Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] TSO is moving to Unity!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterTheSettler View Post
    Have you checked out Steam version? Based on that, it looks like there is OS X client - https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...ttlers_Online/
    Not so much:

From Steam:

"Notice: This product is not compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. Click here for more information."

Thus, after three years of waiting, we're *still* waiting for actual answers about transitioning (eventually, some time next year) to the new system...after we transition to the temporary system, and *then* to the new system.

No word on any support for anyone beyond the Windows crowd. No word on what's going to happen when either of the transition steps cause people to lose access to their Island and have to restart (which happens too often as it is :/ ).

That means still not spending any money on anything until we have useful answers and a better plan. :/

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMadmax View Post
    If you want miracles, might I ask you to pray for them. God always answers mine. Thousands of dev team hours are included in this transfer to a platform they never new they had to do. It was the company Adobe, at which will end their product flash. Leaving tens of thousands of gaming companies as well as others holding the bag.
    Surely you can forgive the settlers online for this, they had no control of.

Blessings :LMM

Except that BB has had MONTHS to make this change. The end of life for Flash was announced a LONG time ago, giving everyone plenty of time to prepare for this. That the devs have waited until 90 days or so before the end of flash support before finally figuring out and announcing what platform they are moving to doesn't say a lot to me about how excited they are to continue this game. I'm sorry, very pessimistic about this whole thing. The move to Unity will not be quick or easy so unless they've been working on it for the past year (which it seems they have not), then I would not anticipate them making it work in Unity for at least another 6 months from now. Hopefully I'm wrong, but not holding my breath.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks for the updates . My sons uses Unity as game building engine Forward and Conquer!! Look forward to more years of Settlers Online .

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterTheSettler View Post
    Have you checked out Steam version? Based on that, it looks like there is OS X client - https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...ttlers_Online/
    yes and it requires. / required .. i start my account from.. scratch.. doesnt port over ..

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Looking at the steam link - I guess no Linux support

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by MarMarl View Post
    Is the unity engine going to be 64 bit only? I know unity can be compiled in 32 bit versions. My old laptop I sometimes use to play is 32, old travel movie and game machine.
    Unity through the browser is compiled bit agnostic. It depends on the browser, not the engine. However, if they build a standalone version of the interface, like Settlers games, then that would be compiled in 32 or 64 bit. I would guess they would gear towards 64bit first, as that's the majority of systems and runs the fastest/smoothest/less-memory overhead.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    So much for the 'seamless' move you were talking about.
    If you download and install a current, or older copy, of Chrome/FireFox, and install it in a separate folder, you could still be able to run the flash version. Just make sure to turn off any sort of updating services for that install.
    Doing this would allow for a "seamless" experience, at least up until the Unity version goes live.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Vector View Post
    Will it run under Linux?
    Unity web version is OS agnostic. It will run on "all" OS platforms, this means that even your Android phone should have the ability to run it

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Durshock View Post
    alot of players have trouble getting the DL version to work. i have tried and tried to get the DL version to work but all it says is that i dont have flash player, no matter what i do
    Download an older version of Chrome/FireFox and install into a different location. Turn off all update services for it. Those should still work through the coming months when the normal browsers stop using Flash (hopefully)

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    How will this new client work if you use a Facebook login? What if you have separate accounts on more than 1 server?
    I would imagine accounts and logins won't make a difference because the Unity version is just an interface with those databases. Because it will be a web based client, it won't matter because they can just change the cookies if need be to suit the new interface.

Reply to Thread