Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] TSO is moving to Unity!

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I only ask that you remember some of us are older and only play casually and may not be tech-savvy so we'll need some simple step-by-step switch-over instructions for all platforms (Windows, MAC, Edge users, Chrome users, Linux users, Safari, Firefox, Steam, etc). Links, Screenshots & videos would also be welcome.
    Switchover will be seamless once Unity goes live. It's a web interface, not a whole new install. So from a user perspective, the login experience should be the same, or similar. Just faster and a bit more robust, and far more stable
    The new players on the field of ability to play on, will be Android and iOS. So we should be able to play on our mobiles almost as easily as we would on the computer.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Durshock View Post
    quick question, will we need to pay for a Unity subscription to play? Unity is a subscription service
    Unity subscription is only for developers, not players. And not all tiers of Unity are paid. I have a free subscription to Unity, for instance. But that means any multi-player games I'd develop would be limited to 20 players, I think. Which is fine for testing purposes.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Beel78 View Post
    i can see all sorts of issues with this...what, I want to know is, Will, I loose what, I have spent close to 8 years building or will, I start over new or will parts of it be missing or will EVERYTHING be transplanted to the new format? I'll be honest. if we loose chunks of what we built or start from scratch, I'm done.
    We also know that a lot of you will have questions right now and we want to answer a few important ones immediately. You will be able to continue playing on your current island and you will keep all your possessions!
    I think that means even the island will be left alone. The transition is just an Interface. All the data is stored in a separate database that they are just reading from.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    I have sent in multiple support tickets asking how I can switch my login from my facebook account to the main login ability and have never once received even a jint of a response to the inquiry. Will this new platform allow the ability to log in using facebook? I have tried the downloaded version of TSO and have never been able to actually log into the game or anything even close to it, unless somehow I downloaded the wrong program or something, I don't see how the dowloaded version is considered a solution in any way, even a temporary one.
    Login ability through Facebook or Ubisoft is just a cookie, basically. The Unity version is just an Interface. Remember, they changed the login procedure a bit "for" this change. So there is little reason/doubt to think that they current logins won't work as they currently do.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZaz View Post
    Except that BB has had MONTHS to make this change. The end of life for Flash was announced a LONG time ago, giving everyone plenty of time to prepare for this. That the devs have waited until 90 days or so before the end of flash support before finally figuring out and announcing what platform they are moving to doesn't say a lot to me about how excited they are to continue this game. I'm sorry, very pessimistic about this whole thing. The move to Unity will not be quick or easy so unless they've been working on it for the past year (which it seems they have not), then I would not anticipate them making it work in Unity for at least another 6 months from now. Hopefully I'm wrong, but not holding my breath.
    Months? They had years notice that this was going to happen.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Korishan View Post
    If you download and install a current, or older copy, of Chrome/FireFox, and install it in a separate folder, you could still be able to run the flash version. Just make sure to turn off any sort of updating services for that install.
    Doing this would allow for a "seamless" experience, at least up until the Unity version goes live.
    hahaha, you must work for them.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    hahaha, you must work for them.
    No, I just know how the software works. I wouldn't use their slim client if it was the last thing available. I'm not saying the interface will work 100% w/o issues. It doesn't now and they aren't going to fix current issues. So "seamless" is a vague term here. That's why it's in quotes

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    will we have to download any software to bridge the first three months of the new year and will the unity run 32 bit ok as the laptop and desktops i have are only 32 bit
    regards slapking

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by slapking View Post
    will we have to download any software to bridge the first three months of the new year and will the unity run 32 bit ok as the laptop and desktops i have are only 32 bit
    regards slapking
    Previous comments have answered both of these question.

World
    Zeus
    Thank you Korishan for all the info. I read an article from 2018 about Unity in a PC Magazine and between that and your insights, it sounds like a pretty good basis for playing well into the future.

As far as BB waiting for the last minute....... I don't think we're a big money maker for them. Anytime something new comes out that cost gems there's all the accompanying wailing and gnashing of teeth because, well.... this is a free game man and we should be able to get it without having to pay man! So.... looks like you get what you pay for, huh?
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread