Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Communnity Goal 2 Failed

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I don't think they intentionally made an unreachable goal. I imagine that they overestimated the number of active players.

Also, I'm not sure at which point they changed the amount needed for Phase III—whether between testing and live release, or after the Phase II goal wasn't met—but the original goal of 3 billion, I don't think was realistic. If phase I required 400 million, and phase II an additional 1.1 billion, I can understand that increase. People need a bit of time to come up to full production, and get a steady pace of cakes being made. But a further increase to an additional 1.5 billion for Phase III would be a problem. People are probably already producing at their peak during the second week, and there's just no place left to go after that (unless you buy balloons with gems). And what's more, a large portion of the players have finished up all their quests, so you won't have those additional balloons coming in, and some players who have gotten the main quest rewards might even play less and produce fewer balloons. Week 3 will probably see a decrease in balloon production rather than an increase. So it's a good thing that they decreased it from what I guess was the test server amount of 3 billion for the third week.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by HortonsWho View Post
    I don't think they intentionally made an unreachable goal. I imagine that they overestimated the number of active players.
    I think there are plenty of somewhat active players, but I think BB underestimates how many of us are feeling event burn out and repetition fatigue. Click click click click...ad nauseum... to send out the dozens of explorers and geologists, repetitive long adventures, heavy reliance on the adventure aspect and almost no attention to island design/organization, not enough resource deposits to keep up production levels, the need to spend way too many hours to advance even at a snail's pace, the growing dependence on gem purchases for buildings & other needs, and no ability to move buildings around due to the need to cram so much in such small space. Even events do little to break the tedium if they are so frequent that there is no time to experience normal gaming. This is supposed to be a "casual" game but it's trending towards compulsive long hours of playing (and/or paying $$) to advance.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The new goal seems like a way too easy slam dunk, but I can see why they wouldn't want to risk missing it and disappoint everyone all over again. 1.5 billion was not completely unreasonable, but I imagine they set it with a what if contingency plan in mind. I don't know how 3 billion would have been reasonable, though.

I'm not sure there is an enticing enough reason to keep donating beyond 25k, if everybody even knows about it at all. The donation feature is clearly an obstacle if there are hundreds of millions of balloons sitting around.

This event is pretty light on both explorer use and long adventures. Though the number of adventures was starting to get annoying by the time I got to Round X. Mostly really easy adventures, but just when you're done doing 3 adventures, you get another request to do another 3. Good rewards and I like the change of pace, but it was getting tedious.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    If we fail to reach Community Goal 3, I will be very disappointed.
    Do not dangle rewards and then blame the community of players for not earning the rewards.

I'm running 3 sets of Mortars with Enormous cakes continually. What more can I do?
    Shall I nag people to "donate your balloons!!".
    Shall I offer free resources, or free cakes?

What if there just aren't enough active and interested players?
    Why punish those of us who are active and interested?

A Suggestion:
    If Community goal 3 fails, give Community goal 2 and 3 rewards based on who has donated the most balloons.

World
    Zeus
    Elgin, since phase 2 failed, the average donations have been 5.1 million per hour.

There are currently 4 days, 12.5 hours left in phase 3. 5.1 million X 108.5 hours = 553 million.

We're currently 385 million away from the goal. I don't see phase 3 failing. I think phase 2 failing woke a few people up.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Now that community goal phase 3 has bean completed, I have not received the phase 2 rewards as of yet. When are we going to get those rewards as promised?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    I think there are plenty of somewhat active players, but I think BB underestimates how many of us are feeling event burn out and repetition fatigue. Click click click click...ad nauseum... to send out the dozens of explorers and geologists, repetitive long adventures, heavy reliance on the adventure aspect and almost no attention to island design/organization, not enough resource deposits to keep up production levels, the need to spend way too many hours to advance even at a snail's pace, the growing dependence on gem purchases for buildings & other needs, and no ability to move buildings around due to the need to cram so much in such small space. Even events do little to break the tedium if they are so frequent that there is no time to experience normal gaming. This is supposed to be a "casual" game but it's trending towards compulsive long hours of playing (and/or paying $$) to advance.
    ^^I agree wholeheartedly... they have changed the dynamics of the game to the point that it's become more of a 'chore' and less of a 'game'.
    there's far less interaction among players and way too much reliance on large single player adventures, ventures and gems to make any significant progress.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    ^^I agree wholeheartedly... they have changed the dynamics of the game to the point that it's become more of a 'chore' and less of a 'game'.
    there's far less interaction among players and way too much reliance on large single player adventures, ventures and gems to make any significant progress.

Yes, Graywolf, I would agree whole-heartedly. I also agree with the previous player's post (CoffeeCat), Way too much time is being spent click-click-click, and not enough playing/interacting with fellow players; the results of which we have seen here, massive drop in regular players on G1 (or any chat for that matter). I still love the core of the game as well as many of the people I have met here, but the change in game play ability is apparently driving players away/elsewhere.

In any case, I am also curious along with Smith101, we (globally) have successfully completed Phase III goals and should be eligible to receive the promised Phase II rewards... They have yet to be received and may be lost in the mail?
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    ok.. so we did phase3.. had a promissory note we were gonna get phase 2 goals then.. so.. where are they?

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    ok.. so we did phase3.. had a promissory note we were gonna get phase 2 goals then.. so.. where are they?

Please check your in-game inbox.

Congratulations to everyone! We did it

Reply to Thread