Reply to Thread

Thread: costs for books and book refunds

Soldier
    World
    Ares

costs for books and book refunds

It's been said before, would be lovely to get a one-off "free reset" weekend for the science system.

However, what would also work for me and, I suspect, earn BB more money is to cut the cost of the full refund from the current 1050 gems to let's say 100 gems. With maybe a dozen generals I might want to revisit and "book" differently in light of experience, there's no way I can justify spending that many gems, but at 100 a pop I might go for it to save myself the grief and delay in making all those books again.

While on the subject, in the bookbinder it's 200 gems to make one book instantly. That's not really a good deal, but I can just about see people doing it occasionally to save half a day on a needed codex.

In the adventure bookbinder, making a codex instantly costs 999 gems which is frankly not much better than daylight robbery. I know this because I carelessly clicked it once and watched most of my current stock of gems evaporate. That for sure needs fixing, and NOT by making them cost 999 gems in the regular bookbinder.

Take a lesson from a guy I know who runs regular kickstarter projects. For every one person who will spend $1000 on something, there are a thousands who will spend $1, and hundreds who will spend $10. If you make everything expensive, nobody buys. Make stuff cheap you tempt people to spend a little money to make their life easier. You can still have the OPTION to spend $1000, but only a fool makes that the ONLY option. People who want to spend $1000 will always spend but as a business you want ALL the income streams, not just the big spenders. Even if I had the money I can't see me spending hundreds of $ on a game like this, but $10 here and there, sure.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Llewelyn1966 View Post
    It's been said before, would be lovely to get a one-off "free reset" weekend for the science system.

However, what would also work for me and, I suspect, earn BB more money is to cut the cost of the full refund from the current 1050 gems to let's say 100 gems. With maybe a dozen generals I might want to revisit and "book" differently in light of experience, there's no way I can justify spending that many gems, but at 100 a pop I might go for it to save myself the grief and delay in making all those books again.

While on the subject, in the bookbinder it's 200 gems to make one book instantly. That's not really a good deal, but I can just about see people doing it occasionally to save half a day on a needed codex.

In the adventure bookbinder, making a codex instantly costs 999 gems which is frankly not much better than daylight robbery. I know this because I carelessly clicked it once and watched most of my current stock of gems evaporate. That for sure needs fixing, and NOT by making them cost 999 gems in the regular bookbinder.

Take a lesson from a guy I know who runs regular kickstarter projects. For every one person who will spend $1000 on something, there are a thousands who will spend $1, and hundreds who will spend $10. If you make everything expensive, nobody buys. Make stuff cheap you tempt people to spend a little money to make their life easier. You can still have the OPTION to spend $1000, but only a fool makes that the ONLY option. People who want to spend $1000 will always spend but as a business you want ALL the income streams, not just the big spenders. Even if I had the money I can't see me spending hundreds of $ on a game like this, but $10 here and there, sure.
    I am not sure BB will make more money with this. Everyone can do a couple of letter quests to get 100 gems, whereas to get 1000 gems people might be more inclined to actually buy gems. And people do make use of that gem option for generals as it is right now.

A free reset day would be nice but your other ideas just aren't of a benefit to BB because there already is alternate ways to get small amounts of gems without buying them.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I've never done the gem refund for that reason, but I could see some people viewing at as worthwhile. They have come with so many new ways to create books that I find myself never running out, though.

I agree generally that there is an issue with some of the gem pricing. I can't think of a reason why I would ever want to use gems to upgrade buildings or finish production at these prices. Most of the gem pricing seems designed for accidental clicks, rather than seriously offering players a choice of a way to speed things up.

Reply to Thread