Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [LIVESERVER] New downloadable client.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabell496 View Post
    Feeling a little dim here, how do I know if I'm downloading/installing as an administrator?
    I had to look that up and it appears I installed mine as administrator but up to 5 minutes ago I was having no problems.

Search for accounts in windows search. Click on email and accounts and then your info.

I have no idea why they changed this to not being able to instal as administrator. Most people who have their own pcs are the administrators. I have no idea how to change to non administrator and I don't want to mess around with this function. Well actually I know why they might have changed this but they screwed the main group of people who play at home for the few who play on work pcs who did not have administrator access and had complained about this.

I had been playing the game fine for about 5 hours (except for some display issues in an adventure about 3 hours ago) and then the game became unresponsive and I had to relog and when I did it asked me to download the game again.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    So wait a minute after all the don’t worry we won’t leave the Mac players out. You did just that and we can’t play for the event? What the hell. When we talked about it in global asking if we would be able to play all we got was abuse for even asking. Now it turns out we had valid questions and there was no effort to include us at all. Otherwise we would of had a test version for Mac users at the same time as the pc version
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Milleh84 View Post
    anyone notice how quiet BB is ? and that its other players trying to troubleshoot? Its rather upsetting that not a single BB is to be found when they do a major chance/release like this.. right up to a weekend.
    Not even German BBs are responding, they all went quiet before 3 PM... I'm starting to think they just packed their stuff and left the building, and we will only see a game termination notice in a week or two

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I have no idea how to change to non administrator and I don't want to mess around with this function.
    All you need to do is add another user account, log in there and install the game from it - but from my experience with Win10 install, it works even from admin account, so I'd only try it if it would not.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillerist View Post
    So wait a minute after all the don’t worry we won’t leave the Mac players out. You did just that and we can’t play for the event? What the hell. When we talked about it in global asking if we would be able to play all we got was abuse for even asking. Now it turns out we had valid questions and there was no effort to include us at all. Otherwise we would of had a test version for Mac users at the same time as the pc version
    yup.. exactly how i feel.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I had to look that up and it appears I installed mine as administrator but up to 5 minutes ago I was having no problems.

Search for accounts in windows search. Click on email and accounts and then your info.

I have no idea why they changed this to not being able to instal as administrator. Most people who have their own pcs are the administrators. I have no idea how to change to non administrator and I don't want to mess around with this function. Well actually I know why they might have changed this but they screwed the main group of people who play at home for the few who play on work pcs who did not have administrator access and had complained about this.

I had been playing the game fine for about 5 hours (except for some display issues in an adventure about 3 hours ago) and then the game became unresponsive and I had to relog and when I did it asked me to download the game again.
    Oh, thanks, but yeah, I'm not going to change myself from being Admin since it is my personal PC. sigh. Thanks!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Remei View Post
    All you need to do is add another user account, log in there and install the game from it - but from my experience with Win10 install, it works even from admin account, so I'd only try it if it would not.
    Yes, I seem to be okay with windows 10 as administrator. However, I am having a terrible time with this forum. In order to reply to you I had to shut the game down and relog to even get logged in here, although this time it didn't ask me to download the game again.

Not even German BBs are responding, they all went quiet before 3 PM... I'm starting to think they just packed their stuff and left the building, and we will only see a game termination notice in a week or two
    Yes, I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if we got one of those either.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabell496 View Post
    Oh, thanks, but yeah, I'm not going to change myself from being Admin since it is my personal PC. sigh. Thanks!
    Did you see what Remei said - if you have windows 10 it should work as administrator.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I did, thanks! Guess I'll just wait and see.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I get the same error message as the old client version in this new one. Your client could not be updated!
    https://imgur.com/zrr5DdN

The old solution is to have some friend send me a "client.swf" file. Is this new version the same?

Reply to Thread