Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 08/12/20

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Change Log 08/12/20

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Change Log 08/12/20.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Trafffer

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i noticed you fixed loot boxes on lanterns.. what about missing loot boxes. i have reported before.. when ever it gives gems i get 1 instead of 3 loots (i have 3 lanterns).. consistently every time...
    why is it stealin the other 2 lantern loots??

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    christmas event starting 4-5 days before christmas, why not just call it something else then? assuming you do the 21 days like every other event, we'll be celebrating christmas until 10th or 11th of january depending what timezone you live in

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Is the download client going to be available before event??? kinda concerned about having to use it 1/3 of the way into the event....

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    still lookin for the promised mac client.. from my viewpoint looks like i'm going to get 9-10 days of event and then.. i'm cut off.

World
    Zeus
    More new buildings and event bundles are nice but where am I to put this additional content?

This upcoming event will add at least another 14 or 15 or more Buildings in total... I now find it necessary to tear down Level 6 buildings for space to accommodate new event buildings -- some of which only can be upgraded during the next event!

If you want to include more content I support that -- but you need to provide somewhere to locate that content also...!

As just one example of many to offer: I now have 7 Sunflower farms with no space to deploy them anywhere they will fit on my island without massive teardowns and/or movement of established and balanced Level 6 production chains -- so they all sit idle in the Star Menu. ;(

We need smaller buildings and/or more Island space not more humongous new buildings and content that has no place to find a home!

And as mentioned in other Forum topics the proliferation of explorers and geologists and generals has resulted in a great increase in time spent in maintaining this content versus time spent actually playing the main content of the game such as Adventures and Expeditions...

This upcoming event will only add to this burden with no solution to resolve this problem offered. With maintenance times approaching 45 minutes or more for full deployment -- for many players in this game you are spoiling enjoyment of the game's main content. When will it be enough? An hour of maintenance? Maybe longer if the trend continues?

I want to play the game -- not feel like I have a second job sending out explorers and geologists or desperately trying to find a particular general to send to an adventure before an interrupt causes me to start all over from scratch on the game's send general selection interface!

P.S. I also support all of the previous Settler's comments and concerns... Pteris

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I've started tearing down nobles. We'll see how far that gets me.

The multiple buildings is an atrocious mechanic. The multi-colored buildings from Halloween was an absurd extension of that. And the massive buildings are terrible. I keep most of them in my star. Unfortunately, the goal of this is obvious. To get you to buy deeds for new islands. I don't see it going away. Sometimes we get something unobtrusive like the love tree or ghost lanterns, but those seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

It was bad enough when it was just having to use presents to upgrade the Christmas market. Now it's at least one thing every event. For Halloween, it was residences. Somebody comes up with a bad game concept, and they bet the next person they can't make it even worse.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Click click click... gotta send out explorers... click click click.

FIX THIS!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    If you want to include more content I support that -- but you need to provide somewhere to locate that content also...!

We need smaller buildings and/or more Island space not more humongous new buildings and content that has no place to find a home!
    This is, at its core, a strategy game. Where's the strategy if we can have everything and use it all at once? Sure, I would like to have more space and less buildings that need clones to run faster...but I don't need it - it is my choice to plant those rather than more of a production type building. Differentiating between wants and needs is part of the strategy of this game (and much of life, for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    I want to play the game -- not feel like I have a second job sending out explorers and geologists or desperately trying to find a particular general to send to an adventure before an interrupt causes me to start all over from scratch on the game's send general selection interface!
    Yes, I agree, this is an ever increasing problem that is leaching a lot of the fun out of the game. Some way of multi-select sending explorers/geos would be a great new feature to see in the Unity version. But, to be fair with my own argument, it was my choice to accumulate so many explorers that this becomes a problem...at some point, I will have to choose whether the endless clicking of explorers outweighs their usefulness, or even the fun of the game. But I do agree that I wanta solution to the endless clicking

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    how does this list of to-do's affect those of us who already successfully use ubisoft to login to the game? how many steps do we skip? this is quite a bit of info in one doc.

not sure what you did today about 15 min ago.. but right after that migrate announcement email.. my game kicked me out... then once i got back in.. guild mail is broken for several of us. and my explorer came back but her announcing her return.. her email shows up.. but in my star she is not yet back. (no i havent just activated pfb or anything like that). 10 min later the announcement is Still running.. for 1 explorer. ???
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 12-14-20 at 06:43 am. Reason: double post

Reply to Thread