Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tearing down storage tower lowers pop cap?

Noble
    World
    Ares

Tearing down storage tower lowers pop cap?

As you can see, if I try to tear down my storage tower, it tells me I will lose 520 people. Storehouses don't grant pop so why should tearing it down cost me some?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Actually this has always been the case but apart from rare cases most do not even see that storage sets a limit on your population. It's storage which actually sets you population maximum, residential buildings just provide somewhere for them to call home. Since normally your storage is a larger number than your housing level it's not a issue.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I have 60K pop cap and 1.9 million storage cap so destroying this level 1 tower did in no way lower my storage cap to below 60K.

World
    Zeus
    Must be a storage workers union threatening to strike.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Um. Never heard of that nonsense about storage affecting population. The only building that has both pop and storage is the MH, but it cannot be demolished, so not an issue. Sounds like time for a ticket.

PS - By chance, is your pop over maximum already? If so, perhaps, there is some link (by accident I would think) to storage causing that misleading message.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    If you have that sort of capacity then the mechanic I stated would not be the reason why you got that message. I would have to agree it's something for support to look at.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Was tidying up my island on Northisle (EU server) yesterday and when I went to knock down a settlers HQ and got a similar message: http://prntscr.com/uuo1co

If the HQ holds 7341 settlers I must get a few more of them.....

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Was tidying up my island on Northisle (EU server) yesterday and when I went to knock down a settlers HQ and got a similar message: http://prntscr.com/uuo1co

If the HQ holds 7341 settlers I must get a few more of them.....

Level 5 Settlers HQ has population capacity of 340. Definitely a technical glitch! gl with that ticket!
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    bug continues. i tore down shq (cause for some stupid reason you cant move it still). and it says its gonna delete 286 pop?? it does not hold 286..

https://prnt.sc/v1ue1p

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    bug continues. i tore down shq (cause for some stupid reason you cant move it still). and it says its gonna delete 286 pop?? it does not hold 286..

https://prnt.sc/v1ue1p

Oh, really???? So, you lose your upgrades to the SHQ??? That would suck eggs big time!
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread