And if BB wants to confirm that I have purchased gems in the past, all they have to do is check.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    A lot of people have been confused by the three extra days appearing in the event timer. MANY people have thought they could finish their quests within the time shown on the event timer, but are suddenly having a rude awakening that they don't have as much time as they thought.

Although, another player just pointed out that the "Deactivation" on the 24th seems to imply quests will still be active and event resources will still be supplied during the 3-day grace period after the event ends. Which begs the question of what actually ends on the 21st, then.
    Last edited by HortonsWho; 09-20-20 at 10:38 am. Reason: Added further information.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    agreed hortons -- the time including the deactivation time was wholly confusing to me and many guildies.

also... we completed phase 3 last night.. still waiting for our phase 2 bonuses we were promised.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Isn't that how the countdown always works? Though it's probably not the most intuitive display. Might make more sense to countdown to the deactivation, then countdown separately to removal. I myself have been using the contribution clock as my countdown.

Looks like probably tomorrow we should get the phase 2 rewards, delayed since it is a weekend.

As soon as the goal of week 3 has been achieved, we will manually send out the reward from week 2. This can happen with a delay of 1 day.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Phase 2 rewards sent - please check your In-Game inbox.

About the event still going on - it should work until 24th (bonus loot/exp, etc). For example, you can still get some achievements if you haven't achieved them yet. I understand that this is a bit confusing and I will bear it in mind in future events.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Phase 2 rewards sent - please check your In-Game inbox.

About the event still going on - it should work until 24th (bonus loot/exp, etc). For example, you can still get some achievements if you haven't achieved them yet. I understand that this is a bit confusing and I will bear it in mind in future events.

Thanks for clarifying. Overall, despite some snags, this has been a very nice event. 3 generals, 3 explorers, geologists, bunches of houses, several other useful buildings, and tons of nukes… It's been very generous with the rewards, I'd say. And I've run more adventures than I usually ever do, and leveled up twice in the process. Thank you to everyone who put in work to put it together.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by HortonsWho View Post
    Overall, despite some snags, this has been a very nice event. 3 generals, 3 explorers, geologists, bunches of houses, several other useful buildings, and tons of nukes… It's been very generous with the rewards, I'd say..... Thank you to everyone who put in work to put it together.
    +1

And I'll add that this was one of my favorite events in over 8 years of playing. The rewards were over the top! Yeah, a few snags....... wouldn't be an event if everything went smoothly. And also a big, big, big, yuuuuge thank you for giving us the phase 2 rewards even tho we didn't make it!! I was so bummed thinking I missed out on the Thatched Cottage and Emphatic Explorer. Thanks again!!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    There are issues with most events, but at the end of the day, I can't complain for the rewards you can get. Lots of nice stuff this event.

I still think they backed themselves into a corner with oil and this ridiculous multiple buildings concept, but the oil refinery is an interesting way to address that. At least oil is not quite so slow anymore, even if it does take up even more space still.

New general is possibly interesting as a farmer, but with that low a troop count, I'm not sure I'll get much use out of him.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I enjoyed this event, even I had to use nukes (twice) to complete Misty Cake adventure... I can say I was trading my nukes for that quite big amount of books and the very nice surprise at the end of the daily mini event quest chain (that scouting post). And the Machine Oil buffs which will be very handy on Halloween event...

Good job, really, thank you

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    This Event was a rollercoaster, but it all worked out in the end.
    It did? Including a broken adventure, breaking the quest chain early, didn't really work out for me.

Reply to Thread