Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Ubisoft Guide - Step by Step

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Ubisoft Guide - Step by Step

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Ubisoft Guide - Step by Step.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Trafffer

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Problems already

If you have a Facebook account, and you want to migrate, you will first need to unlink Facebook from your TSO account.

To do it, please follow these additional instructions:
    *Go to “Account” – “Privacy Settings” – “Apps and websites” –“Edit your settings”
    *Delete the app “The Settlers Online”.

Afterwards, you will receive an e-mail including additional information. The E-mail will have a link allowing to set a new password for The Settlers Online. After entering The Settlers Online site you will be greeted with a message allowing you to link your Uplay account with The Settlers Online account. Please make sure to logout completely from TSO before using the link.
    I unhooked facebook.

All I get is an email that tells me to pick a new password but the link directs me to my test server account which automatically just logs me in - my test server account already is uplay

Logging out of my test server account and then using the email link - gives me this screen to create a uplay account which I already have.

https://prnt.sc/w0kxih

I followed your instructions under account already exists and reset my password and I get this now.

https://prnt.sc/w0l2xx

So I am not totally unsure of how to get into both my live server and my test server accounts now...

Trying to log into live now gives me this.

https://prnt.sc/w0l7j0

Registration not complete - I would follow your instructions but I actually don't have a 'play' button - I hit the blue button and then cancel registration and I get this screen.

https://prnt.sc/w0l9jb

Nope doesn't work keep on recycling to the registration not complete page...

It would have been really really nice if there wasn't such a possibility of screwing up the Xmas event because you are doing this early. This process was supposed to be after the Christmas event according to your timeline.

Actually I just noticed I got two emails when I unhooked my facebook, the one from ubisoft when into my spam folder originally. The one from ubisoft has my test server name on it which already is connected with uplay.

https://prnt.sc/w0ls5y

And more news...looking at my ubisoft account it shows linked to facebook and I never had my ubisoft account linked and when I did the unlink above I unlinked all my accounts from facebook. So there is a real mess going on here.

https://prnt.sc/w0ma2s

Now 30 minutes after I received the first email regarding unhooking my account from facebook, I am getting a second email and the link send me here.

https://prnt.sc/w0mwdo

I suspect I should have received this sort of screen with the first email but to a US server and I did not. As far as I know I never had an account on a European server but it has been a long time so there could have been an abandoned one I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay it is now working for me. Not sure if it just takes awhile or something support people did.

However, even after following the steps here, I have no message or gems indicating successful migration.

Solution: Missing reward after successful migration?
    Your migration has been completed, and you can Log in through Ubisoft Login without any issues?
    You haven't received a small package from us in the game yet?

Everyone gets a little something from us after the migration is completed (in-game message).
    You still have to log out of the game completely.
    Please close the game, log out on the home page.
    Clean the cache and delete all cookies.
    Then wait at least 15 minutes.
    After that you can log back into the game (via the Ubisoft Login).
    It is possible that you have to do this 1-2 times.
    Please also make sure that you have fully verified your Ubisoft account.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Greetings, I have my account on Kongragate, and am unsure if i will be able to continue to play with my existing character. First off, do i need to migrate my account, and second is it actually possible ?

I'll keep looking to see if there is a solution in the forum, but if i can be directed to the right info it would be helpful.
    Many thanks
    LC

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCrazy1234 View Post
    Greetings, I have my account on Kongragate, and am unsure if i will be able to continue to play with my existing character. First off, do i need to migrate my account, and second is it actually possible ?

I'll keep looking to see if there is a solution in the forum, but if i can be directed to the right info it would be helpful.
    Many thanks
    LC
    From the first link. This is right above overview in the first section and after they talk about facebook.

If you are a Steam/Kongregate user, please contact our support team so we can disconnect your TSO profile, allowing you to merge

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hi followed the instructions and it linked my account to an old username (Kavikos) that I have not used in years. Cannot no longer access my current account under user name Kavos.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavos View Post
    Hi followed the instructions and it linked my account to an old username (Kavikos) that I have not used in years. Cannot no longer access my current account under user name Kavos.
    From what I can see your problem has been solved? If not, please send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post

However, even after following the steps here, I have no message or gems indicating successful migration.
    I deleted the rewards part from the guide because I need to check it out. I will update this thread once I got the reply.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    2 things aren't completely clear to me, unless I'm being unusually dense this morning.

1) If I have a FB-linked account, do I need to create a Ubisoft account BEFORE doing the migration process or do I unlink FB, wait for the promised email and THEN create a Ubisoft account?

I think the second has been answered already, I play on Zeus, so looks like I could already login thru Ubi, if i had an account.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    dec 16th....

still no mac client to test on tso testing.

maintenance listed for live server -- with a link to a testing forum article ... i DO hope that your developing that client more - cause that client (rc2) is seriously limited in features... ie you cannot zoom in or out on the browser window (entire window - not just map).

please advise when a mac client is coming. xmas event starts in 5 days... not sure i want to bother investing time in a lost cause if theres not way to log in ½ way thru the event.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    you can zoom in and out and minimize the window. The problem I am concerned with, is the lack of ability to refresh it/reload, since that is something I have to do regularly with the current live game when it freezes up. Having to exit and reopen that is going to be a real pain if things freeze up. Maybe we will be lucky and it won't freeze up.

I actually don't see any difference whatsoever in the amount of area you can see on your island and in adventures between the current game and the new download.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Now when things act up, I have options. I can switch to another browser (like I'm doing now since the game is broken in Firefox) or go mobile. If the downloadable client acts up, you're just out of luck.

Reply to Thread