Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] The future of TSO

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Please don't forget about us folks who play the game on a Macbook. iOS.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Whatever transitions to new technology may come, please continue a PC/laptop version. This is critical for many long time players. Tablet/phone play is not the same or desirable for many. Thanks for your efforts and support.

World
    Zeus
    Another consideration to keep in mind. Many of your payers play from work or on work assigned laptops that they DO NOT have admin permissions to. any type of installer/thin client that requires admin permissions will effectively lock them out from playing or drastically reduce their ability to access the game.

I also agree that some form of Manager/Dispatcher for Explorers/Geos is desperately needed to send them out in predefined groups rather than individually.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

Settler
    World
    Ares
    how about a sort by last used? that way the buffs we use al;l the time will be on top and the ones we never use will be out of sight. same with generals... and maps... lol. the hundreds of victor the victorious maps that we will never use will be out of sight, out of mind...

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    It would be nice to move a technology where you would start to be able update the game mechanics and user interface.

Very little has changed in the game and user interface over the last few years. Yes, we get new buildings and quests and buffs. But I'm talking about actually improving the game.

For example, making a method to send multiple explorers at once, rather than one at a time.
    Or being able to customize the star menu (instead of items moving around all the time)
    Or being able to stack multiple buffs on buildings.
    Or making saved scripts that can bundle up generals and troops for an adventure.
    Or giving one who starts adventures the ability to kick a player who is afk.
    Or being able to search for a building on the map, or search your friend list

This lack of improvement in the game is probably the result of using a dead end technology like Flash, and that users won't flock to a game without a solid future platform.

Get on a technology that has a foreseeable lifespan and that will build the user base.
    Everything stated here is spot on. Also, Explorers and Geologist need new skills.. There are so many "specific" explorers and geologist that trying to improve them makes wasting A LOT of Mans, books and tombs just to enhance the ONE thing they do. Also when destroying a building, more resources need to be returned to the player (especially grout). I dread new buildings that come out to replace the old ones because that means, I just dumped A lot of resources for no gain. Like the player stated above, all are things that need to be looked into, but also something needs to be done about the generals. A building they can go into and not take up map space. A new building of reasonable size would be fine but if you wanted to actually throw your player base a bone....let them get stationed in a building that is already in the game and on everyone's island.....The mayor's house.

World
    Zeus
    Thanks for the update!! Looking forward to playing for many more years. Happy 10th Anniversary!!!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    First of all, thanks for 10 great years! Where the game is today compared to closed beta is light years of amazing progress. There are some great suggestions above, here are a few more:

1) The ability to decomission troops, i.e., not having to kill off PVP troops to create Elite troops, etc.
    2) A Guild Bank/Storage system so that when Guilds hold events, contests, trivia nights, etc. donations for prizes can be stored with access available to the Guild Leader or someone appointed by the GL. Basically a Guild star.
    3) Rather than multiple buildings of the same type to enhance cool down time or production -- have stackable buffs that can be placed on existing buildings. I'm talking specifically about the big honking Adventure Book binders, the Observatory, the Scout Towers, etc. They take up huge amounts of real estate. So basically make them so that you build your new copy of one atop the existing one(s).
    4) More islands, or even better the ability to sail to another island and conquer and build there.
    5) The ability to delete *any* quest out of the quests list.

Cheers, and here's to another decade !

ShuttlePilot
    Guild Leader, The Creators.
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 09-07-20 at 04:51 am. Reason: add number 5
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I agree with most that was said here, the game needs a serious overhaul adding QoL features, but especially with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mani42 View Post
    Whatever transitions to new technology may come, please continue a PC/laptop version. This is critical for many long time players. Tablet/phone play is not the same or desirable for many. Thanks for your efforts and support.
    Nothing will make me leave the game faster than a clunky mobile interface that requires swiping on a PC.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    So glad to know that the game will be here for years to come. This is great news.

I do want to echo what was said about Mac players. We want to play without having to run Windows. If we wanted to run Windows, we would have bought PCs and not Macs. Keep the game updated for us too!
    "I don't try to be awesome; it just happens naturally!"

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I wouldn't play if it was on phone only . I dont do phone .......anything , not even phone :P lololololol

Reply to Thread