Reply to Thread

Thread: Locked out from buying some items at beginning of 2020 halloween event

World
    Zeus

Angry Locked out from buying some items at beginning of 2020 halloween event

How many players are looking at this same picture or one similar from the beginning of this years 2020 Halloween Event? This is the 3rd event that I have been denied the ability to purchase event items due to being locked out from them from the very beginning of event. I reported it occurring at the beginning of the year & it was fixed promptly by support. The 2nd time it happened was during the soccer event & I again reported it but this time I was ignored & told that players are limited to the number of items they have & my support ticket closed. I'm reporting it again & strongly urging others to not only report these issues but to post them in the forums for other players to see. These lockouts are happening because some developer was either too lazy to increase the number of an in game item a player can have or deliberately did not do their job prior to event implementation. For this to be happening in a 3rd event this year means that Bluebyte or Ubisoft needs to review it's employees performances & either replace the employee(s) responsible and/or change it's method of implementing an event. Whatever is done, fixing this issue needs to be done immediately. They want us to spend real time money to purchase in game currency & expect us to tolerate situations like this. These things are totally out of line & can't be tolerated!

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Please check our update here.

World
    Zeus
    "Dear Settlers,

we adjusted some limitations.

Please be aware we added a specific package which is only available once per player again, for everyone who missed it last year. Additionally, we made clear how some limitations work (once per player/once per Event).

If you see a package which has a "lock"-symbol on it, it just means that you already purchased this one-time package before.

Happy Settling,
    BB_Trafffer"

Just curious but what so called "limitations" were adjusted. Is very easy to say this but not explaining what was done leaves a person to not believe what was said at all. Instead just makes them realize that another fluff answer was given as a reason & excuse with no actual truth to it.

World
    Zeus
    I have 2 solutions that would ease if not stop these issues for the players & devs.

1. Publish a list of items that have limited numbers. That way it could be used as a reference document for these type of issues. Include a disclaimer that some items may have been available in prior events so obtaining the max number might not be possible.

2. For packages that offer highly sought after items that include an item, i.e. explorer, general, etc., offer a separate package that doesn't have the explorer, general, etc. in it. This would allow players that may be at a max number of explorer, general, etc. still purchase the hard to come by items & not make them feel left out or purposely excluded from getting some nice things. If people don't know the maximum number of an item, they are left in a situation of there being a problem with their game & when they are told they have the maximum number of an item, they are left in despair & feeling excluded.

I hope this may also explain the hostility that a lot of players have toward the game management & now you know why both solutions would solve a lot of issues & create a better gameplay & peaceful atmosphere.

Reply to Thread