Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] The future of TSO

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I would like there to be a search bar in the general send window, so we don't have to scroll through the list searching for which gens we want to send, and the explorers could also have a window like the gen send window, also with a search bar. I also would like the sound effects to be customizable. This game does not require direct constant attention to play, and I absolutely detest hearing the sound effects of a general reaching a camp and attacking, or winning an attack, or really any sound effects but the initial drum roll one when the attack is sent, which is used for timing blocks. So many sounds in this game are abrasive and unnecessary. We should also be able to customize those terrible in game notification banners that appear next to the avatar and interrupt fluid gameplay when the magnification needs to be far away. Those are also unnecessary. We don't need to know a general that we sent to do an attack is in fact doing what we sent it to do. We don't need to know that it defeated a camp when the camp disappears and the gen is returning. We don't need to hear or see anything about that. Get rid of the redundancy, and the annoying excess of sounds and notifications.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    A couple that have popped into my head:
    1. When resources are required to build something (i.e. Prov house), and I don't have the necessary amount of resources, instead of showing me how many is required in red, how about show me how many I'm short. That way I don't have to cancel the operation, go to my storehouse and check to see how short I am.
    2. How about a new general, General Science. This cat would be able to carry all the resources I need for the adventure TO THE ISLAND, and MAKE THEM THERE. No more traveling back and forth unnecessarily.
    3. Once again, how about implementing the UI I suggested years ago that lets me assign explorers and geos in a more comprehensive manner? I still have that image somewhere.
    4. As already mentioned, a barracks to house gens instead of retrenching them. Let them be kitted out and housed in the barracks.
    5. A Foreman character who would record assignments for explorers and geos, essentially stackable orders.
    6. Some type of character or something that would let me assign x number of preferred loadouts, such as assigning troops/generals for specific adventures. For instance, we all have our own preferences for advs like Woodcutters. This would let us preset those loadouts, and then with a mouse click or two, loadout the gens and send them off to the slaughters.

That's a few for now.

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    I have 57 geologists, how about utilizing them as explores. I only use 17. I have 78 generals, only use 17. It would be nice to use the extras for something.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaClaudius View Post
    1. When resources are required to build something (i.e. Prov house), and I don't have the necessary amount of resources, instead of showing me how many is required in red, how about show me how many I'm short. That way I don't have to cancel the operation, go to my storehouse and check to see how short I am.
    2. How about a new general, General Science. This cat would be able to carry all the resources I need for the adventure TO THE ISLAND, and MAKE THEM THERE. No more traveling back and forth unnecessarily.
    3. Once again, how about implementing the UI I suggested years ago that lets me assign explorers and geos in a more comprehensive manner? I still have that image somewhere.
    4. As already mentioned, a barracks to house gens instead of retrenching them. Let them be kitted out and housed in the barracks.
    5. A Foreman character who would record assignments for explorers and geos, essentially stackable orders.
    6. Some type of character or something that would let me assign x number of preferred loadouts, such as assigning troops/generals for specific adventures. For instance, we all have our own preferences for advs like Woodcutters. This would let us preset those loadouts, and then with a mouse click or two, loadout the gens and send them off to the slaughters.

That's a few for now.
    love it

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaClaudius View Post

That's a few for now.
    This....for Geos, explorers and generals..... THIS would be perfect. Also like stated before a building so all the generals would return to it and make some room on the island. Also....The ability to move warehouses. This has been asked for...forever. As long as a warehouse is in a zone then any other warehouse should be able to be moved. Especially now with lvl 7 buildings, you shouldn't penalize players with hard to come by resources by making them demolish a lvl 6 building or god forbid, a lvl 7 building. Especially since players get chump change for resources back in demolishing said building. Another thing, another way to get XP. Buildings should come into it. A base value per tier and then times it by the level. Some of us have spent A LOT of time and effort on our islands and for me personally it sucks seeing players who have time to adventure a lot with islands with very few lvl 6 buildings and who get more perks because they spent there time on adventures and are several levels above mine with nothing to show for it but a lvl and the benefits that come with said lvl.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Many great suggestions, such as sending multiple explorers at the same time--the clicking is quite bad, ergonomically.

I don't want any more generals. Too many as it is. I don't want any more geologists. I am sad I can't use the ones I grew fond of ;-), as it no longer makes sense.

If you have any interest in making PvP viable, then I recommend emphatically that a player be able to keep their conquered island far longer before it is no longer immune from attack. There just aren't enough resources recouped during the very short time your island is safe. I completed the maximum level 30 and was given the Black Marshal, but no point in ever using him or continuing on. I would like to finish the achievements, but not in the current situation. The outlay of resources is terrible for the reward of keeping an island a tiny part of the week.

During festival quest chains, stop making us do silly things, like apply fish platters or divert explorers to find adventures, the kind of things that are counter intuitive to a festival and the higher level players.

Stop forcing so many co-ops on us...and bringing back so many from adventure searches.

BubbaClaudius's proposed UI is wonderful!

Thanks for listening.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    BlueByte, Ubisoft and TSO Developers, PLEASE give us something more concrete than what's currently out there. I am personally both worried about the future of this beloved game, and also am becoming despondent with the constant negative comments about whether you're even doing anything to move into 2021 with the game intact and functioning. Many, many of us love this game and the community it brings into our lives, but there are many people out there who remember the Anno Online debacle, and are judging accordingly. PLEASE give us something definite regarding the efforts to save this game and take it into 2021 and beyond. In hope, and thank you.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Following some suggestions, I made an update in 1st post.

Please keep posting your ideas & suggestions for the new features/improvements.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    From the original post: " A detailed plan for the transition phase will be shared in the upcoming months."

You realize you don't have months to make a plan, right? You realize you have roughly 3 1/2 months to port this game to another format. If you don't have a plan already then seems very likely you will not get this done before flash goes away. Like others have mentioned, seems WAAYYY too last minute for this to even feel like a viable option for this game. And, like others, not spending another dime on this game until I know for sure it will be continuing.

At least tell people what technology you are porting to. Tell us a time-frame. Something!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I would mainly hope that the game would continue to be playable on Macintosh.

I also have a friend who no longer plays because he no longer keeps his Steam account. It would be nice if there were a way to divorce his Settlers account from the Steam platform so that he could continue to play once again.

Reply to Thread