Reply to Thread

Thread: We need in game notification of upcoming maintenances, not just the news screen

Noble
    World
    Ares

We need in game notification of upcoming maintenances, not just the news screen

So apparently, there is an IT task right now. In the middle of the event. (yes it is still the event right now since we can still collect event items). Any way, the only way to know this is to be logged out of the game to see the news screen, however during the event I am going to be logged in as much as possible to the point of leaving it running. so I am never going to see this. Would be nice if perhaps an in game mail would get sent to each player once these outages are decided upon, as to make sure people get the info. As it would not be loot mail or battle mail it wouldn't be deleted easily by mistake with other mail that can pile up.

(Also, please no more IT tasks during an event. Hotfixes are one thing, but these should wait)

World
    Ares
    +1

That's the least they could do.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    So apparently, there is an IT task right now. In the middle of the event. (yes it is still the event right now since we can still collect event items). Any way, the only way to know this is to be logged out of the game to see the news screen, however during the event I am going to be logged in as much as possible to the point of leaving it running. so I am never going to see this. Would be nice if perhaps an in game mail would get sent to each player once these outages are decided upon, as to make sure people get the info. As it would not be loot mail or battle mail it wouldn't be deleted easily by mistake with other mail that can pile up.

(Also, please no more IT tasks during an event. Hotfixes are one thing, but these should wait)
    The only reason for this maintenance was to stop last minute explorers bringing pumpkins. It was deliberately timed for that.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    yup several were getting pumpkins in my guild.. the maintenance was timed to time those explorers out and nix their rewards.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

You actually don't need to log out of the game to see this. You can actually open up another version of the game to just see the front page. I don't care if they do this but really this doesn't happen very often at all. I knew about this because someone in the guild mentioned it when they logged in and opening another version of the game is how I was able to read that. Also, you can actually see directly in game as well by hitting support then news.

https://prnt.sc/vjf1iz

This was an 10 hour maintenance, I doubt it was 'planned' to interfere with the explorers. They don't need to take the game down for that length of time to do that even if they cared enough to do this which is doubtful.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    You actually don't need to log out of the game to see this. You can actually open up another version of the game to just see the front page. I don't care if they do this but really this doesn't happen very often at all. I knew about this because someone in the guild mentioned it when they logged in and opening another version of the game is how I was able to read that. Also, you can actually see directly in game as well by hitting support then news.

https://prnt.sc/vjf1iz

This was an 10 hour maintenance, I doubt it was 'planned' to interfere with the explorers. They don't need to take the game down for that length of time to do that even if they cared enough to do this which is doubtful.
    So you were "notified in game" by a guildie and that's how you knew to look is what you are saying? Otherwise you would never have known and would never have looked and never would have seen it is what you are saying? hmmmmm... If only there was a way to have everybody get notified in game...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    So you were "notified in game" by a guildie and that's how you knew to look is what you are saying? Otherwise you would never have known and would never have looked and never would have seen it is what you are saying? hmmmmm... If only there was a way to have everybody get notified in game...
    It would have made no difference to me if I hadn't been notified and most people just log off the game every once in awhile. In any case, I just wanted to clear up the misconception that there is no way to know without logging out, there is. Just check from in game once a day because I don't recall them ever giving us less than a day's notice.

BB can do this or not, up to them does not make a difference to me like I said.

Reply to Thread